From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

What do you wish were a beauty trend right now?

The title pretty much says it all.  What is a beauty look that you like, that you wish were more trendy?  (I know something doesn't have to be a trend in order for you to wear it, but it's nice when something you like is trendy because then companies come out with a bunch of new products for you to choose from!)

A few trends I would like to see:

(1) Liquid blush.  I love the look of liquid blush, but there aren't that many options out there.

(2) Sheer lip colors.  Opaque matte lips seem to be popular right now, but I prefer the look of a tinted lip balm.

(3) More purple and blue-toned lip colors.  Mainly because those colors look good on me.

(4) Darker eye makeup.  I like the look of deepset eyes, so I'd like to see dark eye makeup become more of a trend during the daytime.  Perhaps not a full smoky eye, but at least some darker browns and grays than are typically seen in the daytime. - On second thought, smoky eyes at work would actually be a really cool trend.

(5) Tubing mascara.  I think it's great how easily tubing mascara washes off, and I like how when your eyes water, the tubes don't smudge the way normal mascara does.  But right now, tubing mascara lengthens, but doesn't do a great job of adding separation, thickness, volume, etc.  If it became a trend, I think we might see some better formulas emerge.

Re: What do you wish were a beauty trend right now?

I love these kinds of posts lol

So, I have two takes on this. One, I would like to see people stop thinking bold makeup is tabboo. "Oh I can't wear that much makeup!" Yes, you can, if you want to. So all the replies below, I'm loving all that! I often feel makeup trends limit us more than they set us free 😕 - it doesn't have to be this way!

Then there's my selfish motivations lol. I wish 90s eyebrows and hair were trending now. And this is because whenever I'm doing modeling, it takes so much time for me (/the stylist) to get my fine, straight hair to look uber-poofed. And no I will not invest in extensions, even if I felt like spending $300+, I hate the feel of them. And eyebrows..I basically have none. So it takes foreverrrr to try to build up something that isn't there all in an effort to look "modern".

I guess I'm reiterating what someone commented below about hating the concept of "trends". I really do think that if everyone did what they felt like doing, be it nude lipstick and full hair or bright jewel eyeshadow and no eyebrows whatsoever, the world would look a lot more interesting!

I really love to apply a bright blue eyeliner on my waterline - would love to see that more 🙂

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

Hi all!

I know black lipstick is already trending, but I'd love to see more people rock it! I don't think people realize how a bold black lipstick can transform any look. It can give anyone an extra glam or rock and roll vibe, and will give any look an added edgy/cool factor. 

Cheers!
Nikko

@IciclePop

I hate trends.  All trends.  Just by virtue of being a trend.

Entirely indulgent nonsense below.  Eye roll and scoffing is entirely expected 🙂  

Spoiler

Trend to me is sameness.  It kills individuality.  It is a sea of replication.  Everyone looks a poor version of whatever they aspire to look like...because trends don't care about YOU. And in time, the trend becomes an obscene bastardized version of the original idea.  Not a creative version...just a "too much" version.

I am often out of style and untrendy.  This might explain the scared children.

However, like a broken clock....my look is on trend once every 20 yrs.  A poor man's Haley's comet as it were.  The next time I am on trend will be in 2025.  I am excited!

On topic - @Harpier82 Your eye looks are gorgeous!  I wish they don't become a "trend", because you wear it so well.  A trend will take it and ruin it.  

Undereye (especially inner-corner) color eyeshadow.  It's less that companies might bring out more products than it is I just really like the look, but because it's more unusual, people tend to think it's just a "weird" makeup application.

DSC01900.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

Also, two-toned eye makeup.  There need to be more (and better) white liners.

DSC00910.jpg

So, after I posted this, I ran across the "Under Smoke Eye" Look How-To on the Sephora site, which I think is a quite new posting.  So, I may get my wish there!

Love the black and white! ❤️

Stay Fabulous,
Zanna

I like the black and white criss cross! Very imaginative and pretty!

You rock it! Especially the yellow.  

Thanks.  I love yellow eye makeup, and I've yet to find another yellow quite as intense with the same long-wear durability as this one:  "Sulfur" by MAKE.  Most yellows fade after a few hours.

that yellow is gorgeous @Harpier82!!  i like bright colors on the lower lash tine too 🙂 

Haha I actually am wearing bright green on my lower lash line today! I bought the UD Electric palette just for inner corner/under eye pops of color.

I love that!  The Electric Pigment Palette would definitely be a stellar option for pops of color around the eye.

I suppose, in general, I wish that there were more variety in the shapes of eye makeup.  A lot of wearers are delighted to go for different or bold colors, but there aren't all that many popular patterns of application.

I agree with sheer lips. I love the lip products in my collection that give a flush of color e.g. YSL sheer candy, and I definitely gravitate towards them more. I usually sheer out my full pigment lipsticks as well! It just fits my lifestyle (student) better. 

Me too!!  I bought YSL Sheer Candy last spring, and I have enough lip products that normally once I buy a full-size product, I don't have to worry about buying it again because I'll move onto something new before I'm even close to done with it.  So I was astonished a few weeks ago when I discovered that my Sheer Candy didn't swivel up anymore and I had to buy a replacement!

Wearing fluffy flannel pajamas to work, with slippers.

@Insomniacmuffin Ummmmm this needs to happen! I'd even be happy with at least once a week!

Cheers!
Nikko

This would be amazing. Did you used to have pajama day at school? That needs to be a thing. But at work. Everyday.

OK but more seriously..

I wish this were a mainstream trend.

Capture.JPG

Ya know on the runways and in fashion shows they always do crazy fun makeup. Why can't we just do it cause we want to?  Something different and fun.

Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 64 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos4
  • Capture.JPG
  • DSC01900.jpg
  • DSC02161.jpg
  • DSC00910.jpg
testing