Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

It's rare I'm in a store but the selection was practically trashed and or empty. 

@Anonymous hi ! i've heard people claim this about the NYX pencil, but i've never experienced it (i've gone through one full pencil and am on my second). in my experience the NYX section is always the most 'abused' in the drug store & ulta, so i really think it was the tester !! i think it's a lot like brow wiz, though i'm no dupe expert.  

i think jane would reaaaaallllly suit you !

Anonymous Insider

I have one in my Ulta cart. Figure of its a bust not a big deal. Have you tried the brow gel?

Jane will be mine!!! 

@Anonymous the nyx brow pencil is great, I've had no trouble with it so far. I haven't personally tried the NYX brow gel (I think @guzelkiz might have?) but I've heard good things and that it's comparable to the ABH one!

agree on Jane suiting you as well! You must get her now 😉

@MK89 @Anonymous I do have the NYX brow gel and LOVE it!  I ditched the ABH one for it.  It works just as well for a fraction of the price.  I say go for it!

So I realize my eyes look almost the same as yesterday...but this was created with the ABH Modern Renaissance palette instead. And thankfully the shadows blend beautifully! Let's just say I struggled with the Colourpop shadows yesterday for much longer and I feel like I look less like I'm sporting an eye infection today.

I was surprised at how pigmented Love Letter was and how well it blended considering reds and purples are usually the most disappointing shadows in a palette. Many others just "poof" away when you try to blend! That has got to be my favourite shadow of the entire palette.

Also trying out a new brown GOSH liquid eyeliner which looks black on my lids, more natural brows inspired by Wayne Goss's videos (although they honestly look the same in photos), and wearing NYX Lip Lingerie in Exotic on the lips. It's a nice colour, albeit a touch too dark for my liking with this look, but is soooooo dry and slightly patchy. Doesn't layer well when I try to cover the "bald spots". My least fav formula-wise of the Lip Lingeries I got!

Contoured and highlighted with the new Sephora #79 brush...need to get used to it. I'm used to my brush picking up much more product.

IMG_9645.JPG

Anonymous Insider

Do I need this palette? I love the colors but it seems to get rave reviews or awful ones. Your eye look is absolutely beautiful! Off to watch Wayne for some natural brows...;)

@Anonymous I didn't think I needed this palette until I saw it in person and then kept seeing everyone post about it here! I swatched the entire palette on my arm yesterday, and really like most of the colours. 

There was indeed quite a bit of powder kick up when picking up with my brush BUT I had no problems packing it into my eyelid and the shades I used today (Love Letter, Primavera, Tempera, and the dark brown in the far right top row...don't remember the name!) had minimal fall out.

Personally, I know how hard it is to find a good red eyeshadow (the search has been less intensive than my search for the perfect purple shadow but still hard!) and I was impressed with the pigmentation.

The negative reviews I've read, although I haven't looked at many, were mainly due to the range of colours and how it's too warmed toned, as well as the powder kick up!

@k617, have you looked at Viseart Dark Mattes palette? Very good purples there — good pigmentation, no fallout.

http://www.sephora.com/viseart-eyeshadow-palette-P391306?skuId=1716547&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap3913...

Thanks @jozkid, I've found my perfect purple already (the Hourglass)!

I wanted a very specific purple, it had to have just the right balance of red and blue (more red than blue). Once I found a purple with a good texture, I found that a lot of purples I swatched were too cool/blue and leaned towards violet rather than a plum purple.

Oh well, keep it in mind for next time. It has some very nice colors (don't let the pan scare you). I'm a big fan of Viseart matte colors — some of the best around!

That palette IS slightly scary. Oranges!

I will definitely keep that in mind. I was eyeing these palettes when they were $80 but now that they cost $100 in Canada, I'm not so sure!

Anonymous Insider

Hands down agree! Viseart are my favorite mattes. 

Anonymous Insider

I think it's a beautiful range of warm tones. I can deal with powder pick up if the pigmentation is there and they blend well. 

What did you find for purples? I reach for my Laura Mercier artist palette and a few from the holiday Marc Jacobs palette. 

I have the same LM palette, as well as the Hourglass eyeshadow palette in Exposed 🙂 The matte purple in the Hourlgass palette is the perfect purple, but a tiny bit powdery.

Another purple shadow I love is Rituel de Fille eye soot in Nightshade... that one I don't reach for as often because it comes in a little pot and is better applied with finger tips.

Anonymous Insider

The Hourglass palettes are beautiful. I'll have to look into nightshade. I have the worst skills with finger application. 

IMG_20160704_194807.jpg

Played around with some of my lesser-used products today.

Spoiler
theBalm primer
MAC strobe cream
NARS tinted moisturizer
BareMinerals illuminating mineral veil
NYX HD concealer 
UD Gwen Palette - Lo-Fi bronzer 
Stila custom color blush - self-adjusting pink
bh Carli Bybel palette - pink highlight shade

Hourglass arch brow pencil
Naked 3 palette
Stila stay all day liner - grey
NYX wonder pencil

Milani color statement lip liner - fuchsia
Marc Jacobs lipstick - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (from the birthday set) 

Thanks everyone! I don't normally dress up like a doll, but this dress hasn't been worn in years and I figured I'd run with the "use the less-used" trend. 

haha I like that trend on you..I should try it out sometime!

So classic! You look as though you've been plucked out of a French film.

Anonymous Insider

Cute! Love the collar on your top. 

1 Reply
testing