Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks Vaash!  I picked Olivia.  And today, my lashes had a bit of help!

Is this the one from your birthday haul? I like it!

Thanks skate08!  Yes, Valhalla eyeshadow was in my bday haul.  I lovelovelove it.  Am already thinking I might want a backup, if it's LE.

Happy Saturday!

Today I'm wearing:

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream – Light Beige 3
Cargo HD Bronzer

MUFE HD Powder

Smashbox Brow Tech – Blonde
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Love In Rio shadow trio – Barefoot In The Sand

L.A. Colors Grafix Eyeliner - Purple

Benefit Rollerlash

Cargo Blush - Gotham

Sephora Lip Pencil - 137

Sephora Lip Attitude Glamour - G09

Feb 21 1.jpg

Feb 21 2.jpg

And here's today's wedding hair attempt. It's a bit frizzy.:

Feb 21.jpg

I love the purple eyeliner and I wish you could come do my hair. 🙂

Ha! Thank you! If I didn't live out in the middle of nowhere I would consider loaning out my services. 😉

Anonymous Insider

Wow - your skill and flair for hair is simply incredible to behold! I am loving what you've done with the makeup today, too, especially the radical fashion eye, defined with classic taupe and switched up into edgy high fashion territory by the addiction of that fabulous vivid purple liner! I'm loving the summery pink lip, too! You look gorgeous! 🙂

Thank you again! 🙂

everything about this look is so sweet and romantic. I wish I could pull off looks like this, but I nver pick up my hair. >_<

Thank you! Mine rarely stays down for a full day - it starts to annoy me and I always have to pull it back! But then, it would annoy me if it was too short to pull back, so I guess I'm just doomed to a life of buns and ponytails. 🙂

I like the purple liner! Great hair again! 

Thank you! 🙂

So much beauty...no words.

Aw, thank you again! 🙂

i love the subtle pop of purple !

Thank you! 🙂

You remind me so much of a friend of mine! Love your look today! That pop of purple on your lash line is fantastic and the little flower in your hair is very pretty!

Thank you! 🙂

Afternoon, ladies!

I've been wearing these new Tarte products for a few hours now so I'm comfortable giving a quick rundown.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Tarte Foundcealer in Fair

3) Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer in Fair

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

5) Urban Decay Anti Aging Eye Shadow Primer Potion

6) Tarte Away Oui Go palette collection (Private Chateau, as a base shade)

7) Tarte Miracles of the Amazon palette (Pink Beyond, Taupe for the Best, Dreams Plum True)

😎 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! liner

9) Tarte Gifted Smart Clay Mascara

10) Tarte Lipsurgence Liquid Lip Shine in Exquisite

11) Calvin Klein Euphoria

IMG_20150221_083043.jpgIMG_20150221_083041.jpg

The Foundcealer name gives me a bit of a misnomer. It's actually barely medium coverage, so I still needed regular concealer to cover up redness. The texture is okay, and Fair is actually an exact match for me. This I find interesting, because Fair in the normal foundation line is a bit too pink for me (I'm neutral, but wear pinker tones better).  It's pretty much like a serum foundation, and even uses the Maracuja serum bottle, essentially, with the dropper top. It took about four drops to do my entire face.

There are some problems I experienced though. Firstly, I learned a trick from the guy who used to do my make up regularly, and that's to sweet a very, very sheer coat of foundation over your lids to bring everything in together. You can put primer over it. That did NOT work very well with the Foundcealer. At all. The primer tugged it off, giving the areas around my eyes a thick, cakey look. A little concealer fixed it all up, and I will not be trying that again with this product.

Second, it did kind of sink into my pores. Evidently I am the only one in my apartment that realizes this. My boyfriend, our roommate, and his girlfriend did not see this:

IMG_20150221_082941.jpg

I suspect this is my primer. I will use one of the others I have laying around tomorrow.

That said, it wore well thus far (7 hours). I haven't seen any caking, slipping, or transfer, so that's good. I want to love this product, as it's about the same weight as the Koh Gen Do foundation I have and is a better color match. But I think I need to keep playing with it first. If I can make this product really work for me, I will likely return the KGD.

The eyeshadow is about what you would expect from Tarte, only exceptionally pigmented.  I have only tried the left side of the palette, so I can't speak for the other side, but only Pink Beyond is a sheer, lightly pigmented shade. I was not prepared for how intense Taupe for the Best and Dreams Plum True were, though I love the compliment of the dark purple lightly blending into the outer corner and crease. The shadows are soft, buttery, and blendable. I experienced no fallout with these shades.

I still feel the same way about the Gifted mascara. It's not as good as Lights, Camera, Lashes! but it does give me fuller lashes, so that's a plus. Probably better for those subtle days where I don't want/need 'OMG' lashes.

The Liquid Lip Shine is basically Tartes lipgloss formula, and I am not sure why there was a name change. It's not particularly sticky, it didn't want to transfer to my tea cup this morning, and it is a fantastic berry shine. As with most Tarte lip products, it is also very hydrating.

More tomorrow! Swatches and pictures of the palette on Monday!

Anonymous Insider

Fabulously polished look, and fabulous review, too! Your brows look impeccably groomed, your complexion looks flawless, and that nude-pink lip is elegant and refined! I absolutely love your eyes defined by the cool tones of plums and pinks as they really flatter your skin tone, and I simply must add that your talent in blending shadows is amazing! You look gorgeous! 🙂

Guys, I have my first date today since my ex and I split. I'm nervous and excited! Figured I'd go for a little softer look, but then still did a darker crease, because hey, I like it 😛

Naked Basics with UD LE disco on eyes, Dior rosy blush, And YSL Rouge volupte in Pink in Devotion on lips. Face is the same as the other day with foundation. 

mefeb21.jpg

feb212.jpg

21 Replies
testing