Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@bem564 When you use the Blinc just remember to work quickly to get the "volume" you want. You really can't add a second coat because it will glop up your lashes in a big way. I say "volume" because you won't get any really. Tubing mascaras, even the volumizing ones, won't give you much at all. Blinc will give you a nice natural look that's very appropriate for work. But the stuff lasts very well through wetness. I had a long teary argument with my husband in the car once (like from Maine to Mass) and my lashes looked perfect afterwards. TMI?

I've used both the Trish McEvoy tubing versions and prefer the non volumizing one. I thought they gave me the same volume but that the volumizing one made my lashes look stumpier.  Kevin Aucoin is much the same and is carried by Sephora. 

And dont forget to remove it with warm water and a tiny bit of pressure!  No makeup remover. It doesn't work on it. Let me know if you need any more of my opinions. 😁

One more thing! Nordstrom is having mascara madness on May 27. Could be a good time to order the Trish then?

Thank you @jozkid for all the information! I did not know that tubing mascara needed to be removed with warm water & not makeup remover.

Tears from Maine to Mass? And perfect lashes? Major selling point (and not TMI). 😉 I think Nordstrom's mascara event is the perfect time to try it out. 

Always a pleasure to see you on here. 

@bem564yeah, for some reason the tubing mascaras never give you directions on how to remove it. It's super simple and should actually be a big selling point. I splash warm water on my face and eyes to soften the mascara repeating it a few times. Then just gently rub a finger down over the lashes and the tubes roll right off. Don't freak if they look like spider legs or if it looks like your lashes fell out. They didn't. If anything using tubing mascaras has improved my lashes. They don't dry out and there's no breakage. When it's rubbed off just cleanse your face like normal. No special cleansers or removers needed

And as an FYI, the 3 hour argument was over whether we should get a cat or a dog. I kid you not

@jozkid Now I have to know. Cat or dog? Who "won"? 

@bem564 Well, neither. My hubs has been lobbying for a dog (we have 3 teenage boys and he thinks a dog would be good for them) and I would like another cat. We had two cats but both are now gone. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I had them growing up but because of that I also know how much work they are. And I know my kids. Which means yours truly will be taking care of the dog.  Cats are waaay easier and I'm not getting any younger. So stalemate. We're still petless. 

DThis is last night's look for my Son's birthday.

I didn't have enough time to spend on makeup so just a few basic things and a dark lipstick saved the day.

ABH dip brow Pamade

Tom Ford L&B Nicholas

Givenchy Ombre couture shadow Graphic bronze

A swirl of brush on Becca afterglow palette to pick a mix of blush and highlighter.

IMG_6657.JPG

@fatimamummy I don't frequently see you in dark lip colours but this one looks amazing on you!

Gorgeous @fatimamummy!  Also loving the lipstick

@fatimamummy dark lips suit you so well! this look is gorgeous on you- and happy birthday to your son!

I agree with everyone, that lip color is stunning!  You look beautiful and happy belated birthday to your little one!

WOAH. That lipstick on you!!!! GORGEOUS.

Oh wow, that lip color!

That is a GORGEOUS lip color on you!

Hey, beauties! A couple of recent monochromatic looks... In both I am probably wearing a sheer skin tint and possibly translucent powder, and--I think--Glossier Boy Brow? I stopped plucking my eyebrows at all slightly more than a year ago now, and I looooove their fuller growth and wildness. ♥ Even my fuzzy little suggestion of a unibrow is beginning to come back. 😉

BITE 'Almond' Multistick on eyes; NARS 'Unspeakable' on lips.

BITE_Almond.jpg

BITE 'Gelato' Multistick on eyes; NARS 'Bound' on lips; NARS 'Copacabana' Multiple on cheeks.

BITE_Gelato.jpg

Beautiful, Gwen!! I love monochromatic looks and especially love the bottom one!

@Gwenhwyfar ugh this is so pretty it hurts! you look so ethereal and i love the single shade on your eyes- your brows are gorgeous too!!

Oh Gwen, you gorgeous creature you!

You are so sweet, Michelle! ;3

@Gwenhwyfar

You look gorgeous!

Thanks, GC! ❤️

1 Reply
testing