starletta8

What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

Wait, what?

What are your beauty unicorns, fellow BTers?  I'm talking about items that existed, but you cannot find even with the most dedicated searching.  They can be LE, discontinued, or just mysteriously absent from the world.

For me, my recent unicorns have all been Burberry Sheer Eyeshadows. There are three that are OOS from every retailer.

01 Pearl White

16 Pearl Blue

22 Pale Barley

Through spending the day on the phone, I've tracked down Pearl White and Pale Barley.  Pearl Blue, OTOH, seems to have just disappeared.  I know that allegedly it hasn't been discontinued, but it's just gone.

thesupergirl

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

The Muppets palette by thebalm I didn't know it existed till it was too late I haven't given up though!

melde

Re: What are your beauty unicorns? (aka mythical items you're looking for without luck)

(0) Hearts

UM I just googled this and it is adorable. I should just stop reading this thread now!!

eadelaide1

[ Edited ]

Ahhh Chanel Notorious and the Cinderella mirror compact!!! I thought I didn't need it when it was released, but now I know that Chanel regret is the worst!! :smileysad: Also the Mouche de Beaute highlighter inspired by Versailles and the Lumiere Sculptee highlighter too. I can't get enough of the Chanel LE powders, they're always sucking me in! :smileywink:

StyleLynn

The Disney Princess Storylook Jasmine palette, I have the Cinderella and Ariel palettes but it just feels incomplete without the other one. The part that kills me is I had it in my hand in store and put it back thinking it would still be there a few days later as the Cinderella one stayed around forever. *Sigh* It depresses me every time I think about it. I occasionally consider paying the ridiculous price people are asking for it on eBay but then common sense stops me.

LadyInWhite

The Nicole by OPI Rough-les collection.  I went to all 5 stores in my area that carry Nicole by OPI first part of March (when they were released) and none of them had even heard of them.  The really maddening part is that I'd only been really looking for one of the colors out of the four released, but now I need them all.  :smileytongue:

eadelaide1

I think I just saw a display of these at Meijer, if you have one where you live! If not, and you need help finding them pm me :smileyhappy:

eadelaide1

Yup, my local Meijer does have them as of last night(3/31). If you can't find them locally and need a CP, I can mail 'em to ya too :smileyhappy:

knuevekm

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the tip, I went to my Meijer and they had them. 

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I got the blue one in my March Ipsy bag.  It looks stunning in the bottle, but I have not tried it yet.

lb1414

My wonderful fiancé let me test one out on him when we got home today. I was very impressed (with the polish and the fiancé)!

lb1414

Update: I went to my nearest Kmart today (30 min away) and they had a beautiful, untouched display of these lovelies! I picked up all but the yellow because I wasn't sure I would wear yellow, but I think I may go back and get it. 

If you want me to pick some up for you and ship them to you I could (assuming they're still there if I go back)! PM me and let me know!

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

I'll go to my Kmart tomorrow and see if they're in stock.  Otherwise, I'll PM you.

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Ok, good luck! I almost missed them because they were on the top shelf and I'm vertically challenged. 

lb1414

I'm desperately in search of these as well. The teal color is on ebay. 

knuevekm

Okay, I was blissfully unaware of these. Now I need them too! I am a sucker for textured polish.

kalex

upload_7572432560499490083.jpg

*sigh*

roxystar4

kalex, I've been looking for this for you - still keeping my eyes open :smileyhappy:

poshified

This sold out as I was checking out on Bloomingdales. *shakes fist*

lmdb

Le Metier de Beaute's The Total Look kaleidoscope. Be still my heart <3

lb1414

The NARS One Night Stand palette. Theres a ton on ebay but I refuse to pay $100+ for it. I'll just wait till NARS comes out with another palette I guess. 

KeepWandering

(0) Hearts

I absolutely had to have that palette, I missed it too. I wound up paying $80 for it on ebay last week (after looking at listings for weeks). A mark-up, yes, but if you bide your time you can get an ok price.

I hope the next Nars palette suits your fancy if you decide to give up on this one though. :smileyhappy: 

dollface131313

if you have a nordstrom rack store near you check there i'm pretty sure i saw this palette there 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 80 replies
  • 125 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • eadelaide1
    • lb1414
    • killahbabe
    • anaa