nebel

What is your beauty Pick-Me-Up?

It seems like some of us were having rough weeks, and we come to this board to feel better because everyone is so kind :smileyhappy:  But I bet lots of us also turn to a particular beauty product or ritual to make us feel better when we're down.

For me, it is a long, luxurious bath with bubbles and/or oils and/or salts.  Afterwards, applying lotion and perfume completes the experience.  Gotta love L'Occitane!  swfupload_847829511946817693.jpg

So what is your beauty pick-me up?  Do you do your makeup when you're down?  Or something else?

DesertRose0706

Re: What is your beauty Pick-Me-Up?

Depends on what has gotten me down, but i love a nice warm bath with a great bathbomb from lush, followed by skincare routine (not putting any makeup on, this is when i am most comfortable) and crawling into my bed with just-out-of-the-dryer sheets and pillow cases.

For some reason being freshly showered and having a clean bed and relaxing in it for a while always makes me feel better.  That along with some cuddles from my kitties. :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Ahh, this sounds so perfect!

nebel

I love EVERYTHING from LUSH  :smileyhappy:

lolo01

I go to Sephora and shop when I feel blue... Just walking around looking at everything and trying stuff, smelling stuff,... makes me feel better

bearsmom

Oh if I went when I was feeling down I would certainly feel better... And be broke!!! You are brave!!!

laurabt

Hi Nebel, your bubble bath sounds so luxuriously relaxing!  I'm going to have to try that lavender L'Occitane.  I usually just soak my feet (and exfoliate them while I'm down there) while sipping a glass of wine.  It's a little treat for myself, and definitely helps me de-stress.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

beautylovingirl

@nebel- I know I love this product it's a girl's best friend at bath time. ^.^

Titian06

I can't wait to get home, wash off my make-up, and then play with the cats.  They are my stress relief.

nebel

I love my furry babies! I have cats and dogs, and you're right, they are such wonderful relief. I love getting cuddles and kisses <3

krunce

lol... mine is alcohol :s

ChicDabbler

lol, as long as you don't drink enough to get a hangover the next day, cuz then that kind of defeats the purpose.

And if you want to prevent yourself from having a hangover....

swfupload_1533835248567662346.jpg

starletta8

It is!!

Not even kidding- I ran into the "adult Capri Suns" in New Orleans for the first time (naturally).  They sell them in our grocery stores locally- pre-mixed drinks.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Hahaha I can see myself just punching a hole into the middle of the bag to get to that sweet sweet booze. :smileyvery-happy: 

Arlandria88

@krunce----- hahahahaha

yeah. Me too. 

I was going to agree with foot massage but.........

jellybean917

My nighttime skincare routine is such a great way to end my day and calm down. I do the normal stuff - cleanser, toner/exfoliation, serum, eye cream, moisturizer. I like to light a lavender-scented candle and really take my time, like a facial. A daily reminder to appreciate myself in all of the stress and craziness.

rikkie

Ughhh. This week is definitely a brutal one.  Wish my place had a tub. I have been attempting to have some calm time with face masks, but I'm not sure it works every single day, haha. Dying my hair a different color or changing the style really drastically always helps me feel like I am leaving something behind and moving forward. Maybe I should get out the scissors and the bleach. :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

A face mask and a bath :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

Oh I have that lavender bath thing, I put some rose water and rose petal in last time. Lol, totally felt like a princess.

However, my apartment doesn't like bath, so for relaxing it's usually a facial mask (Fresh Rose mask) and the kneading/deep tissue back massager from Brookstone. Tho if I'm in a hurry, then a couple spritz of Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

Arlandria88

@beautytester------ ROSE PETALS !

You ARE a Princess :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Except princesses don't have to pluck and wash their own rose petals individually (and clean up) for the bath, lol. But for that 30-40min, yes very princessy

beautylovingirl

@nebel-That is so funny this is the exact product I was going to say I fill out Jacuzzi tub and all my cares are gone in minutes!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 101 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • poemelyric
    • kimmi1115
    • janinebt
    • bearsmom
    • lylysa