starletta8

What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Wait, what?

What are your beauty unicorns, fellow BTers?  I'm talking about items that existed, but you cannot find even with the most dedicated searching.  They can be LE, discontinued, or just mysteriously absent from the world.

For me, my recent unicorns have all been Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows. There are three that are OOS from every retailer.

01 Pearl White

16 Pearl Blue

22 Pale Barley

Through spending the day on the phone, I've tracked down Pearl White and Pale Barley.  Pearl Blue, OTOH, seems to have just disappeared.  I know that allegedly it hasn't been discontinued, but it's just gone.

michelle283

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Illumina lipstick from MAC!

I had a tube of it in junior high school ( 15+ years ago....SHHH)!  and while I likely wouldn't wear it now ( blue lipstick with a frosted pink finish ), I NEED proof that this product existed.

starletta8

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Since I posted this, I managed to track down Pearl Blue.  I know why it was so hard to find- apparently there were 6 left in the US before I nabbed one.

*happy dance*

I should mention that there are other items I'd love to find, but won't pay silly markup on. I'm still praying Chanel re-releases Jade one of these days.

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

Oh, that's awesome starletta8! Glad you found one of the ones you wanted! :smileyhappy:

But, really 6 left? So now 5? Wowza. That's insane! Happy for you!

ChicDabbler

Only 6 left in the US? wow lucky~~~

Congrats and enjoy. =D

anb0906

Aqualillies...sigh 

matte highlighter-now that really is a unicorn!

knuevekm

My current unicorn is the OPI bond girls nail polish in Ms. Galore (not the exact name but thought I might get Bleeped haha :smileyhappy: ). It's the light pink one.

I always do the same thing, I see something I like then talk myself out of it saying "I might find something I like better" inevitably by the time I have decided there is nothing else I like better...it is gone. I got several tips from another BT thread as to where I could find some, but after calling 12 different places around town I am still no where closer to owning it. :smileysad:

LadyInWhite

It's not an exact dupe, but have you looked at Wish on a Starfish from the China Glaze Sea Goddess collection?  It has a touch of gold in it, which I think makes it look better, but maybe you won't.  People have also seen Bond girls OPI polishes at TJMaxx's.

There's something about getting ahold of OPI's liquid sands; one of my store friends says that it's because OPI sells them separately from their normal collections, so some stores don't realize they're missing it.   Another friend said that because OPI is a more conservative brand, people who buy OPI normally don't want a textured polish.  All I know is that it's a bugger.

knuevekm

I will check out wish on a starfish thanks for the suggestion! I heard tj Maxx had them...so I called every store around and none of them had it.

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

Good luck!

SydBristow

Oh, I think I just put that into a TSB with the whole 007 Bond girls set!  It's a mini though.  It was light pink.

ShinyMagpie

I can't say I have any legit unicorns right now. 

One used to be the Tarte Aqualillies Palette but I managed to magically score that from their website at 30% off!

An LE item I wish I'd bought more than one of would be the HG LE Ambient Light Palette. I'm really hoping they come out with an Ambient Blush Palette. That would be every flavor of awesomeness possible and I'd be all over it. 

sparklekai

(0) Hearts

i missed the hg palette!!! i still think about it!

ChicDabbler

My unicorns are cuz I discovered the brand too late. I really wanted Guerlain Wulong meteorites and Chantecaille sea turtle eyeshadow palette. =/

crayzeeRN

Those Chantecaille quads are some of the absolutely prettiest eyeshadows I have ever seen.

jenpred

[ Edited ]

1. Cinderella mirror

2. Cinderella mirror

3. Cinderella mirror

4. Cinderella mirror

5. Cinderella mirror

6. Guerlain LdP in 32 Ambre Clair

Oh, and

7. Cinderella mirror

:smileysad:

Geminichilde

*Weeps softly at the mention of Disney mirrors*

jenpred

Snip20140329_1.png

SydBristow

I had a few unicorns but the FABULOUS ladies I know from BT made all of my dreams come true!!  Hmmmm, I'm afraid I may miss someone here, but as far as discontuned/LE items go, wendyomgwar arranged for me to get UD Midnight Cowboy liner, comfyrock helped me get UD Lucky liner, and I was able to find an authentic discontinued eyeshadow at Amazon (I recommend getting cosmetics from reputable cosmetic companies such as Sephora, but this was an extenuating circumstance).  So I've actually been pretty lucky with mine!!  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 80 replies
  • 124 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • eadelaide1
    • lb1414
    • killahbabe
    • anaa