Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

O. M. G.

🙂

giphy.gif

Adventure Time! ♥

You HAVE to tell us how you keep your hair so dreamy.

Aww, you are so sweet! Well, I eat lots of healthy fats and oils, so maybe that helps with the shine, and I eat my proteins, so maybe that helps with the strength. Otherwise, I use Phytojoba shampoo and conditioner, Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother after towel-drying, and I rarely heat dry and I never color-treat. I get the ends trimmed every 3-4 months.

I have recently been using my particular method for easy, messy mermaid hair: After I shower in the evening, I squeeze all the water out of my hair and then sit with my hair draped inside a towel for 2-3 hours (usually while reading or watching a movie before bed). I then tousle it in the towel to get the rest of the wet parts teased apart, apply my Aveda lotion, and then twist up into a bun while I do all my other bedtime rituals. When I do go to bed, I pull the bun down and shake my hair out a little and sleep on it damp. This is the hair I woke up to this morning.

So, you woke up like this. Why am I not surprised? 😉

Well, yes, but via careful planning through use of an experimentally-developed hair protocol. 😄 Seriously. It has taken me several years and a lot of trial and error to figure out how to properly manage my hair in a way that doesn't require too much of my time in styling or prep work. And even then it sometimes doesn't work and I wake up with an unsightly 90-degree-angle kink in my hair at the very back of my head. Then I have to gentle tease it out with water or just endure it for a day until it loosens itself by the next day. 😛

Your messy hair = Perfect hair!

Thank you! I actually do prefer my messy natural hair to perfectly tamed hair. Although sometimes this messy mane of mine does give me some grief. Like getting caught on everything. And I have to be careful not to accidentally flip my hair into a stranger when I'm on a crowded streetcar or train... Haha

Mermaid hair! 🙂

EDIT: honestly, I flew past the text above your photo and immediately scrolled down to write my comment about your hair. Didn't notice you called it mermaid hair til now! 🙂

Great minds! I just love mermaid hair!

I feel like you are too perfect to be real!  

Your hair is gorgeous.

Thank you, Mocha! ♥

your. hair. 

wow.

🙂

What she said ^^

hi all ! i'm not at work ! wheee.

so...i may add a bit of blush but i really wanted my skin to look naked except for the eyeliner...

NARS radiant tinted moisturizer, finland. (right tone, one shade too dark.)

NARS radiant creamy concealer, chantilly

NARS contour blush, olympia (just a tiny bit)

KVD tattoo liner, trooper

GUERLAIN maxi lash

NARS semi matte lipstick, catfight. 

meow.jpg

up-the-nose shot shows eyeliner better.

meow2.jpg

So pretty! 

my nostrils are little circles. wtf.  lol You look so awesome. The first picture reminds me of Jane, minus the red lipstick. 😛 

baahaha whiskey and gpl, full disclosure: i'm pretty sure i always flare my nostrils when i take a pic which makes them look better than they are. it's such an unconscious action now i don't even realize it.

1 Reply
testing