punctuationgeek

What does your significant other think of makeup?

I dated a guy who thought a makeup counter was a counter MADE out makeup. I just can't.

The same guy also said he liked that I had rosy cheeks and then asked if it was natural. Advice for dates: Never ask a girl if anything is natural, because it probably isn't, and it's really awkward to say, "Actually, no. It's just Orgasm."

Also, I went on a date wearing false lashes, and they were bothering me a bit. He then stopped mid-sentence to point out that I blink a lot. I just said, "Do I?" because I figured that was better than saying, "Well, the little hairs I glued onto my eyes are uncomfortable."

VTK084

Re: What does your significant other think of makeup?

(0) Hearts

My husband thinks I have too much but also thinks I look better with it so he doesn't complain too much about my spending.

SomthingWicked

(0) Hearts

Does anyone else have the issue that they want to wear sexy lipstick/gloss for their SO but worry about it coming off on them when you kiss? I've been extensively researching every stain lately just because of this!

punctuationgeek

(0) Hearts

I avoid wearing any lip products on dates because I get this disgusting white line/gunk on my lips. Nothing says "kiss me" like white scum on your lips!

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

My bf HATES lipstick because of this, he thinks I wear it purposely so that I don't have to kiss him or something. But I'm addicted, so boo for him.

SomthingWicked

(0) Hearts

OUCH! Those sound rough lol. Normally I date more... feminine guys (goth guys) and the majority of them wear eyeliner (like my boyfriend now) so some of my bfs were versed in make up and come to me for advice lol. My boyfriend now has been with me over a year and I know he loves the way I do my crazy make up but I think to him its more of an artsy dress up thing I do rather than thinking I need it. I feel extremely comfortable with him admitting that I do wear make up and talking about it (which is a big deal and a wonderful feeling) but I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to admit it's not natural haha! Though my make up is so dramatic usually that it's obvious I'm wearing it (after all, who has black lips?? lol!). Just gotta find the right guy that makes you feel beautiful with or without it :smileyvery-happy:

courtney67

(0) Hearts

Is he good looking? I dated a guy like that too!

DrProducts

My husband, on Christmas (when I got more makeupthat wouldn't fit in the beauty trunk "he" gave me) said: "I think you could really do yourself up every day for the rest of your life and still have some makeup left over." Thankfully, he knows that won't stop me from buying more, and is resigned to it!

LCResz

My hubby likes me looking "normal" which is really me with concealer and a nice lip, but he loves it when I glam up for a night out. He thinks I look exotic with eye liner, lol, like he's going out with a veritable Mata Hari!

He knows that my obsession with skincare/makeup/perfume is equivalent to his own hobbies (electronics, video games, music gear) so we follow a "don't ask/don't tell" policy, unless we get a really good deal :smileywink:

Londonlover101

that is so cute, thanks mychoi! :smileyhappy:

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

That I have too much of it lol. Even though I have a very small amount lol

Londonlover101

actually there was this guy I wanted to impress and I don't want to look like a drag queen or be fake I just want to wow him and hopefully he will see im pretty :smileyhappy: any makeup looks?

mychoi

ooh! crisp black liner with a slight wing and long thick lashes!

you can pair it with a subtle gloss and a cute blush like dollface!

bfuller

LOL!  Sorry punctuationgeek, but that poor guy... {shaking head in disbelief}

Thank God, my husband of nearly 25 years is my biggest enabler.  When we head to the mall, it's actually HIM who beelines to both our Sephora stores with me almost behind him!  He not only looks at things he knows I might be interested in, but he looks at things he's interested in too.  He has (FINALLY) gotten into a skincare routine of his own after nearly 20 years of my harping at him about the importance of men taking care of their skin.  The look of disappointment on his face when our stand-alone Sephora axed the Anthony Logistics line was priceless!  Now, he goes in and swatches products, asks for a sample of skincare he thinks may be his HG, and essentially acts like the rest of us BI/VIB/Rouge-aholics!  <3

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I cannot believe the did that to the AL line... super mad we could not get this instore anymore

mychoi

sounds sho fun... :smileysad:

algenib

[ Edited ]

When I first met my boyfriend I didn't wear anything other than lip gloss (I did however have a skincare ritual). Now he's amazed at all the brushes and powders and "tubes & bottles" I have collected in a year. While he has no idea what anything does and thinks I look pretty with or without makeup, he is very happy I have found something else I love.

He won't buy me makeup, not yet at least. He will go to Sephora with me and follow me around confused, asking a random question every once in a while. He also doesn't care about the costs of it.

Funny thing is that the more makeup I play with, the more surprised he gets and the you look really pretty comments have been very constant lately so I think he's actually starting to enjoy my new makeup obsession :smileyhappy: 

ireneh

(0) Hearts

My boyfriend doesn't take too much interest in my makeup, especially when I tell him how expensive some of my products are haha. But he doesn't mind my makeup addictions and comments on "how pretty I look" if I glam up before we go out :smileyhappy: ..... as long as I don't take too long to get ready hehehe

SJarrar

My boyfriend actually got me the Chocolate Bar Eye Palette by Too Faced for Christmas. I was literally so shocked because out of nowhere he knows like, every brand I consider my favorite. He takes me to Sephora whenever we're together (we're in a LDR) and he ALWAYS insists on buying something for me even when I'm just in the mood to browse and swatch. I just think it's so cute when he asks me certain things about makeup or he lets me rant about something makeup related. 

He doesn't really understand it, but he takes an interest in it because of me and I just find that cute. (But it's probably because I take an interest in his favorite sports teams :smileywink: )

But I just love how I can ask his opinion on certain eyeshadows or lipsticks and he actually cares. He knows makeup is what keeps me happy, so I guess you could say he supports my addiction. Hahaha.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

MARRY HIM! and post pics of the wedding. lol :smileywink: this guys a keeper for sure!!!

enbeige

(0) Hearts

Definitely a keeper!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 144 replies
  • 428 hearts
  • 70 in conversation
    • miluzoo
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • killahbabe