starletta8

What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Wait, what?

What are your beauty unicorns, fellow BTers?  I'm talking about items that existed, but you cannot find even with the most dedicated searching.  They can be LE, discontinued, or just mysteriously absent from the world.

For me, my recent unicorns have all been Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows. There are three that are OOS from every retailer.

01 Pearl White

16 Pearl Blue

22 Pale Barley

Through spending the day on the phone, I've tracked down Pearl White and Pale Barley.  Pearl Blue, OTOH, seems to have just disappeared.  I know that allegedly it hasn't been discontinued, but it's just gone.

cp2129

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

(0) Hearts

KIKO Cosmetics! So cheap, but their long wear formulas are the best! I still haven't found a way to buy them online! Ebay barely has any of the products. I tried to order something online, but they only take cards that have billing addresses in the same country you're ordering from. So no, I can't even send the order to a international shipment fulfillment center. 

I don't have plans to go back to Europe in the next few years. Hopefully they're planning to expand out of Europe :smileysad:. I'm cry rn.

anaa

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

(0) Hearts

Perricone's glycolic cleansing bars.  I believe I was in the minority with these, but I absolutely loved the way my skin felt after using them.  I used to buy the 3 pack, but sadly the company has discontinued them and I can't find them anywhere.  I haven't been able to find a replacement glycolic cleanser either.  Makes me sad.

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

Chanel Unique Shadowlights in Daylight Crystal

dianabt

Ohh this is a sad post as I think of all my favorite now discontinued products :smileysad:

There was a lipgloss by a certain brand starting with the letter "M" that I purchased called "Sweet Inspiration" and a matching lipstick that was in a slim tube and SUPER creamy.. I'm lost without either of them as they were PERFECT.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
annypoo

(0) Hearts

Sephora x Disney story book collection (Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel). 

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Starletta, I think my counter has Pearl Blue, or did recently -- I had been looking for it (and found it through swapping) but the SA asked me the next time I saw her if I'd found it, because she had some. I don't know if they've since sold, but I can ask or give you her info. 

My own "unicorn" is NARS Nirvana (I've been looking for it forever), and I had been trying to hunt down Pout blushes (but found some recently!). There are always older Chanels that I'm looking for, too (Peach Spice is one). 

tracygirl64

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Josie Maran's original mascara, it was in a gold-toned tube. It worked so well, but now she has the GOGO mascara and I don't like it. :smileysad: 

onomotopoeia9

Full coverage foundation that actually looks natural and hides everything except for my freckles.

LindenAnn

A really good, full coverage concealer that is light enough for my paleness (most brands' lightest shade is too dark) and creamy enough for my dry skin (the light enough ones are too drying and it makes it look obvious), and that lasts for most of the day without my red spots reappearing. 

emmaclaire

Have you tried OCC's concealer?  I am also incredibly pale and their lightest yellow-based shade is a good match - and it's extremely long wearing and absolutely full coverage.  It's by far my favorite concealer and it's a super reasonable price!

LindenAnn

(0) Hearts

No I haven't! I'll have to see if any stores near me have it so I can try a sample , thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

sayrawr13

(0) Hearts

I think it's only sold online. :smileysad:

KatjaVL

I noticed that it said that on the website, but it's been in stock at my Sephora inside JCP store for a few months!

daeidre

Chanel Rouge Allure in Fatale, MAC lipstick in Show-All, and a super awesome pearl/metallic olive-khaki eyeshadow that ISN'T limited edition or part of a palette :smileysad: (Although on that last point I'm definitely considering bareMinerals The Rare Find palette because I'd use the beigey shades a ton... anyone got opinions on it?)

clemon

Burberry sheer summer glow, LE 2012 summer. I hesitated when I came across it (since canadian price is like $70-80ish plus 13% tax)...and it was never to be seen again 

serioustree

=(

I posted this on another thread too, but I know this product isn't coming back. 

image.jpg

MAC Bite of an Apple. 

AKRinNY

That's adorable!

veronika23

Oh man it's pretty!  Be nice if they re-promote it!

notcreative

I regret not seeing the Super Stars Kit Sephora released late last year until it was sold out.  Sure I can buy it on Ebay for way more and get no points for it.  I want to try/use 90% of the products in it, so that would have been the perfect buy for me.

I am with you on the Pale Barley.  No luck at all for me.  Glad you were able to snag one.

TaylorLauren

1. Ralph Lauren Hot perfume. Literally the most amazing scent in the world. I want to kick myself for not buying it when it was at Sephora!! 

2. Chanel Jade polish

3. LANCOME PROENZA PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay $100 for another tube. I can't even find any on Ebay. 

4. Chanel Organdy polish

5. Chanel Coco Pink lipstick

This post is depressing me!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 80 replies
  • 125 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • eadelaide1