missfawnie

What is Your HG Brand?

So, ladies- on this Friday night, I'm just a little bit curious... what is the one (or two+) brand(s) that you completely adore, obsess over, and probably even stalk? 

For me, it is definitely Too Faced. Whenever Too Faced releases an item (or even with their old items that I stumble across), I immediately have a strong urge to purchase it... even if I don't need it. 

Benefit used to be that way too, for me, but I forgot about it when I found Too Faced. Although it seems like I'm straying back over to them too. :smileywink:

So then- what is your favorite brand? 

mlinrin

Re: What is Your HG Brand?

(0) Hearts

I would have to say Urban Decay & Nars. I have yet to find a product from either brand that I didn't really enjoy! I also really like Benefit!

fhgarman

(0) Hearts

Fresh, Bobbi Brown and Nars! When it comes to Sephora.com I always do a search for Fresh and then sort for "newest". Totally stalker-like behavior! :smileywink:

lissay

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Urban Decay. Haven't found one of their products that I don't like. And of course I don't know what I would do without the eye primer, eyeliner and shadows. 

obssedwbeautyj

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Laura Mercier. 

KayyLynn

It used to be MAC and I still really love their products but I am trying to stray as I was told the face products were adding to my already bad hormonal breakouts. Since trying to switch I am finding a lot I love from NARS/Dior/Chanel!

IttyxBittyxMe

This is hard....I'm new to makeup so I've only been exposed to so much at the moment...

For lipstick, while I love MACs variety, I love the staying power of Urban Decay MUCH more. 

Eyeshadow wise I think it's Sugarpill or Too Faced. I've only started collecting SP in the past month and a half, but the colors are so vibrant and smooth it's hard not to love them. 

Tinted moisturizer is NARS but foundation is MUFE HD. Primer right now goes to Smashbox, and blush to NARS and MAC. 

veronika23

I have to say MAC... they hold a special place in my heart.  They always will.  I like trying out new stuff and really want to move towards more natural products but always end up buying something at MAC still.  I just can't help myself. lol

HG of lip balms has to be Intelligent Nutrients - Lip Delivery Nutrition. After years of searching for a lip balm that would actually help my dry lips I found that one.  Last time I wanted to purchase some it was harder to find because the site that used to carry it stopped... I'm so happy I found a store in my area that carried them.  Pricy but worth every penny!

HG lip scrub is Fresh.  HG mascara Diorshow Blackout.

I also have favorite brands and products so I guess I "stalk" them all. LOL

LuckyWinter

For me, I totally Love Chanel! ( I think its a bit obvious ). And well if Chanel products were available in Canada, I would have every things by them! I would love to try the beige powder, the lipsticks and the blush! and even more <3 But as a brand I can buy easy from, my HG brand would be Nars, there is something about Nars that I really like! I mean I like they're products but there is that things about Nars that I don't know that makes me like it even more!

veronika23

You don't have Chanel where you live?  They have counters at The Bay... None in your area? :smileysad:

SirenPrincess

Bobbi Brown for me, without a doubt.  I check their website daily.  I'm signed up for e-mail promotions from my local Bobbi artist AND several Bobbi artists in NYC because sometimes they get new stuff ahead of the other or have different promos.  And anytime anything new comes out, I just want it so badly!  I'm actually showing some restraint and not getting all the Christmas palettes right away.

spoiledbrat

Now i have to come clean with the truth: :smileywink:

makeup: Guerlain (duh) and Chanel/Dior/Tom Ford

skincare: Sheseido and Dr Brandt

orkira

[ Edited ]

Hourglass their Immaculate foundation, Mineral Veil primer, lip glosses, and eye shadows are holy grail status & Bite Beauty their lip sticks are the only ones that have never chapped or dried my lips out at all.  Murad for skincare as none of their items have yet to make me break out or have an allergic reaction.  :smileyhappy:

nakedlunch212

NARS and Marc Jacobs. Shiseido, Caudalie, and Malin + Goetz for skincare.

linda84

[ Edited ]

I have two. They are Dior and Korres. I am always happy with everything I buy from them. If I only had to choose one, it would be Korres. I am loyal to their skin care and body care. I need to dive into their makeup a bit more!

electrajayde

From Sephora, I'd go with Kat Von D and Illamasqua. They have yet to fail me.

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

Lately I'm stalking NARS after falling in love with their blushes (Gaiety is my everyday)... curious about their (newer?) skincare line.

I'm actually LOOKING for a new HG Brand.  Currently completing for second place, I'm starting to stalk three high end lines: Dior, YSL, and Givenchy (followed by Guerlain).  The old luxe grand-dames of beauty? lol  

I love YSL Babydoll mascara, nothing old fashioned about it!

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

I can't believe I left this out - but for FOUNDATION (as well as a few other products), BareMinerals has always been and still is my HG brand.

EVERYTHING else breaks me out, irritates, allergic, or feels like a mask to me.

I don't stalk or love their other products/lines (other than the Foundation).

Nicrohr

Oh and MAC... they were some of my first higher end purchases... I think they have good solid well performing/quality products!

calamityjane85

Guerlain :smileyhappy:

hydee77

[ Edited ]

Right now I am "stalking" the Marc Jacobs line. I have the nail polish in "fluorescent beige" and I love it. It applies great even though I needed three coats, so shiny, and experienced minor chipping after a week. Now I'm curious about his other products.

As far as favorite brands that I am always looking to try something from, I would say UD (especially the eyeshadow palletes) and PTR skincare.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 48 in conversation
    • lissay
    • mberteig
    • kirstensf
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • waterbaby1981