marydiva

What is your biggest makeup pet peeve?

For me, it'd have to be would have to be eyeliners that require sharpening, especially when the eyeliner itself is sort of soft and creamy. I can never get it back into a nice tip, and it always end up very blunt. I hate, hate, hate sharpening eyeliners, they always clog the sharpener and, let's be honest, so much makeup is wasted that way. Retractable crayon eyeliners are usually what I use, but I hate when there's a color or brand of eyeliner that I want to use, but requires sharpening. The same thing goes for lipsticks or basically any creamy pencil. Ah-noy-ing! 

clarks18

Re: What is your biggest makeup pet peeve?

(0) Hearts

My biggest pet peeve is when I try to go through my makeup routine fast and it's time to curl my lashes and I end up pinching my lid with my lash curler.  Eye starts watering and it's all down hill from there.  I also can't stand when on one eye the shadow blends like a dream and then the other eye well won't blend!  I also hate when you sharpen an eyeliner pencil and the tip breaks off as soon as you get it near your eye.  Also it makes me cry a little inside when I get too much product out of a container and I can't put the excess back!  So sad.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

This happened to me this morning, first time in awhile: when you curl your lashes and one eye curls wayyy better than the other so one eye looks fabulous while the other looks so-so. :smileymad:

catherineu2

I HATE the makeup "redo"! Especially when everything else is good but you make one mistake and then you have to start all over. I feel like I'm wasting so much product & time. It usually happens when I do my eyes (too much liner/shadow, colour doesn't look right, etc.) or when I'm trying to cover a spot (too much concealer & it looks "fake"). I can usually just clean that area but sometimes I have to wash my entire face & start from scratch. SO annoying!

bananachoox3

When too much product comes out of the packaging. 

If I mess up on something I have to re do my makeup, sigh got to be perfect.

anaa

(0) Hearts

This is so typical of my eyeliner experiences.  LOL.

btmod2

Haha, I also hate when I sneeze after tight lining my eyes, and it gets smudged on my lower lids! I forgot about that one. It also drives me nuts when I get eyeshadow powder fall out on my lashes when they already have mascara on them. Then I have to go back in with the mascara wand and touch them up, and sometimes get a little on my lids in the process. :smileyhappy: -Laura

AlwaysGlamorous

I hate it when......

......my foundations oxidize!!!! [this is my BIG one, drives me nuts]

......perfumed body lotions smell nothing like the accompanying fragrance.

......I sneeze right after I put on my mascara and it smudges all over!

MizzyyzziM

It bothers me when people wear foundation thats WAYYYY too light for their faces. So their faces look one bright light color and their chest and arms look almost tan. It looks so strange to me. I almost want to break out a bronzer and start trying to help with the contrast... :smileysad:

hollypocket

(0) Hearts

Or the opposite! They wear a shade that's too dark and they have that clearly visible make-up line right along their jaw! So their neck is super pale but their face is just overloaded with foundation!

mityren

When my powder top won't come off b/c my hands are slippery from my face moisturizer so I pull a little hard and POOF! I have powder flying everywhere! Totally my fault but still annoying.

placaminero

I HATE the packaging for the NARS blush. It's my favorite blush, but all of them are filthy. and I've given up cleaning them, because it doesnt last. 

quenbee

(0) Hearts

I second that!  And then whatever the coating is on their packaging that makes it feel "soft" has gotten sticky and tacky and I can actually scrape off with my fingernail!  

Clairins is bad too - I will not purchase their products anymore since the red stuff they spray on all packaging got all over my hands and the inside of my purse (lipstick tube and LE bronzer)! Sticky Red! So annoying!

dianabt

Those shimmery blush and bronzer colors get me too :smileysad: I love Bella Bamba and SugarBomb by Benefit but NEITHER show up on me. So sad!

I also get sad wtih non-creamy pencil liners that you really have to press down on the lids to get any color! No time for that! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@dianabt Ive noticed that if I use the lighter/shimmery blushes with foundation they just sink into my face and you cant see them. I recently used a light blush with a tinted moisturizer and WOW the color really looked good and stood out

onomotopoeia9

Balling moisturizers definitely rank in the top ten pet peeves...

Other than that,

-Long last lipsticks that stay on until your skin peels off because the product dried it out.

-when under-eye concealer moves and creates lines that look like creases

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

OMG moisturizer that balls up on my face wow I though that only happened to me worst thing in well.... ugh especially once you have put foundation and the foundation is coming off in the same little ball things you have to take it all off and start over, a sure fire way to ruin my day and make me late... NOT GOOD

sephoramusthave

When the packaging makes it hard to get ALL the product out, when moisturizers ball up and roll off my face when I try to rub them in, and when my shadows crumble into pieces when I hit pan. Oh and when brushes shed or lose their shape after washing.

grrrrrrz.

Daniela1387

[ Edited ]

My biggest pet peeve is makeup containers that make it hard to get every last bit of the product out. I feel like Im wasting my money when that happens. >.<

Apocalyptica

I think I will resort to cutting my eyeshadow primer open and scraping what I can't squeeze out into one of the sample containers I've collected just so I don't waste any of it. lol

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Trust me, it's worth it! I cut open everything that I can to get the last drops! I cut open my Latisse container last night and swirled around brush until I was sure I had every last bit of it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 40 replies
  • 79 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon
    • anaa