Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Your eyebrows are fierce. And I love the white liner rimming your eyes.

Ha, they're a bit intense, but way better than the solid pink I had going on at first!!  I need to find darker colors for my brows cause I have this deep set desire to make them colourful!  

Yeah, but intense = so you! And I've been known (OK, I did it once) to color my brows with green mascara. 😉

Colourful mascara!   Why didn't I think of that!!!  You get a hug!   

Yay!

The cuff around the eyes makes you look devious 😄

Oh no!   Cuff is giving my true nature away!!!  

It's been quite a while since I've posted here.

Been busy busy busy! Bought a new car, roommates are moving out, digging my new job, getting new furniture.. Things are awesome.

Also, new Tarte products to Enjoy.

1. Tarte Tarteguard SPF 30 Lotion
  2. Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer
  3. Tarte Colored Clay CC Liquid Foundation in Fair
  4. Tarte Colored Clay CC Concealer and Corrector in Fair
  5. Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder
  6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Enigma
  7. Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Atmosphere
  8. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Liner
  9. Tarte Gifted Smart Clay Mascara
  10. Bite Beauty Watercolor Lip Gloss in Four

IMAG0024.jpg

Congrats on all the good things happening for you! 

Hey you!!!  Your skin is the first thing I noticed!!!  You look awesome!!!  So honestly, how do you feel about the watercolour lip glosses?  I have them but have been having difficulties with them.  I said I was going to return them, but I just saw your lips and had to check out what was on them and was a bit shocked it was one of the watercolours!   Perhaps I was applying too heavily?  I think I've just had an eye opening moment- I'm not a gloss girl anymore!  

Also, what do you use on your brows?  

Thanks! With the discount code, I bought a Luna and a couple peels that have been working phenomenally with my skin. Breaking out tonight, though, because we had to bath the cats in blue Dawn, which I am very much allergic too. Hopefully it's not too bad in the morning...

The watercolors are definitely not as smooth as the Deconstructed Rose or the Shades of Sephora collection (I have both of those as well, for reference). They're thicker and a little harder to control, but if you go over the lips several times without getting more product, you can get a nice even application that's not too thick. 

As for the brows, aside from a bit of plucking, I do nothing else to them. They are natural.

Oh darn it!   Your brows are the exact colour I want mine to appear!   

Figured I'd share.

This is what happens to my skin after coming in contact with blue Dawn dish soap. I don't know what it is that I'm allergic to, but this happens everywhere, not just on my face.

I had gloves up to my elbows to handle the cats, as blue Dawn is a great topical, instead-death treatment for fleas. We use it in tandem with Comfortis and Diatemaceous Earth. It was Ms Glitches first bath, and she splashed the ever loving Hell out of me.

The damage:

IMAG0058_1.jpg

This is after taking off my make-up (I did this before bathing the cats). I followed up with the Irish Moor mask to help draw out impurities while calming the skin. Then I put on the Complexion Correction stuff by PTR, and the Bosica Clear Complexion treatment with a Benadryl moisturizer. The swelling has gone down quite a bit.

What makes the sacrifice worth it:

11130177_477495999093307_8530596669921779222_n.jpg

The fleas my roommates brought home have been killed. Miss Glitch is sleeping better and not digging at herself. She's taken her Comfortis (to make her Walking Death to any survivors), and snuggling up to watch Trailer Park Boys.

Glad you are feeling better! Your kitty is precious! She reminds of my grey/white/apricot kitty. Is she wearing soft paws? Never could get the hang of those!

My mouth is gaping open!   That looks painful!!!   Dawn did that??????    You're gonna need a face mask the next time you bathe the cat!!!!   It's good to see it was worth it but those are some nasty hives! 

Yikes!  I had no idea it was even possible to be allergic to dish soap!  I hope it isn't painful!  I hope it goes away soon, too.

Anonymous Insider

Hope your skin recover soon!!!!!! I'm also trying to soothe my skin from irritation caused by Bismuth Oxychloride... I also find Avene Cicalfate cream very, very, good when my skin's irritated. It's not very expensive as well, so I always keep one. For my puppy, I use a flea control "treat" and it might be a good alternative for your kitty as well. 

Thanks for the advice. My skin should recover completely in about a week. I took an extra dose of Zyrtec to help with the histamine reaction. This happens to me with most household cleaners, but Dawn is definitely the worst. The prescription Benadryl cream is probably the best thing ever. It's cheap, and super effective for all my topical allergies ( like grass)...

I'm finding fleas this year to be particularly bad. My normal, routine dose of Frontline (although purely for prevention, as I take Ms Glitch out for walks) did nothing against the pests my roommates brought home in a blanket.

Comfortis, though a bit expensive, works for a month and is actually killing them.. Within about 5 hours, there are no live adults to be found. I still used the Dawn bath because it kills them in about 30 seconds. It is a one time treatment, while Comfortis is handling the rest by making the cats no longer a viable food source. But, you can treat the pet all you want, 90% of the infestation is in the home. So, that's where DE comes in. We dust it on EVERYTHING once a week, let it sit over night, then vacuum it up. I also have a generic flea color around the center column in my Dysons debris container, to give any stragglers instant death. DE is totally healthy - it's in your food already, to protect grains and such from bugs, and it contains tons of minerals - as it is just dead phyto-plankton. It works by cutting through the waxy layers of the exoskeleton so the fleas and their larva slowly dry up and die.

My adult cats got a Dawn bath and their Comfortis dose last week. I don't even see flea dirt on them anymore. It's fantastic.

You may be allergic to Methylisothiazolinone, which is a preservative used in Dawn and many other cleaning products. I'm very allergic to it too. There's a patch test you can get done if you wanted to know for sure about this, but it's easy to figure out because it's used in many products such as shampoos, baby wipes, etc. so that if you see a pattern of breakouts/irritation, you can figure it out that way too.

Anonymous Insider

I should try that too, since my puppy enjoys going to the dog park everyday and quite likely she brings something naughty inside home. I've heard from my vet that the area I live is a flea danger zone and I def. should care about it. I also do have topical allergy to so many different things, mostly the reaction is mild (just bumpy and itchy) but it's so generalized that I'm even allergic to my bra strap if I forget to take Zyrtec every night. Allergy sucks. Thanks for the great advice! I usually survive well with zyrtec+cicalfate, but I think I should remember Benadryl as my option when the reaction becomes more severe.

Anonymous Insider

Terribly sorry for posting 2 looks today (not really) but most of my evening has been spent trying to figure out how to make pretty eyeshadow looks happen with my hooded eyes and I decided to try some of the techniques I got from YouTube videos, etc -

Then things got real crazy and I decided to do a full face because who doesn't need a full experimental face of makeup while doing laundry?!

Photo 952.jpg

Photo 953.jpg

Eyes -

Semi Sweet Choc Bar Palette - Butter Pecan, Peanut Butter, Puddin

Stila Stay all day waterproof liquid eyeliner

bts mascara

Face -

Hg mineral veil primer

Supergoop CC cream fair to light

Benefit Fake Up

Loreal true match concealer crayon - medium for contour

Maybelline cover stick - white for highlight