Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Mint looks so fresh on you!!!

What is the face gloss? Is it what you applied on your cheekbone/brow bone? 0.0 Interested...

Thanks!

The MAKE Face Gloss is pretty much exactly what it sounds like, a clear gel that you can dab along your face to give a more-than-dewy, glossy finish.  It doesn't add to grime on the skin or clog pores, but (like a powder highlight) it does sit on the face throughout the day, and it stays moist and—perhaps—a little tacky to the touch, even though I can't really feel it without putting my hands to my face.  It gives a very clean, glossy sheen without looking slick or oily.  [I included pictures of the packaging and swatches—along with the MAKE Matte/Dew compact—in the swatch thread a few weeks ago, if you want to check it out.  I've included one picture below.  The Face Gloss is closest to the wrist.]

Dewy:Matte Swatches Indoor Light.jpg

Today, I applied it along my cheekbone nearly to the hairline and a small dab to the cupid's bow.  More often, I use it for a glossy, clean-skin look, in which I forego foundation and other face makeup but still wear eye and lip color.

that eyeshadow is so beautiful!

Thanks, especially coming from the Queen of Color.  

That seafoam blue-green is one of the few blues I really feel comfortable in.  I'm working on it.  Baby steps.

I don't think you've posted anything close to the same look twice, and you look incredible every time.

Thanks!

I like to try new things, and it helps keep it fresh to see what everyone else is doing.

I went all out with the color correcting and concealing today to ultimately decide I just don't feel like it's worth it — especially for my under-eyes. SO MUCH PRODUCT. It makes my skin feel sad without making a tremendous visible difference. Flaws, I embrace you.

IMG_4499.JPG

Spoiler
BASE PRODUCTS
LORAC Porefection primer
YSL green color correcting pen
NYX peach under-eye corrector
NARS RCC in Vanilla
Estee Lauder highlighting pen

FACE
Lancome Teint Idole foundation
Tarte Smooth Operator
Burberry Earthy Glow blush as contour
NARS Goulue blush (can't decide if I'm feeling this or if it's a little too pigmented for me)

EYES
Usual brows
UD Naked 3 palette
Bobbi Brown gel liner in Black Plum Ink
Diorshow Maximizer
Maybelline Full N Soft mascara

LIPS
Jeffree Star Masochist

part of me is attracted to that unnecessary items but then my wallet keeps me in check! also, you look very beautiful! 

Lovely and fresh for spring! Masochist is gorgeous and it pairs well with Goulue. I was scared by it too, but a light hand does make a difference. I also feel it's more appropriate blush for fall/winter, but a beautiful colour nonetheless 😉

I love the idea of the colour correcting trend because it caters to the ART of makeup. IMO only pro MUAs should be playing around with colour, or it should be used in moderation

That's exactly how I feel, especially for color-correcting under the eye.  It packs so much cream or powder precisely in the place where it feels heaviest and is most prone it creasing.

This is, as usual, gorgeous.  Incandescent fair.

I think it looks great, but ultimately good skincare is the best color correcting you can ask for.   Your skin looks like porcelain.  I think your skin already does from day to day anyway.  I find on heavy makeup wearing days that a setting spray helps to make the makeup feel less....there.

Ha, I tried the play the lipstick recognition game and thought you were wearing either MAC Dam n Glamourous or Red Balloon.  Lost this round.  

i feel the same way about color correcting hoopla, but regardless, i think you look beautiful 🙂

(we also said the same thing about goulue today !)

Your post reminded me that I had Goulue and hadn't used it yet! I think it would be amazing on someone with a darker skin tone. I used a VERY light hand and still feel a little intimidated by it.

Day #2 of my personal #mixitupmaypalette challenge brought a more neutral look.

Palette of choice: Chanel Tisse Rivoli

Face: MAC Prep & Prime, NYX Color Correcting Concealer Palette, Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, Tom Ford Love Lust Blush, Guerlain Pressed Meteorites- Medium

Eyes: Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Concealer, Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Smashbox 24 Hr Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot, ABH Dipbrow, Burberry Trench Eyeshadow, Chanel Tisse Rivoli, Tom Ford Metallic Mink Eyeliner, Tarte Gifted Eyeliner

Lips: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner, MAC lip liner-Subculture, Tom Ford lip shine-Lust

Nails: Essie Lounge Lover

Lol so totally not makeup related at all but my boyfriend gifted me these gorgeous sunnies. I couldn't help but snap a photo before heading back to work. *cool kids wearing shades inside*

Visible makeup notables:

Lips: UD "1993" matte revolution lipstick. Not sure why it looks so red here, it's pretty dark! 

Blush: Tarte "Blushing Bride" 

Highlighter/Contour: Charlotte Tillbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow

Bronzer: UD "Sun Kissed" 

Absolutely gorgeous. That highlight is especially amazing.

oh hello highlighter!~ and awesome glasses!  i love everything!

Classic Ray-Ban cool!  You look like it should feel like summer outside.

*Looks out the window*  It doesn't.

Aw that's so sweet!  What a great pick-me-up gift!    He has great taste in accessories!  

That highlight, though.

That's such an awesome gift! And 1993 is stunning on you 😉

testing