2. Benefit Coralista blush

3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

I'm alone at work, and having a simple face day. Wearing only a light dusting of BareMinerals Ready Pressed Translucent Touch Up Veil, a tiny bit of CoverFX BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment in 'N Light' as a very sheer concealer + salicylic treatment in a couple of places, Rosebud Perfume Company Menthol & Eucalyptus Balm on the lips (just got this stuff and love it!). I slept with wet hair last night, so today it is soft and bouncy with some of my natural waves but a bit messy. I don't care how it looks because it feels great!

Here I am in the hallway of the building I work in, because my lab has no windows!

Fotd_2015.01.11.JPG

(0) Hearts

Such a natural beauty! Gorgeous skin and loving your hair :smileyhappy:

This is a very model off duty look, made possible by the simple fact you are naturally exquisitely beautiful! You look stunning, and a tad coquettish, with that gorgeous pink glow to the lips! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Thank you, ballerina! You are so so sweet in every comment you write. :3

Natural beauty! I really love your hair. You know, you also remind me of Amanda Seyfried. 

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU!  It has been bugging me for days trying to figure out who Gwen looks like :smileywink:

Amanda S is it, but your eye expressions also remind me of a girl that was in a Pharrell video.

Regardless, you're one exquisite creature, Jen and I can see why YSL would want you :smileywink: 

Hah, that is not the first time I have heard that comparison. She is positively lovely though, so I take it as a compliment. Thank you! You are a stunning beauty though! I swoon with every photo you post!

Oh hush lol >< Now I feel shy. 

I tried achieving that hair color once but it never got to the point. Just like a real hazel brown.. I need to find a wig with that color! 

You are very beautiful.  I love your fresh, natural face.  I hope you take no offense to this, because I mean it as a compliment.  You do not look old enough to work, so stating you are at work makes me think you have incredibly beautiful skin and are aging EXTREMELY well.

I love your hair.  When I sleep with wet hair, it is a frizzy mess when I wake up.  Yours looks dreamy.

[ Edited ]

Maybe you could try the "secret" method that I use for my hair... I shower in the evening, and then once I have used my hands to push as much water out of my hair as I can, I stay up reading or watch a movie with my hair in my towel. I will sit with a towel on my head for 2+ hours after I shower because the very gradual drying within the towel helps keep my frizz down. I don't wrap the towel up over my head or twist my hair up in it though... My hair is really long (down to my bum!) so I drape the towel around my shoulders, get all my hair over top of it, and then flip the bottom corners up to get the towel over my head like a headscarf and my hair cradled in the folded part on my shoulders. This keeps it pretty loose so that my hair has the room to dry some. When I am ready to go to bed, my hair is still somewhat damp and I do one or two tousles in the towel to fluff it up a bit, run hands through with one pump of Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother, skip brushing, and go right to bed. And I only wash my hair about once every 5-7 days. It's not an exact science, but this is what I have found to work best for me.

Thank you!! I am definitely older than I look, and I see shocked faces a lot when people check my ID. I have my grandmother's good Chinese genes to thank for that. :smileyhappy:

I have the exact opposite issue with my hair! When I air dry or blow dry, it is a frizzy bird's nest. But when I sleep on it, it calms down into something that almost looks pretty. Some days I luck out and can get perfect mermaid waves this way, but other times I just get funny tangled kinks that I have to wet and brush out, haha.

(0) Hearts

I wish my hair accomplished something this lovely when I sleep on it wet. But since it's so short, it does some really funky (and NOT in a good way) things. It's getting better now that I've grown it out a little but still...

Girl, you look like a runway model! Seriously. I love your fresh-faced look.

In total agreement :smileyhappy:

100% agree with Fluffy on this one. You look like you just stepped off of a high fashion runway or fashion photo shoot. You have such a beautiful, striking, elegant face!

Thanks, Fluffy. I was actually "held" to walk for YSL during Paris Fashion Week last year, but they didn't select me in the end. I'm 5'3", so I would have looked absurd next to all the tall girls anyway. That would have been quite the experience, though, I'm sure; and what a thing to be able to say you had done!

And now that I've said that, I might as well add:

I have been a model for five years, but I generally keep quiet about it. I'm very shy and I never wanted any of the attention. I want to just be myself and be treated like a normal person with no extra attention, but people end up having crazy expectations of who you should be and how you should act as a model and they want to impress those expectations upon you for the rest of your "career." If you don't want to be that person they want you to be, they say that you are "ruining your career." I hate the industry for a multitude of reasons, I don't want to encourage the desire to become a model in any young girls today, and I am well into the process of quitting. I won't pretend that it's not a part of who I am now, but I don't want it to be all that I am; and at this point, honestly, I want to put most of it far behind me.

((((HUGS)))) I know it's a hellish industry - my mother used to run a top international modelling agency, so I was exposed to a lot of the bad side, when girls would come to me in tears just because I happened to be around. It's likely nobody emerges from the industry entirely unscathed, but it can offer a decent living once you separate your life from the modelling jobs, and just see them as jobs.

Oh man, sorry to hear that! I always look at models' lives on instagram, and they all look like they're having a fabulous time, but I guess it would be a terribly superficial environment :/ 

That being said, I've met a few models on my job who were really down to earth and treated me with the utmost respect, Coco Rocha being one of the nicest girls I've ever met :smileyhappy:

But congrats on almost walking for YSL! That's definitely something you're going to remember!

I'm sure some models really enjoy it and have a good time, but there is also a huge push these days to be very present on social media and to appear a certain way in your online presence. I always enjoyed working on sets and actually doing the model thing at jobs, but it was all the other parts that were awful -- verbal abuse and manipulation by the agents, total liability but having very little control of your own situations, being put into dangerous or compromising situations (alone in other countries, for example) without a safe contact, etc., etc. There was just so much lack of professionalism behind the scenes, that it really turned me off to the whole thing. And all of that certainly didn't help my anxiety.

But, truly, most people I have worked with on sets have been lovely people -- other models, hair and makeup artists, professional photographers (don't let me get into the creepy local weirdos I have known), film directors, art directors, stylists, film crews... Truly lovely people to work with. And most people who have worked with me have complimented me on my behavior and have wanted me back, which is also an honor. I just wish the rest of the experiences could be good as well.

Whaaa, that is so cool that you have worked with Coco Rocha! She is so lovely!

The lack of professionalism is what drives most out of the industry I suspect. The risks you are told you have to take are such that it can be incredibly scary - especially overseas, alone, and unable to speak the language! At least I feel there's a bit more professionalism in terms of the people behind the cameras these days. In the 1960's, 70's and 1980's there was no real regulation. My mother believes a lot of the girls she worked with were likely abused - indeed those who are still famous and still maintain a social media presence have hinted to as much in the public arena ... 

You are so beautiful!!! Simple, fresh faced and stunning! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments