Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

That lip! Lawd!  Beautiful BW! 

i think its actually the first time i use the marsala lip creme, its beautiful

You're seriously killing it today, BW!

I love how today's wing came out! I think I'm going to be doing more of this wing. O_O 

You think if I put a pinkish lip liner under the marsala lipstick it'll make it more pink? What do you suggest. On its own isn't flattering on me but I don't want it to go to waste. 

Anyway, I like the UD + Marsala lip combo on you. It's like a deep, reddish almost burnt orange. Love the eyeliner too!

it totally works, you just can't apply much of the marsala, my suggestion is to dab it on. 🙂 also nyx white with just marsala makes a nice dusty rose. 

Thank you, sd. Some little trick I learned is to put nyx white (milk) jumbo pencil on your lips and then apply the lippie in dabbing motion til you get the color you want. I'm going to practice it with the only hot pink pencil i have from milani and report back. 

Oh wow, I never thought of that. Is that ok since Milk is meant for your eyes? What about when I have lunch and I eat it??

actually forgot the pm but you can use OCC lip. 🙂 

http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-P376506?skuId=1597699

either the tar or the pencil

http://www.sephora.com/cosmetic-colour-pencils-P385144?skuId=1532605

if you're not comfortable with nyx. 

SD! You can also use the lightest nude you have and do it that way if you're uncomfortable with the nyx, but many people do it. It can be used to grab on to your lipstick so it doesn't slide off and stuff. 🙂 I'll pm you a link

*edited* I got confused. and put mocha

I totally saw that you wrote mocha first haha!

I did too, and I was like wha???  what's she talking about? 😄

lol sorry guys i'm tired and have been confusing things lately 

It was dark and snowy when I went into work this morning, no light for photos. Second photo was taken over my lunch, so my makeup was 5+ hours old. I was surprised at how well my lipstick/gloss combo held up. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for my hair (HELLO static!)

Thanks to SDdenm for the tip about layering Too Faced Candied Violet over Nyx Milk. At first it still wasn't very vibrant, but I used a wet brush and it was much better.

Face: Nars LongName foundation in Santa Fe, Besame Vanilla Brightening Powder, a Smashbox creme blush trio (can't recall the name)

Eyes: Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown, Nyx Milk eye pencil, Too Faced Favorite Things palette (Whiskers on Kittens,  Snowflakes, Ooh La Orchid) and Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (Candied Violet), UD Ink for Eyes in Perversion (boy, my line is awfully wobbly today haha), Jordana eye pencil in Prolong Purple, and a very light coating of L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting mascara (did not use primer end).

Lips: Bite Luminous Creme in Palomino (heavily blotted) and Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Smitten

IMG_1729.JPGIMG_1740.JPG

Yay!! I'm glad it worked out better for you! It looks soooo good!! I wasn't sure if you saw my comment so I was considering sending you a pm. Make sure you use a dense brush. Shoot, I might wear it tomorrow... I haven't used my chocolate bar palette in a while. 🙂 Love your lips today too!

Ahh, I love your makeup today! So pretty. The purple shadows really make your eyes pop! 

I love your eyes today, Ali!  Gorgeous purples 😄

I've decided that I'm going to dig out my digital camera so I can start taking better pictures of my makeup! I always look so washed out and my eyeshadow always looks so boring. Also, ignore my funny face-- its been one of THOSE days. 🙂

Face- Loeral trumatch, sephora powder, and Benefit Dallas

Eyes- Mac Paint Pot in Layin Low, Vice LTD palette, Perversion Mascara

Lips- Rimmel Eastend Snob (got because of coffee break with Dani- crumbled and broke before I got my lips lined), CP lumier liner and lipstick.

IMG_0916.JPGIMG_0915.JPG

Why don't you turn and face the window into the light instead of away from it? 

I agree with Ali, you have great cheekbones!

That would probably make more sense. I tried a bunch of diferent ways today and these were just the two pictures that turned out okay enough to post. Haha..

& thanks 🙂

Haha I just thought I'd mention it in case it didn't occur to you to turn around 🙂

3 Replies
testing