Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you!!

FYI, I actually do not have very good skin at all... the "flawless, radiant complexion" you speak of is the magic of the Marc Jacobs foundation! About 5 dabs (not even drops, I dipped my finger in the sample container and poked it at my face 5 times) covered my entire face so well you can't even see the various acne scars and residual hyper-pigmentation that's going on underneath. I only used concealer on my undereyes. One bottle, SOLD!

I love your bangs! You kind of remind me of Kate Winslet's Titanic days. Pretty!

This exactly!

You're so right, SD! She is definitely rocking the Winslet look 🙂

Yes! You do look like Kate Winslet! So pretty.

You're adorable (love the bangs!) and you look lovely today. 🙂

You have such a cute heart shaped face.  You remind me very much of a young Helena Bonham Carter 😉

Just stopped in to say I think you are a beautiful woman 🙂

Wow! Aren't you the cutest!

Products:

Spoiler
1) Algenist Radiance & Tint Repairing Tinted Moisturizer in Fair
2) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Enigma
3) Laura Mercier Eye Artists Palette - Plum Smoke, Kir Royal, Violet Ink
4) Tarte Gifted Smart Clay Mascara
5) Bite Beauty - Lip Gloss Library - 15 Shades of Sephora - 2010

IMAG0693.jpg

Getting closer to that lighting!

You can see I've got an ingrown eyebrow hair, some small blemishes, and one of those deeper, almost-cystlike blemishes on my chin. You can also see that this moisturizer adds a bit of color to my face.

Anyways.. 2010. Applies like a violet, looks like a plum, pictures in a berry, and leaves a berry stain. I've decided to put it in my berry drawer.

Anonymous Insider

I truly cannot see an ingrown eyebrow hair, some small blemishes, or this cyst like blemish you mention on your chin! I see a radiant almost supernaturally airbrushed complexion, and a wonderful interplay of pink daywear smokey eyes with a gorgeous pink lip! Ethereally beautiful! 🙂

I have to completely agree with BG .. any blemish and ingrown hair that you mention cannot be seen. You look radiant and your skin flawless. Beautiful! 

me4.jpg

Happy (Rainy) Thursday!

I'm wearing almost all drug store makeup today. Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation in Buff Beige, Cover Girl Loose Powder in Translucent Light, Cover Girl Cheekers Bronzer, NYX Butter Lipstick and I do have UD Liner and Eyeshadow. This was my first time trying bronzer! I like it, but I need to watch a few videos to see wear it looks best on my face shape. I also am planning on entering the world of contouring soon.

You look adorable! 

Aw, thank you. I am totally regretting cutting my hair, though. I miss it.

Anonymous Insider

This is a brilliant example of a no makeup makeup look executed brilliantly! No guy would ever notice you have makeup on, and you look stunning, because the subtle way in which you've enhanced your features is just perfect! 🙂 N.B. I've been experimenting with bronzers for the first time this summer too, but my results are not as polished as yours yet! 

Please don't take this the wrong way but why does it matter if a guy notices the makeup or not? There was a good thread on makeup shaming and many BTers weighed in on the fact that we don't wear makeup for guys, we wear it for ourselves. And if they don't like it, it's their problem. I just don't believe any female should feel her goal is to get a mans approval when applying her makeup.

Well, I am married and my Husband knows exactly how much makeup I wear, so I definitely don't care what other guys think- but I appreciate her kind comment and don't think she meant any harm by it. I think what she meant when she said "guy" was that they are less informed in general about makeup (although some guys know more than I do, for sure) so they wouldn't know the difference- hence a good natural look, although a woman may realize it, since more women are into makeup than men. That being said, I do hate makeup shaming just as much as the rest and I feel like everyone should wear what makes them happy, not dress or wear what they think a significant other would want, necessarily- and most of us do exactly that.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to play around with contouring, but I need to get some quality products first. Do you have any suggestions for bronzers or highlighters?

I rarely go a day without bronzer even if I just put a small amount in the hollow of my cheeks. It looks great on you!

Thanks! I never thought that I would like bronzer, but I actually really like it! I think I'm going to invest in some more, better quality, because this is a bit shimmery and I want one without sparkle.

88,857 Replies
testing