Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What is your quick morning routine?

Or your I-only-got-two-hours-of-sleep routine? Your "I'm one mascara smudge away from having a meltdown" routine?

I'm genuinely curious as to what others reach for when they've only got less than 20 minutes to make it out the door in time for work/class/other adulthood commitments at ungodly hours in the AM.

Re: What is your quick morning routine?

Contacts

Facewash &moisturize

Brush teeth

Clothes

Foundation

Brows

Mascara

Blush

Highlight

Shot of simple color to the lids

Run out the door

This is all assuming I otherwise prepared for the day by showering the night before and packing up what I need, otherwise I'll skip makeup entirely and blunder around getting ready.

I shower in the morning so if I only have 20 minutes, I'm toast! My shower and hair drying time would be 20 minutes alone.

I'd rather be an hour late to work (I have fairly flexible hours, I can take "personal time" or stay later if I need to) than to stroll into work less than well put-together!

Thankfully, I have rarely overslept and don't think I've ever been more than 15-30 minutes late for school or work (my internal clock is amazing). And now that I'm married and DH and I have the same work schedule, that's another added safety 😄

If it's the weekend and I'm simply going out to meet friends, then I guess I'd skip my shower, put my hair in a pony tail, wash my face, brush my teeth, put on my skincare, a thin layer of tinted moisturizer, do my brows, apply mascara and blush. Again, I don't think I've ever slept in so much that I didn't have enough time to do at least 75% of my routine (which usually takes 1-1.5 hours including my shower, blow dry time and time it takes me to get dressed).

Um, sadly I don't really have a quick 20 min out of the house routine.  I can do it on the weekends, when I throw my hair up and wash my face and go.  During the week when I go to work, I gotta shower and do make up. 

If I have 20min...yikes

• Baby wipes all over my body & face - Burning Man trick for when you can't shower but want to feel fresh. 

• Brush Teeth

• Sunday Riley Tidal on face

• Milk Makeup Sunshine oil on the ends of my long hair

• Benefit Boi-ing Concealer under eyes

• Benefit Hula Matte Bronzer lightly dusted all over

• Milk Makeup Lip & Cheek in Perk

• Cover FX liquid highlight in Sunlight or Blossom

• Milk Makeup Eye Vinyl in Bridge

• Milk Makeup Ubame Mascara

I usually only wash my face with cleanser once a day, so in the morning if I'm in a rush...

- Rinse face with facecloth 

- Light moisturizer 

- Mascara

- Tinted moisturizer 

- Concealer 

- Fill in brows & use gel

- Blush

- Finishing powder 

Assuming this doesn't include hair..

- MIst of some sort

- Moisturizer

- Eye cream

- Primer

- cushion foundation

- concealer

- powder

- eye shadow stick (maybe depends where i am going)

- brow pencil

- mascara

1.  Brush teeth. 

2.  Wash face. GlamGlow Youth Cleanse is in my current rotation.

3.  Tone. Either Murad Essential C, Mario B. Rosewater, or Caudalie Grape Water. 

4.  Moisturize. Belif Aqua Bomb. 

Anonymous Insider

1. Acne treatment/treatment then move on Clinique moisture surge or (fave at the moment) wait a few

2. mac fix + ( /faveprimer)now hit it with #1 foundation, foundation powder,  tinted moisturizer. (for confidence)

3. set lids either after foundation or concealer.

4. conceal with needed (acne,blemishes, scar, etc...) and set

4. basic quick bronze, highlight, and blush. (Again pick the best!)

5.  Eyeliner- the current worker

6. Mascara- the cyrrent worker (lashes if you=obsessed)

7. Final set (powder/spray)

8. Outfit and Go! Go! Go! Gadget go!

Anonymous Insider

Only 2 hours of sleep?  I'd call in sick, take a Benadryl, and then try to get 6 hours of sleep.  I wouldn't want to be a danger to others on the road.  I'm already a danger on the road with 8 hours of sleep!

If I happen to prefer sleep over makeup (usually before a morning lab sesh), then I usually have 10 to 15 minutes to get ready. (Assuming I showered the night before and 5 minutes spent on hygiene)

1. Son & Park Beauty Water with Shiseido cotton pad

2. Belif Aqua Bomb

3. DE Vitamin C serum (sometimes)

4. Sunscreen

5. Tarte's Tinted BB Treatment (best, BEST product for evening out complexion and texture!)

6. light dusting of RCMA No Color powder

7. blush (any neutral, usually Tarte)

8. highlight (usually Becca's Champagne Pop)

(9. brows if I have extra time with ABH Brow Wiz in Granite)

**I just noticed that I use Tarte face products quite a lot despite not really being a fan of their line as a whole. (Some of) their stuff really works.

Son and Park water plus shiseido cotton pad is the best! My skin has been so much nicer since using that instead of washing my face in the mornings 🙂 

Yeah! It's a great step to add more hydration 🙂

20 minutes for everything?

Super quick shower - no hair washing

Vitamin C Serum

A light moisturizer like Drunk Elephant B Hydra or PTR Cloud Cream

For hair I'd just use my hair dryer to try to smooth and wonky pieces around my face. Dry shampoo if needed.

I recently starting carrying my essentials in a makeup bag so I can just throw it in my bag and run out the door if needed, but this is what I carry:

Either Nyx Micro Brow or ABH Brow Wiz

Either UD Naked or Tarte Shape Tape

ABH Brow Gel

Dinoplatz Lip Balm (Beet Jam or Pinky Pie)

Tinted moisturizer: Either NARS or Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Beauty Blender

The ones not crossed out are the bare minimum I need to do to not feel bad for others looking at my face lol

- Son and Park beauty water

- Vit C serum if I have time!

- Shiseido eyebrow pencil

- Urban decay primer

- Nudestix magnetic eye pencil in taupe

- ABH eyeshadow (deep plum or deep brown)

- Essence waterproof liquid liner if I have time for the wing; if not, then I use the UD eye pencil in Demolition because it takes less brain power to use!

- MAC studio finish concealer

- Shiseido perfecting smoothing compact foundation

It's a nightmare dragging myself out of bed in the morning. The nice thing is that unless I'm teaching a class or have a meeting, I can show up to work whenever. Love flexible hours! But, my routine is super basic in the morning, especially since I shower in the evenings. Most mornings I slap on some concealer, a little eyebrow pencil, some lipstick, and go. Sometimes mascara if I'm wearing contacts instead of my glasses. I love doing a full face of makeup, but I almost never do it outside of the weekends. And even now, that routine has been reduced to just concealer and lipstick because my brows are a bit of a mess right now. Gonna wax them this weekend hopefully and get them back to rights.

I don't do mornings, ever, I work at 4pm. I'm evil in the mornings haha. But I can get ready pretty quickly, as I did today I was rushing after an appointment to get ready for work. So in less than 15 minutes:

-Prime with Hourglass Mineral Veil

-Prime eyes with Urban Decay primer 

-Spot and under eye concealer with Nars

-Powder foundation all over

-Nars contour powder in Olympia - the light shade to set eye, the darker shade to contour the eye

-Same contour powder for face

-Marc Jacobs blush in lines and last night

-Use same blush on outer eyelids

-Set face with meteorites Clair 02 all over

-Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara

-ABH clear brow set

This is what it looks like, not too bad I think. I skip brows in a rush because they take too long to match

Spoiler
IMG_0236.JPG

Welp, I feel sadly lacking as a girl

i shower the night before so my rush 5 minutes to get out the door is 

1. Brush

2. Get changed 

1. Shower 

2. Body lotion & deodorant

3. Take essential vitamins and medications (or if I'm really in a rush, I'll throw them in my purse to take on the road).

4. Facial toner, moisturizer, sunscreen

5. Brush teeth

6. For makeup, powder foundation (or, if I have a few extra minutes, liquid foundation), eyebrows, mascara on top lashes, tinted lip balm

7. Comb & brush hair and put up either in ponytail or put half of hair up with the rest of it down. 

8. Earrings

9. Quick spritz of perfume

If I'm really really late for class (10 minutes to get ready - excluding travel time)

1. Quick shower

2. Get dressed

3. Brush my teeth

4. Cleanse my face with a non-drying cleanser (Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser or a cleansing oil)

5. Moisturize & Protect with hydrating sunscreen (Sulwhasoo Hydro-Aid Moisturizing UV Protection Cream)

6. Run to class 😄 (Luckily I live close to my college campus)

1. Shower + Wash my face with Philosophy Clear Days Ahead

2. Moisturize with Drunk Elephant B-Hydra

3. Prime with Hourglass or Dior Pore Minimizer

4. Apply Lancôme Teint Idole Cushion Foundation with my beauty blender

5. Conceal undereyes with Urban Decay or Tarte shape tape (this step is skipped if I am in a super rush)

6. Powder up with Maybelline or Revlon (forgot the names but both are matte) powders

7. Fill in my brows with Benefit's Goof Proof

8. Spray my face with Urban Decay All- Nighter

9. Apply mascara if I can spare an extra minute- usually Chanel Inimitable

Thanks for helping me realize how many steps are in my "quick" routine lol But this really does take only like 10 minutes if I hurry

53 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • upload_2983584024810314229.gif
  • IMG_0236.JPG
testing