jellymonster

What is your WORST beauty mistake?

[ Edited ]

What is your worst beauty mistake? My worst beauty mistake was probably when I was younger 13-14, I put on false eyelashes with elmer's glue! EEK. How crazy, right?!

woman-with-bad-makeup-on-face14.jpg

drrragon

Re: What is your WORST beauty mistake?

oh my gosh!  your beauty counter stories reminded me of this hilarious experience I had at estee lauder.  i asked for a dramatic look, and the poor kid was so proud to show me his technique for a 5-minute smokey eye.  he mixed a bit of concealer with something black (maybe gel eyeliner?) and applied that as a base over my lid!  er, yes, it was quite dramatic, so in a way it was what i had asked for.  Then he added a nice pink lipstick and pink gloss, but finished it off by outlining with a raisin colored lip liner!  I asked him if that was a callback to the 90s (he probably wasn't even born yet in 1990) but he had no idea what i meant!

PickyPlease

Ooooomg. Lol awww for him and you! Is concealer even ok on your eye like that? Eeek! And where else other than 90s magazines would he see dark lip outlines? But he didn't know? So many questions lol

PickyPlease

Not questioning beauty counter advisors when I was younger! My first step into makeup was with Benefit, I bought most of what she put on me, but I had no idea why I supposedly needed a flat foundation brush when I didn't wear foundation, or what Dr. Feelgood was. And for awhile, I did my makeup as they and friends showed me when it was all wrong for my asian monolids :/. Thank god for blogs and online reviews now!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

My first step was with Benefit, too! I manage to resist Dr. Feelgood, but I got talked into getting the brown lipstick =(

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Brown lipstick, the first swatch on my arm there. No explanation needed for why it's a mistake, right?

2013-03-08 23.34.14.jpg

The MUA convinced me it looked good, costed my teenage self $18, my first high-end purchase. T.T

Fabz

Wearing a horrible pink lipstick that came in a cheap set. My mom bought me several of those god aweful sets around Christmas and I wore some of the stuff.. *shiver*. Yucky.

beautylovingirl

Mine was probaly wearing the most GOD AWFUL RED lipstick that I could find and continued to wear it until my late 20's when one day I saw a picture and thought Lord,lord lord what was I thinking. Thank God those days are long gone.

MoreGun89

My nails grow naturally long so I'd carve them into points, paint them silver, and tip them red.  To be fair, they looked AWESOME.  Although after I accidentally caught a guy's face with my pinky (nearly a decade later he still has the scar) I stopped doing that... Beauty is indeed a dangerous weapon XD  Oh, and when I was really small I put on one of those cheapy pink lipsticks on my face in tribal patterns, my mom was not happy >.>

DTalksAll

Middle School 90's... silver lipstick, nude lipstick with red lipliner, blue eyeshadow, gold lipstick as eyeshadow, shimmer bronzer all over face... 

High School punk stage... chopped off my long, thick hair & dyed my dirty blonde red. I was going for a pixie look, but it was too thick & just looked like a mop. 

melissabt

Oh gosh. I think mine was wearing DARK brown lip liner with a silver purple lipstick in my teens. Also, I used to really over do it with bronzer!

<3 Melissa
rainbow781

When I first started wearing makeup I was around 12 and I had no clue what I was doing. I have a really pale complexion and brown hair which just makes me look even whiter, when I began wearing makeup I used a lot of dark eyeliner all over and I looked like a tired vampire haha :smileyhappy: NEVER AGAIN!

katie1724

I once had the brilliant idea to put Nair on my eyebrows because it seemed faster and less painful than plucking (I was 12 or 13). I basically ended up with half-eyebrows that started near my irises. It was awful, and to this day I am so grateful that they grew back all the way.

I also used Sun-In -- my hair is way too dark for sun-in, and it turned it a brassy shade of orange that I had to cover on and off with permanent dye for about 3 years.  :smileytongue:

emmaclaire

Where to begin?!  I started wearing makeup around 12/13 and it was a complete trainwreck - orange face, bad eyeliner, BLUE EYESHADOW (whyyyyy), raccoon eyes (also whyyyyyy), nude lips to the extreme as in concealer on the lips (WHYYYYYY)...

Man, I sucked!

rawrxjasmine

I don't know why I though this was a cool idea! When I was in the 8th grade I used to wear a different eyeshadow on each eye. I did this a couple times... One eye would be all black eyeshadow and liner, the other one would be red or white or lime green... 

lreagan

I wasn't into makeup in high school but I'm ashamed that I never washed my face throughout high school AND college. I probably could have saved myself from a lot of low self confidence about my acne if I had. I'm 23 now and just started taking care of my skin about 8 months ago.

Spyski

Trimming my eye lashes because they got in the way of my sunglasses. How stupid that decision was!

jellymonster

Can't go wrong with those beauty mistakes.

Everyone loved the bright blue eyeshadow to help enhance those bright pink cheeks! Ha ha.

janinebt

Yup I'm guilt for rocking shimmery blue eyeshadow AND pink blush. If I was really feeling adventurous I'd even add red lipstick. It was a train wreck those pictures are all still so hard to look at.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Gamergirl24

Blue eyeshadow or foundation that was too dark/ dried on my hair line. *hangs head in shame*

prettyinpa

I got a wiglet because I thought it would make me look like Brigit Bardot (think high updo, cat-eye, the whole nine yards).  Anyways, I spent a huge amount of time styling it on the wig stand, then pinned it on top of my head. It looked like a dead rat!  No matter how I arranged it, it looked awful. Ended up throwing it out, huge waste of money.

starletta8

It's either blue eyeshadow or 1990s lipliner.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • jellymonster