daisies121

What is one beauty imperfection/unique trait that you used to hate about yourself but now you love?

[ Edited ]

I have a faint scar on my right cheek that I got when I was a baby and was climbing on things I shouldn’t have been. It’s not super noticeable unless you look close but I always knew it was there. I used to really be self-conscience about it when I was a teenager but now I love it and think of it as unique characteristic of mine.
I also have big-brown almond-shaped eyes that I used to hate and wished they were smaller but now I LOVE my eyes and am able to pull off so many different looks with eye shadow that I enjoy emphasizing my eyes more than any other feature.

leolion

Re: What is one beauty imperfection/unique trait that you used to hate about yourself but now you lo

You are beautiful!! :smileyhappy:

leolion

Re: What is one beauty imperfection/unique trait that you used to hate about yourself but now you lo

My hair...It is really thick and curly.  When I was growing up, I never knew what to do with it, and even tried to straighten it several times in high school.  Starting in my college years, I learned to appreciate it, and these days, at almost 40, I love it.  I know a lot of people pay to have it, it is easy for me to do (no irons or rollers needed), and I think it helps keeps me youthful looking.

lb1414

People used to make fun of me for having big eyes. I don't really think my eyes are that big, but I figure when it comes to makeup, the bigger the better!

SallieSunshine

Great thread!

My freckles. I hated them when I was a kid. I didn't realize how much I'd grown to like them until I started to shop for foundation a few months ago and heard myself telling the SA that I didn't want anything that would cover my freckles. :smileyhappy:  

jenjendoitagain

I have a small mole on the right side of my face slightly above the corner of my lips. I always hated it because I thought it looked like a huge zit on my face...

Now, it doesn't bother me and I embrace it :smileyhappy:

JayReed

My lips!! I used to have people tell me how big my lips were all the time!! I have grown in to them and now I get compliments all the time and if I ever have anyone tell me they are too big I just tell them people PAY to have lips like mine.. lol and I have bunny teeth I feel like, but again people pay for some of those too! :smileyhappy:

P.S. those are my lips in my avi 

IllegallyBlonde

image.jpg

My eye color. I always wanted bright turquoise eyes like my dad, and mine are hazel. But I learned which colors them look brown, and which make them look green, and it's fun making myself look like my eyes change colors!

sdbeautyjunkie1

(0) Hearts

Pretty eyes!!!

nhunka

(0) Hearts

I have also learned to love my hazel eyes, yours are very pretty!

tracygirl64

Wow! You have very beautiful eyes, IllegallyBlonde!!! :smileyhappy:

jenjendoitagain

I have hazel eyes too & I LOVE them! :smileyhappy:

IllegallyBlonde

Thank you, guys :smileyvery-happy:

rdesigns

My oily skin.  It was the bane of my existence when I was younger, but now at 50 it is an extreme blessing because I have no wrinkles because of it.  

Londonlover101

my eyebrows,I used to think they were so hairy and I would look at all these women with perfectly plucked eyebrows and I was like "oh that's what eyebrows are supposed to look like" so from the age of eleven I was plucking every "imperfect hair" and one day I saw cara develgine and I was just......wow. then I looked in the mirror and never plucked them again, now I only pluck in between my eyebrows not shape them. and now I love them!

dziggi

I have a small scar on my forehead. I was a crazy two-year-old and one day I was up to my crazy Tarzan like antics and a chandelier fell on me. I used to hate the scar and thought everyone stares at it. Now, I don't even notice it and when someone does I usually have a funny story to tell on how I got it. Also, I have very full lips. Both my top and bottom are the same fullness. I used to get teased when I was kid, like "fish lips" and all that fun stuff. Nowadays, I'm a lipstickaholic and love my full lips!

marydiva

I have thick, dark Italian eyebrows and fair skin. I hated BOTH, but now I love them. :smileyhappy:

meecheroo

My ears. My left side sticks out a bit more than my right. They're also bigger than average, so I always felt a bit mousey. Now that I'm older, I kind of like that they stick out of my hair sometimes. I think the mousey look can be cute and youthful lookin.

jenjendoitagain

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh...I thought I was reading my own post!

My right ear sticks out more than my left! I hate wearing ponytails (& have even mentioned that in here before because of my ears)! My moms ears are just like mine...I definitely inherited the ears from her side of the family! It still kind of bothers me to be honest. If you look at me strait ahead, you see my face plus my right ear. LOL

meecheroo

Right? I never put my hair in a ponytail either lol. Only when I'm at home by myself lounging around. I got mine from my dad's side. My sister and half brother both got it from him, and you can definitely notice it when you're looking at me front the front too.

firefly02

This is going to sound really stupid, but when I was younger I use to HATE my eyes. They're what my mom called "chameleon eyes", so they basically used to change color on a daily basis, ranging from blue to green to grey. When I started wearing my dark purple glasses, the color they'd usually be was a very dark green, and I just hated that color, I used to call it "bottom of a dirty creek green". The fact that my eyes are huge didn't help either, just emphasized that color...

By the time I learned to love it, I started using lenses on a daily basis, so my eyes would normally look turquoise-green (depending on my makeup and clothes).

lovebaking123

[ Edited ]

My thick eyebrows. They are pretty thick and when I was younger I always wanted thinner eyebrows, so I started getting them done so they were unbelievably thin. Thankfully I came to my senses and grew them back out and now I love them!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 187 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • daisies121
    • lb1414
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • hypnoticpoise