Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thank you 😄

SDM had their redeem their points event today, so I bought 3 Stila liquid lipsticks; Bellissima, Patina and Tesoro. I really don't like the Bellissima one on me sadly. LOVE Tesoro. After seeing Jemly with Amore a few times, I think I'm leaning towards getting that one instead. 

Bellissima:

mestilabellissima.jpg

Patina:

mestilapatina.jpg

Tesoro:

mestilatesoro.jpg

Anonymous Insider

I agree with you, KB. Bellisima looks... chalky?? The other colors melt really well and become part of the makeup instead of being an alien element. I apologize as I find myself unable to describe why Belli doesn't look right when I know you can pull off cool tones. I feel SD is right that you would have to make a rose makeup for your entire face in order for it to pull together. Just by itself it feels really cold.

Wow, Tesoro is amazing on you! So is Patina and I think you can pull off Bellissima. Maybe if you switch up your makeup? I don't know but I definitely don't hate it whatsoever. 

Patina is like the Nars Anna of liquid lipsticks: an amazing shade that looks great and different on everyone.

Anonymous Insider

You are that rare creature over the age of 22 who really does look stunningly beautiful with no foundation! I am absolutely loving how fierce Tesoro is against your alabaster skin tone, and Patina is intriguingly mauve-ish on you, and works brilliantly with your striking features and gorgeous coloring! You look exquisite! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I love Tesero on you too! It looks gorgeous against your skin tone!

Patina and Tesoro look gorge on you, KB!

I couldn't get Bellissima to work on me either, it just looked too weird. 

I will second Keepra's suggestion of Dolce.  It has the most awesome micro shimmer in it.  And Amore is great too.  So is Aria, but I think it's sort of similar to BITE 002.

Anonymous Insider

Personally I LOVE Amore. I don't know if you got a chance to try out Dolce but I like it too (and it's a nice nude alternative to Bellisma) plus it has a really nice finish because of gold microglitter. Aria is also a favorite of mine 😄

Tesoro is just friggen  Amazeballs!!!!   The other two got lost in tesoros shadows.   I love how you start off with meh lips, to nice lips to gaga gaga lips!   

Smarty pants caught on 😛 hehe. Tesoro is my fave, hands down. Like I said on jemly's post, I specifically wanted an orange-red liquid lippie, and I'm glad this one worked out for me. Love how it's still red, but it has more oomph to it. Patina will be nice for an everyday muted look.

image.jpgPatina reminds me of Mac mehr.   Maybe not, but I thought of it. 

Gack! This is awesome! I see two shades I already know have to git on mah lips!

Yeah, they look quite similar!

WHEEEE !!!!!! that's what went through my head when i saw and read. definitely love patina and tesoro on you.

amore and dolce are *slightly* different than the others, they describe them as a "sheen", and i'm hesitant to call them sheer--because they're not. it's just slightly different, so bare that in mind. the first day i had amore i had a bit of difficulty (the outline of my lips dried darker / thicker) but i think it had more to do with the condition of my lips that day--today has been an easy peasy dream 🙂

i still intend to purchase fiery in the near future, then i'll have my red family. i definitely intend to grab up aria too. i think the coral one (carina ?) is too bright even for me, and belissima is a bit barbie for my taste (on me). they're my favorite proper liquid lipstick formula out there--i'm kinda hoping they'll come out with more colors !! (i saw on their website that they released a few new ones for their spring collection but those didn't really yell out to me)

I figured Patina and Tesoro would safe on me, and I actually really wanted an orange-red liquid lippie. Bellissima was a blind try, and it failed miserably. I had this idea in my head that it might be okay on me, bahaha. Ah well. 

I really liked Aria, but I already have Bauhau5 and Bachelorette from the KVD line, so they were too similar. I was wondering why Amore swatched differently than the others... I thought it was just the tester haha. Good to know. But I never would have considered it if I didn't see you wear it 😛 When I go back tomorrow I'll re-try it out. LOVED fiery, that's on my list, too! Such a nice, deep red. And I really like Carina, but I'm in a TSB where that might be added... so imma hold off. hehe.

I like the purple in the new line, but chances are I'd rarely wear it. The rest don't speak to me either.

Anonymous Insider

Fresh cut and color! I went lighter and brighter for the summer! 

Nars Luminous Siberia mixed with Diorsnow Bb 020

Elf HD setting powder

YSL touché éclat 2 

Elf under eye setting powder

Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder

Hourglass Ethereal Light

Nars Orgasm

Physician's Formula Mineral Pearls Translucent Light

Bite Violet

Shu Uemura Hard Formula Seal Brown

Too Faced Chocolate Bar 

Too Faced Cat Eyes

Loreal Infalliable Amber Rush

Benefit Push Up liner

image.jpg

The violet lippie looks AMAZING on you. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! I'm totally feeling spring lips!

Had to scan this list immediately to find out what you were wearing on your lips. Amazing! And your hair looks really great.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! It appears a lot of the lovely ladies of BT also went with purple/violet lips today! It must be something in the air!

2 Replies
testing