Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

thank you

You are absolutely gorgeous! 

Thank You!!!!

I like the jewelry on your head. Dolly looks very pink on you, but it's very pretty! Like Ballerinagrl said, bubblegum pink!

Thank You!!!!

Anonymous Insider

Wow! What an amazing look! You are the queen of airbrushed skin and contouring! I love how sculpted your brows are, that cute and sassy bubblegum lip, and your expertise with the liquid liner! You look stunningly beautiful, and you are obviously immensely talented at makeup artistry! 🙂

Thank you !!!! 

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

Sorry I had posted a sideways picture! Was at a friend's engagement party 🙂 I'm using MAC Diva on my lips, and my eyes are a combo of UD Pulp Fiction palette and LM Caviar Stick in Copper.

My "top" is actually part of a traditional Pakistani dress called shalwar-kameez:

IMG_7172.JPG

I had such a great time! Engagements/weddings always make me feel so happy and optimistic for my own day...someday...haha 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Gorgeous dress and that MAC lippie is perfection on you!!! 

Thanks Vaash!! 🙂

I love this! What a gorgeous attire. 

Thanks! I lucked out that the one outfit I found at home that still fit me ended up being quite pretty 🙂

You are stunning as always. And wow, I love your salwar kameez. I think half of my wardrobe is my traditional Indian clothing collection at this point. I love love love the textiles and drape of the clothing. I know you said yours is Pakistani; I'd love to get some of the Pakistani variations into my collection as well.

You're so sweet! I love that you have a bunch of traditional outfits, I bet they look amazing on you.

If you ever want to try a style maybe we can coordinate to get a dress brought over for you when I have family coming to visit 🙂 Do you have good stores in your area?

Thanks! I love all sorts of traditional clothing from various cultures, but these are definitely my favorites.

Oh, I would have no clue where to even begin! I don't know what kind of stores to look in or what to expect as reasonable pricing. I find most of my items at secondhand thrift stores or occasionally on Ebay or Etsy.

I would say Pakistani and Indian fashion is very different. Pakistan is going through a wonderful phase right now where they are exploring some of the high fashions of our old historical empires. One of my favorite pieces is this one that I saw on a blog, and I'm thinking to have it made for me! I have bought dresses from the U.S., but I think I just prefer my dresses come to me from Pakistan (relatives) since they are tailored and in line with the fashion trends there versus the interpretation of the trends here. Here's the picture, it's glorious:

image.jpg

Yes Inum! the best way is definitely to get it made in Pakistan. So many more options. My relatives always send or bring over clothes for us, I feel like the outfits here are much more limited and expensive. Plus it's harder to get things custom-made over here.

I love this. I love the long dresses and skirts the best.

Love this so much!

Anonymous Insider

WOW. That's is amazing.

Oh my. That is gorgeous. I would wear that in a heartbeat (and it matches my current manicure!). I agree that the two styles are different, and even different regions have variants of the traditional dress, but they do come from a common origin and often use the same or similar names. Most of my Indian wardrobe I source secondhand from Indian families who have gotten them in India. I unfortunately don't yet know where to find any Pakistani fashions around here.

That dress is beautiful! 

37 Replies
testing