Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I think I might need to shop there now! 😄 I always saw it as an "older lady" store...but I think they revamped the brand to appeal to young professionals now too.

I'm glad you had a good trip even though it's not the best weather. This has been the most bizarre Stampede week since it rained every day. The weather turned around on the Monday following Stampede week, and it's been decently nice here since!

@k617 we left the Wednesday after the Stampede, so we had a couple nice days in Banff 🙂 but yes! We have such bad luck with the Stampede. This was my third time. The first time was the one year when they actually cancelled the evening show. The second time was the year of the flooding. This year it was constant downpours and thunderstorms haha. 

Just wait for the sales at Reitmans! The sale on sale is a good time to buy + ebates 🙂 And they have a 20% off code you can use each month - starts with REITMANS and then the month number followed by year. So right now for July it's REITMANS716. I like the 2 in one tanks, too (good for wearing around or for PJs)

@lachaton Oh no!! Are you bad news for Calgary? Will you let me know the next time you plan to visit so that I can prepare accordingly? 😉

Thanks for the Reitmans tip! I think I'll go sign up for their newsletter with my junk mail email address and check for promos 😄

Love your eyes, cute light pink lips.

IMG_9916.JPG

I really need to clean the camera on the front of my phone more often, or get better at taking pics with the regular camera. The colors lose their saturation whenever I use the front camera!

Products:

Spoiler
Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - 3.5 & 4 (2/3 & 1/3 mix)
Nars Creamy Radiant concealer - Custard
Laura Mercier loose powder
ABH Powder Duo - Ebony
Smashbox Art Love Color palette (grey, black, magenta and gold shadows plus Bitten blush and highlighter)
Smashbox Master Class 3 palette - Contour powder
Rimmel Exaggerate liquid liner
Le Volume de Chanel Mascara
Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder - Diffused Light
UD Vice - Amulet

Besides your makeup being flawless as always, I really like that top!

I love Amulet, it's such a gorgeous and unique shade (and you look so good with it on!). I've only tried it once so far, how are you liking the formula?

Thanks @MK89! Funny you ask, I was actually going to include in my post that this particular Vice lipstick tugged on my lips a bit more than the others I have applied from the bullet. It just wasn't as smooth as Hitch Hike (my fav texture-wise out of all the ones I've tried) BUT in no way was the application patchy or uneven.

It transfers like crazy but still has good staying power. Overall still very comfortable and long lasting, but does feel a *tiny bit* sticky after awhile.

You're skin looks great! Such a nice subtle glow. 

THanks @AllysonJo! It must be Ambient lighting powder 🙂 Or maybe I've finally stepped up my skincare game!

Loving your hair style and your lip color.

Playing with Moondust! Initial impressions: I love this palette, a lot. The green and blue shades are my least favorite colors, and probably on the bottom formula-wise as well, but they are still good. Definitely loving Element, which is the star of the show here. It's a red base with a pink-red/orange duochrome thing, and probably the most metallic (aka smoothest glitter, vs discrete sparkles) of all the shades.

FullSizeRender (33).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

Products:

Spoiler
Laura Mercier radiance primer
Nars TM, Finland
Stile Stay All Day concealer, Light on face, Bare on undereye
Becca Undereye Brightener
Besame Violet Brightening Powder
Burberry Earthy blush
Nars Orgasm
UD Aura highlighter
Too Faced Champagne Shadow Insurance
UD Moonduct, Element and Specter (inner corner/highlight)
ABH Modern Renaissance, Red Ochre (crease)
UD Whiskey liner
Smashbox Matte Tech Brow Pencil, Taupe
Stila Huge Lash mascara
Marc Jacobs So Rouge lipstick

Wow your eyes look amazing and that lip colour is perfect on you!! That shadow is oh-so pretty!!!

You've got me looking into this palette, for sure! Lovely look as always. 

This is so gorgeous! When I swatched the Moondust palette in store, it was just so powdery and glittery without any pigment 😞 Maybe I should have swatched Element because I only swatched the blue and green shades!

You picked the two (bad) stand-outs to swatch! They're pretty dusty and sheer in mine as well - though not unusable, and I haven't tried them with primer yet. The other shades are all much better and more "cohesive," by which I mean a pigmented base with glitter throughout, rather than chalky sheer base with random sparkles. Specter is a bit sheer too, but it seems it be by design and because the color is light, rather than a formula fail.

I'll post swatches of the whole thing at some point. A lot of them have duochrome-ish effects that are difficult to catch on camera, but it should show the quality difference between the shades anyway.

Good to know! I wonder if these shadows would be better off with a glitter glue??

I can't stand dusty/chunky eyeshadows, they fall into my contacts 😞 As much as I want this palette, I think I'll need to pass--the $70 CAD price tag certainly helps!

YES! I was so excited for you to do a look with this palette! Knockout! Love the shade Element

Your eyes are stunning! Love the bold lip colors on you. Have to try that shade.

1.  hourglass vanish seamless foundation stick - shell

2.  bobbi brown intensive skin serum corrector - light bisque 2

3.  too faced born this way naturally radiant concealer - fair

4.  tarte smooth operator amazonian clay setting powder - translucent

5.  too faced love flush blush - baby love

6.  smashbox bronze lights - warm matte

7.  tarte tartiest lash paint mascara - black

8.  sephora collection luxe false lash - fusion

9.  kat von d everlasting liquid lipstick - bow n arrow

10.  benefit gimme brow volumizing gel - light

11.  anastasia beverly hills modern renaissance palette - warm taupe, primavera, raw sienna, golden ochre

12.  bobbi brown long wear gel eyeliner - jet black

IMG_0925(1).JPG

Gorgeous eyes!!! Such a pretty colour! I also really like that lip shade on you 😃

1 Reply
testing