marydiva

What is your biggest makeup pet peeve?

For me, it'd have to be would have to be eyeliners that require sharpening, especially when the eyeliner itself is sort of soft and creamy. I can never get it back into a nice tip, and it always end up very blunt. I hate, hate, hate sharpening eyeliners, they always clog the sharpener and, let's be honest, so much makeup is wasted that way. Retractable crayon eyeliners are usually what I use, but I hate when there's a color or brand of eyeliner that I want to use, but requires sharpening. The same thing goes for lipsticks or basically any creamy pencil. Ah-noy-ing! 

prosopon

Re: What is your biggest makeup pet peeve?

I have done that!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

One of my biggest pet peeves is probably my own fault -- I hate when mascara goes sour before its expiration. My TooFaced LashGasm just started to smell off -- I haven't had it that long, but I'm totally guilty of not screwing the cap on tightly, so I think it's my fault more than the product's, because I'm often in a hurry in the morning when I'm applying mascara.

I have a similar gripe about eyeliners -- it feels as though I'm constantly sharpening them! I prefer a thin line, but it requires constant sharpening. I'd probably be better off with liquid or gel, but I'm not skilled at applying it in a razor sharp line (and it ends up being way too thick!).

marydiva

putting-eyeliner-on.jpeg

Haha, exactly! It's so hard to make pencil liners nice and sharp and then you end up with this ^. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Bwahahaha! Panda!!!! You mean that look ISN'T in?!?!? :smileytongue:

mityren

(0) Hearts

This is me when my liquid liner has gone missing for sure! 

hollypocket

(0) Hearts

^ THIS.

Daniela1387

lmao!!!! thats is an amazing rendition of me attempting to put on my liquid eyeliner!

katie1724

[ Edited ]

HAHAH! Yep, this basically sums it up. :smileywink: That is perfect!

beautylovingirl

I have some of those too and I have no idea why I bought them they aggravate me so much because of the mess.

beautylovingirl

I also thought of another one is that when you buy some of the loose powders that don't have sifters or lock lids on them and when you open them to use them they go every where.

marydiva

YES. I have a lot of the old BareMinerals eyeshadows and I HATE them. the powder goes EVERYWHERE

marydiva

Oh, I agree! I hate how powdery makeup always seems to find it's way out of the packaging. 

janinebt

That's a good one too! I have a few that are pretty much transparent no matter what sort of primer/eyeshadow base I use. 

That goes for lipglosses too. It bugs me when a gloss has absolutely no color to it. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
LolaVal

I totally agree with you gals regarding blushes, eye shadows, and lip glosses that just won't show up!  I've seriously tried blushes that people swear by and it just doesn't show up on me unless I literally apply it 10 times.  That always makes me feel like something's wrong with my skin!  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh Melissa I can't agree with you more I got a 5 colour Dior eye shawdow  in Incognito and no matter what I do it's too light for me so sad it's looks so pretty in the palette.

melissabt

Hi Marydiva,

For me it would be blushes or eyeshadows that don't show up!

Especially if it looks so pretty in the pan and no matter how much primer or good brushes that I use, it just isn't pigmented enough and comes out looking so sheer! That goes for blushes too.

<3 Melissa
runy

I hate washing makeup brushes.  It's so much work and it takes forever and it stains my sink (it's white) so I have to scrub the sink afterwards.  I wish a magical elf would wash my brushes for me when I'm at work!

Daniela1387

I agree! Its such a process and then bristles start coming off and I sit there wondering if that enough cleaning or should i do it a couple more times to make extra sure they're clean. By the time Im done its 2 hours later and my counters are full of brushes that need to sit and dry themselves -.-

janinebt

I completely feel your pain marydiva. The worst is when you toss a pencil product into your makeup pouch, then go to use it only to find that it is in need of a little sharpening. Thank goodness a lot of brands are including sharpeners along with their pencils.

My pet peeve would have to be dirty makeup/packaging. I know, I know it's kind of odd. I just hate when makeup gets dirty, semi clogged due to product, etc. Usually I'll dedicate one day out of the week to cleaning my most used items. I find that products in tubes seem to get the worst of it. My POREfessional looked like an antique a few weeks ago, but a makeup wipe was able to polish it right up.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
prosopon

To go along with Janine's pet peeve of dirty packaging, I hate it when the packaging/dispenser makes you waste product.  I can't control how much squirts out, or I can't get to the last bit without breaking the container.  Very annoying.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 79 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • anaa