jellymonster

What is your WORST beauty mistake?

[ Edited ]

What is your worst beauty mistake? My worst beauty mistake was probably when I was younger 13-14, I put on false eyelashes with elmer's glue! EEK. How crazy, right?!

woman-with-bad-makeup-on-face14.jpg

kissXmakeup

Re: What is your WORST beauty mistake?

(0) Hearts

When I was about 5, I was in Mexico with my cousin playing with her makeup. Do you guys remember that lip balm that was different colors but it would always turn red? Well, I put that all over my mouth & some on my face. Thinking I could easily wipe it off, I did it to my cousin too & we looked like clowns for a couple of days. It stained badly!

lylysa

Those "mood" lipsticks!!! They came in pink, blue, and green but always turned red!!! :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

lol! I remember those. They were soooo cool back in the day

kissXmakeup

My cousin was looking for a nice red lipstain recently & I reccommended that to her. We got a good laugh out of it!

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

when i was six I put lipstick in circles on my cheeks! my foster parents were mortified and told me no makeup! I was too young for it anyways Gah!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I haven't done anything too crazy, but i did used to wear super thick eyeliner my first year of highschool!! I don't know how i thought it looked good, But that phase didn't last to long thank god!! I barely wear eyeliner anymore!!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@ashhay- YIKES!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@makeupobsessed- Laitsse will make you eye brows come back in thicker it's expensive but it works!

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

I'm definitely going with tweezing my eyebrows.  I'm in growing back mode now, and its been two years.  

I am also guilty of the brown lip liner and brown lipstick at some point.

i also grew up in the 80s and early 90s so I'm guilty of really big, permy hair teasd and sprayed into heights that are just not normal for hair.

miabt

Ohh man, my teens were rough!  I'm guilty of the brown "jordana" lipliner & blistex over it.  I was also all about the frosty shadows on pretty much my entire lid.  By the time I discovered foundation, it was too heavy & certainly NOT my color.  I even tried to cover up hives from an allergic reaction with foundation & looked horrid :smileysad:  I'm so glad to be out of those awkward teen years!  I would never have taken any beauty advice from the teen me!!

xo, Mia

ashhay

Lets see tweezing my eyelashes,over tweezing my eyebrows, green lipstick, and trying to cover pimples with green concealer. Washing my face when I was 6 with comet cleanser my skin texture was never the same after the fact.

kd006

AHH! Yours is a horror story!! Tweezing eyelashes sounds um.. PAINFUL. And washing your face with comet must have been pretty traumatic as a 6 yr old. Poor girl!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I used to tweeze my legs as a stress habit- yuck!

kd006

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh! I can barely handle waxing.. :/

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I'd have bumps all over the place, so I couldn't bare my legs.  I did minor permanent damage.

kd006

(0) Hearts

Oh goodness. That sounds seriously awful.

ashhay

(0) Hearts

Lets see tweezing my eyelashes,over tweezing my eyebrows, green lipstick, and trying to cover pimples with green concealer.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

My version of skincare as a teenager was using astringent. That's it. No moisturizer, no washing my face, nothing. My mom never really used makeup or skincare (etc.) so I really had no one to teach me what to do! Didn't start wearing makeup until probably junior or senior year of high school, and didn't have any idea how to REALLY put on makeup until college.

Apparently my current mistake is not drinking enough water! Although that will only be happening on my days off... don't have time to drink that much at work!

sephoralovex

My worst was when i first started getting into makeup i was around 13-14 also and i used shimmery bronzer as a powder, so i applied it all over my face! my neck was literally so pale and then you look at my face and it's like dark bronzy shimmer. I did that for a while until my mom noticed and then took me to MAC to buy an actual powder... haha

fruitysquirt

Blue eye shadow. Looks so bad with my skin tone and eye color

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll