2. Benefit Coralista blush

3. TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer

4. Dior Creme de Rose Lipbalm

5. Dior Addict Lipstick in 454

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP

and under all this I am wearing Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Sunblock SPF 50

So c'mon now...confess!

Re: What are you wearing today?

I'll take a large bowl of shimmering sand please!

It's really interesting to see you in a more subdued (relatively) eye look. As usual, you pull off anything. This is a really nice shadow combination you chose. Be real: did you choose Toasted Nut first and center the rest of the colors around it? Smiley Wink

lmfao! nooo I honestly forgot I was going to use that shadow first so I remembered after I applied the deep taupe and marsala, decided to mix marsala up with the nuts. .  . lol 

And thank you, I really enjoy looks like these but ugh. girl. I am trying my best not to add some eyeliner because I just love wings. 

(0) Hearts

Be strong! Give your outer corner (and inner corner, because you frequently do double wings) a rest! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

hi all. at home today, spending some quality time with my little dude (here he's sporting his new hoodie). this week has been "variations on a theme" makeup wise. i'm drawn to this color family in jan/feb. rosey.

NARS tinted moisturizer, finland

NARS radiant creamy concealer chantilly

NARS blush, sin

COVER GIRL eyebrow pencil, midnight black

NARS eye shadow, ashes to ashes

GIVENCHY noir couture 4-in-1 mascara (i've re-fallen in love with this recently)

CLINIQUE almost lipstick, black honey**

MAC lipglass, dark outsider

**i love the "black honey" effect so much, but it's too slippery. it comes off in 20 minutes probably. i'm considering getting NARS sheer lipstick in fast ride (which has gone OOS in the past hour, maybe it's a sign ! haha) or LIPSTICK QUEEN medieval. wondering if anyone has experience with either of these, i don't know if it's worth starting a thread to discuss...

blackhoney.jpg

andyhoodie.jpg

Gorgeous model-off-duty with cute dog in even cuter red coat 'look'! You look fabulous, but so does Warhol! The only lipstick Queen experience I have is a Christmas gift; it's a 'liquid lipstick', which is intriguing and the color stays on well, but I don't find it the easiest to apply. Others have warned me the regular Lipstick Queen sticks tend toward drying out your lips, but since I've never tried them, I cannot vouch for this. Loving your fingernails BTW, such a cute, sassy color! Smiley Happy

I love the term "model-off-duty"! Andy Warhol is just the cutest and Jemly...you're just so stunning!

You both look adorable.

Andy looks very fashionable! I love that he poses with you. Smiley Happy You look stunning and cozy!

Aw, what a cute hoodie!  Andy looks like Santa Smiley Very Happy

I like Black Honey on you, but I agree, it comes off too fast.  I find it's basically a lip gloss.  I keep meaning to try that Givenchy magic lipstick as well.  It makes me think of mood makeup!

I really like the LQ Medieval but I think it is a lot brighter than Black Honey.

Yay for cuddle time with the snuggle bug! Andy is looking very sporty in his new hoodie. 

I own and enjoy Medieval. It's a nice sheer red and the formula is quite moisturizing. I also own and enjoy Hello Sailor by Lipstick Queen which gives a really subtle berry tint to the lips. I ALSO own and enjoy Givenchy's Rouge Interdit Magic Lipstick in Noir Revelateur which again provides a sheer berry tint and had a nice feel on the lips. Clearly I have a thing for sheer lipsticks. I would be happy to swatch them for you when I have some time on Friday. I have black honey too so I can do comparison shots for you if you would like. 

http://m.sephora.com/product/P374930

OH almostyou, i had this givenchy in my basket for a while, but i forgot all about it !!! thank you for reminding me. we have rather similar skin tones so if i hear you love things i definitely want to consider them too. thank you for your input !!

(0) Hearts

Aww does your dog actually keep the hoodie on when you put it on?? 

haha not the hood itself usually, but he's learnt when it's "posing" time Smiley Wink

Black Honey slips off my lips, too. I don't have experience with the Nars or Lipstick Queen shades, but I did find two similar colors in my collection that last longer. Unfortunately, I'm at home and I keep my tube of Black Honey at the office, so I can't do a comparison swatch.

Lip Sun.jpg

Photo in direct sunlight. Top, Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Color in Healthy Lips; bottom, Clinique High Impact Lip Color in Cider Berry. Two coats of each. The Laura Mercier is more sheer than the Clinique; you could probably get away with one coat of the Clinique.

Lip Shade.jpg

Indirect sunlight.

fantastic TKLJ !!! thank you !! 

i'm making a list of things to try on my next sephora visit, and adding these to it !

You're welcome! I realized as soon as I posted this that I shouldn't have used two coats since you said you like more of the sheer effect … so just imagine these 50% less pigmented. The Laura Mercier one is pretty sheer and is probably the better dupe for Black Honey.

hehehehhee oh, andy. I still want to buy my little neko a little santa suit but i'm not sure they're available where I saw them last time.. That shadow looks perfect on you. 

[ Edited ]

Taking a break from the COTY palette and showing some love to my other palettes such as Marc Jacobs the Starlet.

BareMinerals bronzer + a Sephora Collection peach blush

BareMinerals Moxie gloss in Party Starter 

IMG_20150107_083451.jpgIMG_20150107_083431.jpg

Pre mascara 

IMG_20150107_080155.jpg

I always love your close-up eye shots, as your ability to apply and blend different shades of shadow is simply amazing to me! This eye 'look' makes me think of the watery light as dawn is breaking, with the pinks, silvers and mauves giving way to the sandy-taupe - it is a wonderfully whimsical and ethereal finish! Loving the feisty gloss, too! You look stunning! Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments