5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

(0) Hearts

Gorgeous!!! LOVE the eyes!

Gorgeous use of indigo and violet shades to create a dramatic yet ethereally beautiful look! Loving the eyes and lips; Fast Ride is the perfect compliment to the glam-grunge purples on the eyes! You look stunning! Smiley Happy

So you are probably all set on the sheer lipstick front now, but I went ahead and swatched the ones that I have anyway. Just in case. 

image.jpg

L to R: Black Honey, Noir Revelateur, Hello Sailor, Medieval

almostyou ! i hope you see this...THANK YOU. i jumped the gun really quick on fast ride because, well, i had the opportunity. but these are gorgeous. my interest in sheer lipsticks is a very new thing--these swatches have really helped me still ! the givenchy and both lipstick queens will very likely all be mine by summertime. thank you !!

(0) Hearts

Purple is such a beautiful color on you.  I love it.

jemly love love love this darker look on you!  Beautiful!

Hey Jem! By any chance do you apply primers before you do this? I feel like it might look more purple if you apply some kind of base, maybe in the nyx milk or I do believe they have a lavender stick too. Just a thought! Looking great, as always. 

(0) Hearts

oh, well i don't use primer usually, but i wasn't wanting it to look as purple as it does in the photos. it's a grey eye shadow with a lavender undertone (if that makes sense), so when photographed i think the lavender is picked up more than when in person.

(0) Hearts

oh, ok  yeah it makes sense and usually cameras can pick up little colors that our eyes fail to see until they're recorded on the image. 

I'm kind of sad that it doesn't look that purple in person, because I am LOVING the way the color looks on you in these photos. 

Yes.  Just perfect.

[ Edited ]

Your grayish purple eyeshadow looks great with your skin tone, hair and lip color...I love it. 

I LOVE your eyes today jemly, gorgeous.

I've been away from the thread a couple days due to a cold, but today I decided to wear makeup again. I've been doing my makeup without my contacts so it gets a little tough because I'm essentially blind and like 2 inches from my mirror. Eyebrows are probably the hardest without my contacts lol.

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Full breakdown today:

Face:

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 3W1 Tawny

YSL Touche Éclat in 1.5 Radiant Silk

Smashbox Contour Kit

Guerlain Météorites in Clair 02 (sample, I'd like to try 03 some day)

Guerlain Météorites Perles De Blush 

Eyes:

Dior 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow in Montaigne

Pixi Lash Booster Mascara

NARS Via Veneto for tightlining

Lips:

MAC Prep + Prime Lip

MUFE Aqua Lip in shade 50 (from 50 Shades of Grey Lip set)

This is a fabulous low-key glamorous look! You've done the most perfect inimitable envy-inducing neutral eye, yet those super feathery lashes add so much drama, especially when combined with those fierce red siren-esque lips! Stunning! Smiley Happy

I've been wanting that MUFE set and want it even more now that I see how amazing the lip color is.  It looks great on you.

(0) Hearts

How do you like the Perles de Blush malday?  Do you find them glittery at all?

You look so soft and dewy today, and I love that lipstick on you.

(0) Hearts

I find them more shimmery than glittery, they're actually really nice. Thank you!

It sucks not having good vision. I wish I didn't have to wear contacts to be able to see what I'm doing, I have to have my eye practically 1 cm away from the mirror >_< I have the little mini dior palette with those shadows and I never tried it! I think I'm going to use it today.. if I can find it in mystash, haha. Very pretty look. Also. I know you have long lashes but do you curl them? and if so do you do it before or after mascara? 

I don't mind contacts too much except when they makes my eyes all dry or I run out of them like now! You should try the palette out, it's pretty nice, you just have to use smaller brushes since the shadows are so tiny. And yes, I always curl my lashes before mascara. I also use a waterproof formula to keep the curl because other ones weigh my lashes down. If not then they just stay long and sorta straight and poke my eyes/stick to each other haha.

lol@ that last line. 

I was watching a video with willam and they were talking about doing the curl after having applied m ascara which scared me because .. you know, breakage. I think the only tiny shadow applicators are those little wands t hat come in cheap compacts and stuff.. but that'll have to do, lol. I believe Dior was my first high end line that I fell in love just by looking. If this palette works for me, I'm thinking of buying one of the full sized ones for my birthday. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments