Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

That eyeshadow looks gorgeous on you. So pretty, and I love how it plays with your coloring!

Thanks, Adriadne!

Anonymous Insider

oh my god, your eyes are so pretty, such a gorgeous shade. You look supernatural (in a flattering way!).

Aw, thanks Honeydew!

Products:

Spoiler
- Smashbox More Than Primer Blemish Control Primer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair Beige
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Setting Powder
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Palette - Blonde, Skimp, Punk, Baby, Stark, Zone
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeliner in Bronze
- Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara
- Buxom Full-On Lip Creme in Dolly
- Marc Jacobs Daisy

IMAG1312.jpg

Three days of uninterrupted Fallout.. I was not ready to return to work today.

Dolly. It's described as a mauve, but throughout the day, it started to turn berry-colored on my dark lips. Very cool.

I've been through two complete tubes of dolly and am into a third and have never noticed any colour change.  I wonder if it's reacting to your ph balance or something.  Interesting,  

soooo, since I am on a no buy i must live vicariously through the people getting things I would normally be all over.  How are you likIng the GS palette?  What you're wearing on your lids looks very natural 

That's probably exactly what's causing it. I have an unusually high (low.. whatever, science) pH in my saliva due to.. some reason that wasn't really explained well enough for me to spout off about; but I know that the ketogenic diet I was prescribed exacerbates it due to acetone conversion.

Sometimes when I talk about it I feel like I belong on the Nostromo.

But the GS is basically a neutral palette. You take out that one pop of blue, and even the pinks and golds aren't over-powering. In fact, Harajuku is surprising pigmentation in that it's a significantly softer color on your lid than in the pan. This isn't exactly a bad thing. To me, it feels like it's a little bit of all three main Naked palettes. There are some cool-tones, warm tones, and some rosy colors. And they're very blendable. The color i used in the outer corner and pulled up through the crease in this look (which is the same I used today, when I get a chance to actually make that post) is Punk, which is a very dark brown, but because they are so blendable, it was very easy to thin and downblend to a softer color. All the colors travel well, and the mattes seem more.. buttery than their previous matte releases. Which, for me, is a good thing. UD mattes have always been hit or miss for me, but more often the latter. The only real miss I have in this palette (so far) is Pop. It's one of the chunkier glitter shades, complete with glitter fallout that doesn't brush away... halfway through the day, I felt like my cheeks were sequined. 

Yeah if you're on a special diet then that explains it.  I remember going on a wheat grass regimen while  trying my hand at a strict paleo diet and messing my ph balance.   I was too alkaline which is just as bad as being too acidic.  

My natural carnivore diet seems to work for me  these days.  

I like having palettes with non pigmented colours.  Strong pigment is nice but it's nice sometimes to know you can safely swipe something on and go.  

Ketogenic is basically paleo without the fruit and sugars, and fatty meats instead of lean meats. It's like induction-phase atkins meets paleo/caveman. Insulin response, for me, causes debilitating cluster-migraines, so I have to avoid anything that would trigger that (including too much protein). I reaped a ton of benefits out the door - better energy, no "itis" crashes after eating, dramatic fat loss and muscle gain. But I would not recommend it for everyone. It's definitely something you want your doctor involved in. Certain body chemistry types can excel (like mine), but I do not think most are suited to it; especially people with routine high lipid levels. I'm not a doctor or dietitian, though. It can also be very expensive to maintain - I might actually have to jump off it for a while to get caught up after Christmas shenanigans. 

My acidity levels aren't considered "too acidic", as my body chemistry is adapted to it quite well. I do have to avoid anything with SLS, which, of course, means special toothpastes, mouth rinses - all that funneutralizing stuff.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for the muted, toned-down colors. I like that I can get ready for work at 5 am and not worry too much about blending if I'm tired. All in all, I'd say everything - even the blue - are what I would consider "safe" colors. The blue would make a good pop of color or work well as a liner for those softer days, or you could work it in as a lid color if you want to be a little more bold. But it's not like the Electric palette or anything Sugarpill makes. I've played with it a bit on my fingers, and I'm planning on working it in tomorrow to test my first impressions on it.

I think the bottom line is that if you don't have a ton of neutrals, or the Naked palettes, this is something I'd probably point someone to. But anyone who has some of those staple neutral palettes would not find this a necessity at all. It is great for travel, though, with a wide variety of looks. The case seals completely, so no worries about it opening up in your bag like the first naked palette. It does have a self-propping mirror, and it's super compact. 

this makeup has been on since 8 a.m. so it's not so fresh but i liked it.

GIORGIO ARMANI luminous silk foundation

NARS radiant creamy concealer

NARS contour blush, olympia

NARS blush, sin

COVERGIRL brow pencil + CLINIQUE just browsing mousse

MAYBELLINE color tattoo, creamy beige

HOURGLASS 1.5 mm mechanical gel eyeliner

GUERLAIN maxi lash so volume mascara

a lip trifecta of:

MAC lipliner, beet

NYX soft matte lip cream, monte carlo

GIVENCHY le rouge, 315 framboise velours

tongue.jpg

blerg.jpg

Lip color = amazingness. 

Andy's such a ham.

(And you're real purdy.)

He really is 

Jemly, you are just so lovely!   Is it bad I want you to hop around so I can watch your hair bounce?  

Hearts darling I'm just pleased you're talking about my hair 😉

You're the prettiest. Your lip color looks like a darker version of Andy's tongue ❤️

Gorgeous, jemly!!

Spoiler
Look what my hubby got me now, lol.  I think I'm going to cuddle him for a week and then donate him to some charity.  image.jpg

image.jpg

Kept things very light today most cause when wearing big fluffy pompoms... Wait there are no rules for that!  image.jpg

Seriously, you look good in everything! If I wore that hat I would look ridiculous. But you look chic. Im jelly. 

I burst out laughing at your husband's present. He seems like a very generous man (who's been saving all his arcade tickets since 1991 to get you the raddest bear eva!).

What's in the adorable pastel cases in the last picture? Fancy Japanese blush and setting powder?

He is!  And we're both overgrown children so the bear is right at home with us.   I named him Tiny.   

He came from Home Depot of all places.  He left for finishing nails yesterday and came back with Tiny,  

The lilac tin is etude house blush in lavender and the blue and pink one is a japanese drugstore brand finishing powder called Yuagari Suppin Powder.  It smells like roses which I love.  I think it was around ¥1400

7 Replies
testing