nebel

What is your beauty Pick-Me-Up?

It seems like some of us were having rough weeks, and we come to this board to feel better because everyone is so kind :smileyhappy:  But I bet lots of us also turn to a particular beauty product or ritual to make us feel better when we're down.

For me, it is a long, luxurious bath with bubbles and/or oils and/or salts.  Afterwards, applying lotion and perfume completes the experience.  Gotta love L'Occitane!  swfupload_847829511946817693.jpg

So what is your beauty pick-me up?  Do you do your makeup when you're down?  Or something else?

janinebt

Re: What is your beauty Pick-Me-Up?

I really enjoy taking a long bubble bath with a good book when I'm feeling down. Doing yoga or going for a long walk are two other ways that I keep my chin up, I find that working out truly is one of the best pick-me-ups for any situation; getting those endorphins going and doing a body good is always a positive way to relieve stress.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ellevee09

(0) Hearts

full body massage. I can't live without them. :smileywink:

Meg82

(0) Hearts

My favorite beauty relaxing thing is getting a mani-pedi from the pricey place near me.   Sometimes they are worth the splurge.

Sadly I couldn't do one this week because my problem I needed to recover from was surgery and I'm not yet able to sit up long enough for a mani-pedi yet.  I have an appointment for 7/13 (my birthday) which will leave me with plenty of time to heal.

lolo01

(0) Hearts

LOL yeah but its funnnnn :smileyhappy:

mafan

I relax in the whirlpool tub. (I really wanted one when we were house hunting and the builder had already put one in. My husband and I both love it.) My current favorite scent is Philosophy's Peace on Earth,from Christmas 2011. I love the smell and it's an actual bubble bath so has lots of long lasting bubbles. I follow up with the matching lotion. 

Sometimes I paint my nails. Last year was so crazy that taking time to do this was a total indulgence. 

ezinabee

The clean feeling after showering and doing my hair and fresh makeup. It makes me feel so much better when I shower before I go anywhere.

bearsmom

First a run to get out my frustrations, then wind down with an at home spa night with the right amount of alcohol, blue bell vanilla ice cream w hersheys choc syrup, and several tv episodes via Netflix.  When my face and hands feel soft and clean, all the good stuff seems even better!!!

poemelyric

I usually go for a pedicure at the end of a stressful week.  On non pedicure weeks, I do a body scrub with Fresh Brown Sugar scub.  The lemony smell relaxes me...

lylysa

As of late my pick-me-up has been face masks.

I've been working out plenty and just keeping active and sweating to clear out my pores just makes me want to take some time out to soothe and calm my skin back down. I have 2 Lush masks I've been bouncing back and forth with, Brazened Honey and Catastrophe Cosmetic. BH is infused with honey, egg, and tumeric so it soothes, tightens, and brightens with CC is packed with blueberries, chamomile, and calamine which helps to soothe, ease, and give my skin an anti-oxidant boost!

starletta8

I love Catastrophe Cosmetic!

nebel

(0) Hearts

Me too... that mask is FANTASTIC

crayzeeRN

I actually hate baths. I can stand in a hot shower all day, but for some reason sitting in a hot tub of water makes me feel slightly suffocated. I only do it when I have to (when I come home from a martial arts class with a sprain or whopping bruises).

If I have a bad day at work, I like to come home and shower off all the "imaginary" germs on me and then cook breakfast. The combination of hot water and then having to focus on cooking calms my brain down enough to go to sleep after. If its been a REALLY bad day, sometimes an adult beverage accompanies that breakfast :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Do you usually work night shifts? On top of being an ER nurse? You are crayzee! :smileyvery-happy: My mom is a nurse, but in palliative care in a cancer ward, much less hectic (though they manage their share of awful shifts, especially when no nursing assistants are scheduled that day, who does that??)

crayzeeRN

Heck yes, I'm permanent night shift, it's 10x more fun! You get the wildest things coming in during the witching hours. (it also pays better! :smileyhappy: )

rikkie

Fair enough! Those are both good reasons. Probably you get fewer people just coming to the ER for no good reason in the middle of the night. Do you have one crazy story that stands out especially? I love hearing nurse stories! Hate being in the hospital though. I tried to convince them to let me go less than 8 hours after waking up from a coma because I was fine and didn't need to be taking up an ICU room, but they made me stay overnight, it was mind numbing, haha.

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

While more walk in to an ER during the 'day,' by the time the majority actually get treated and moved out of the waiting room, it is night shift's turn. Triage sees more patients during the day, but we treat more at night. Hopefully that makes sense.

The crazy stories blend together after a while. A good pysch case is always interesting... patient who tries to cross a 5 lane highway on foot... a little alcohol plus a stroll across some train tracks, only to be promptly hit by oncoming train. Peeing on an electric fence. Boyfriends can tell some fabulous stories after they've done something to piss their girlfriends off and gf stabs bf with nearest object (think creatively!) Gun shot wounds to the head with the patient alert and talking to you. Foreign objects in *cough* all sorts of wrong places... and when you ask the patient how that got up there, they tell you they fell on it...

starletta8

I like taking baths, but if I'm going to buy a product, it's either a new lipstick (that changes your outlook!) or (surprise surprise) a new bottle of nail polish.

wingatprsct

My good friend and I go get a pedicure (they also offer free wine) and we attempt to solve all our problems and all the world's problems by the time we're done!  Nothing beats a great friend to listen to your problems when you've had a bad day!

kimmi1115

I agree about playing and cuddling with furry family members!  

nebel

(0) Hearts

I would be so lost without my cats and dogs- I'm sort of a major animal lover and have three cats, Minerva, Juno, and Fortuna, and three dogs, Pirate, Thor, and Glory.  They are my light and my loves!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 101 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • poemelyric
    • kimmi1115
    • janinebt
    • bearsmom
    • lylysa