jellymonster

What is your WORST beauty mistake?

[ Edited ]

What is your worst beauty mistake? My worst beauty mistake was probably when I was younger 13-14, I put on false eyelashes with elmer's glue! EEK. How crazy, right?!

woman-with-bad-makeup-on-face14.jpg

beautylovingirl

Re: What is your WORST beauty mistake?

Water is one of the biggest and best beauty rituals you can do.

starletta8

It took a stern lecture from the woman doing my mini facial at Shiseido for me to wake up. And since then, I've been working very hard on drinking enough water.  I have about 3/4 of a giant plastic wineglass left- which means like 1.5 glasses left and then I'm at day #10 in a row of hitting at least 8 glasses per day.

starletta8

I have a recent one: not drinking enough water/drinking way too much caffeine.

The difference in my skin after really focusing on water intake... holy cow did I screw up my skin for years for nothing!

kd006

Seriously! My skin cleared up SO much when I started drinking a lot of water.. It works better than any products you can buy!! :smileyhappy:

starletta8

And I'm almost ready to switch out my night cream for the night emulsion, now that the hydration balance is almost right.

poemelyric

I wore eyeliner as a lip liner... enough said!

carrierose

I did the opposite...I used bright red lip liner as an eyeliner!  It worked okay, though. :smileytongue:

quenbee

Hahaha - picture it summer 1988, straight long blonde hair, fair skinned, blue eyed girl getting ready to enter high school in the fall. She decides she needs bangs (the big bushy kind that you feathered - yes I said feathered!) and a perm with the tightest curls she could get.  Then add frosty blue eyeshadow, the jet black eye pencil (the one you had to melt with a lighter to get any color on your eyelid), fushia or bright color blush and then frosty pale pink lipstick.  All with foundation and powder that totally didn't match my skin tone.

After a few days of going out of the house looking like a clown, my mother signed me up for make-up/skin care classes at the Boys and Girls club.  It was great. I learned all about witch hazel and less is more and what a "line of demarcation" was and why it was BAD! What colors work best for my skin tone, the proper way to add blush.   I think those classes are what started my love for all things beauty related!

kd006

Hot mess! Lol!! That's all I have to say... Glad that you got the help you needed though.. Who knew it would lead to the addiction of Sephora..

quenbee

(0) Hearts

A hot mess turned Sephora addict!  Such an addiction! Hahaha Sometimes  I miss the days when ALL of my make up fit in my caboodle!  

beautylovingirl

@Diana- Oh yeah the good old Estee Lauder Counter. The heaviest foundation that there ever was. I still see that today and it scares me to even go around a Lauder Counter it's like being buried in mud slide. :smileysurprised:

prettyinpa

Hahaha! Buried in a mud slide!

lmevans

Bright blue eyeshadow. 'nuff said.

PickyPlease

Yes. 

Lol

sephoramusthave

Hmmm.....ya know....I didnt start wearing makeup until around 19...so I dont think I ever made any dramatic mistakes. I know what looks good on me and only go for that, I dont walk the trends if they dont suit me.

A lot of skincare items made my once super clear skin break out like crazy and I had to deal with that for a looong while.

When I was in middle school, I liked to paint my nails in different colors-----10 fingers, 10 colors. :smileyvery-happy:

dianabt

I can't even begin.. it was either the overplucked brows, the brown lipstick (why did all of us teens get talked into it???) or matching my frosty pink or brown lips with frosty pink or brown eyeshadow.

I do remember my first high end purchase! I wanted to cover up the redness in my skin and the counter girl at estee lauder gave me the super double heaviest liquid foundation and powder ever. :smileysad: 

I look back now (and during my times as a counter artist) and never offer the younger girls the heavy makeup! no no no! lol

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
pinklissamel

My mom wouldn't let me wear makeup till probably like 8th or 9th grade and even then it was only powder and lipstick. So when my friends would bring their makeup to school i would just dive right in and put it all on. Yikes!!! I didnt know that foundations needed to be color matched to your skin. Who knew??? Not me!!! So I was walking around school with an orange splotchy face and it just wasnt good, my mom flipped when i got home from school. I thought I was being sneaky, how was she ever going to know i was wearing makeup??? OOPS... So then I had this truly awful lipstick on  that didnt look good on me some peachy orange disaster going on, on my face ugh. And then I got into lip liners and that was the look back then I think. With the darker lip liner and then nudy pink lip, not good, so not good. Oh well you live and learn right?? Less is more when it comes to makeup, so glad I learned that once I really started truly wearing makeup.

viviene23

I love dewy glowing look so I used to put a shiny glittery (ugh! i know) highlighter all over my face on top of an illuminating tinted moisturizer....talk about disco ball!! At least now I kind of tamed it and just use highlighters where highlighting is needed :-P

sylvania1210

I have sensitive skin and I had a really bad reaction to a product, it left me with flaky and scaly skin all over my face. The next day I tried to put concealer on, I looked even worse. All it did was point out where I was dry, I looked like a monster.

beautylovingirl

@PickyPlease- I see alot of beauty counter advisors I question. I mean alooooot. It's not good when you see someone getting their makeup done at a counter because it makes you do a double take and I don't mean in a good way either. YIKES!

PickyPlease

I did have this sweet moment with a beauty counter, recently. I asked to test some color and she admitted that she didn't know how to shadow monolids and asked if I could do it on myself and walk her through it. Anyone willing to admit they don't know something is great! Instead of making up stuff so they can sell! A counter put pink undertone foundation on my yellow undertone skin because "it counters your color and makes you look healthier!" Slightly insulting >_< they're just so fast, I have makeup put on me before I can stop them! Lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • jellymonster