Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Lovely! Definitely a dress rehearsal for tomorrow, when you will look even lovelier. Sending positive job vibes your way!

Thanks DiVWA!

If you look anything close to this tomorrow, you'll knock 'em dead! Rooting for you!

Thanks Beth! I was thinking about what you were saying about freelancing and your recent job interview. I hope they like me, but I also hope they don't undercut me. 

You are hired! You look beautiful 🙂 Best of lucks!

so beautiful ! i love the sin+anna combo on you. good luck tomorrow ! 

You have such bright, happy eyes ❤️ Fingers crossed for you! 

Fingers and toes crossed Joz!  You look fantastic!

Thanks you guys! I'm a little disappointed. I was mentally prepared for this today. Hopefully it will continue into tomorrow. I would like to get this — I could do this job standing on my head — although that wasn't in the job description! 🙂

Good luck!!

IMG_8976.jpg

Dangggg, Bite, you're going to draw me back to the brand with these Amuse Bouches. This is the points perk one.

Trying out the Glossier concealer with the It Cosmetics corrector. Ehhh. I'll keep playing.

FACE

Glossier skin tint

It Cosmetics corrector in Medium

Glossier concealer in Medium

Tarte blush in Fearless

Hourglass ALP

EYES

MAC Pastel Times Nine eyeshadow palette (the three pink-purple shades)

Glossier Boy Brow in Blond

LIPS

Bite lipstick in Radish

The glossier concealer seems to work best for my skin when it's just on plain skin. I like wearing it on gym days. And probably a lot this summer. The color wasn't as bad for me as I feared. 

You look beautiful though! I love all the soft pastels and the BOLD lipstick.

I'm gonna keep playing with it. I think it's going to work best for me when my dark circles are a bit more under control.

You look amazing in purpley pinks. No exception here!

Thanks, TTBC!

Anonymous Insider

This color looks so great on you!

Thanks, PM!

I love how your cupid's bow forms such a gorgeous V-shape! And the colour looks great on you!

Thank you, Guessgal. 🙂

Wow, you look amazing in Radish! Your application skills are on point too. When I applied it it went everywhere 😛

Those tiny tubes can be tricky! Here is the patented TKLJ Lipstick Application Technique: 

1. Apply a thin layer of lip balm. I use the Sephora one or an ancient cherry Chapstick that's been in my purse forever. Make sure you apply just enough to moisturize your lips, but not so much that they look glossy. If you apply too much, kiss the back of your hand. Now your hand is moisturized and you didn't waste a tissue.

2. Apply from the tube because no one's got time for a lip brush. I personally also don't have time for a lip liner—if the lipstick doesn't stay on without one, it's not worth owning. On the rare occasions I wear liner, I choose from the three colors I have (red, berry, mauve-nude), because they match pretty much anything.

3. I start at the center of my cupid's bow and apply one side of my upper lip, then my other side. Apply in thin layers, and if you apply especially heavily, press your lips together so some of the color transfers onto your bottom lip.

4. The upper lip is the hardest. After that's done, apply to the bottom lip, then get the corners of your mouth if those didn't already get covered. Most of my lipsticks take two to four thin layers, but there are a few that need a bit more.

5. Stretch your lips into a crazy rictus smile (especially if you're wearing a dark or dry lipstick) to make sure you filled in all the cracks and weird lip lines.

6. Use a Q-tip to clean up the edges and any slip-ups. If you've applied in thin, careful layers, there shouldn't be much to fix. For that extra TKLJ touch, lick the Q-tip, because I'm a gross monster. If you're in a public bathroom, use a dry Q-tip (or wait until everyone's left, then lick it!). After you've cleaned the edges, insert the Q-tip stick halfway into your mouth, like you're sucking a lollipop. Pull the stick out—excess lipstick on your inner lip will now be on the stick instead of migrating onto your teeth. If you don't want to waste a Q-tip for this, you can also use your finger, just make sure to wash off all the lipstick gunk. Shout-out to the girl in high school who taught me this trick. 😉

7. If the lipstick is particularly badly behaved, blot gently with a tissue. I rarely do this because I wear mattes, but I applied a bit too much of Radish today and blotted off the excess.

testing