Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I like this lipstick on you but I agree with whoever said to maybe try lighter eye makeup? I read the comments this morning so I can't remember who said it. But I like it!

Thanks SD!

Anonymous Insider

This is another fabulous 'I'm-still-tanned-in-the-depths-of-winter' look! 😉 I have to say I find Dominique utterly exquisite against the backdrop of your tan! Isn't she just wonderful? I love the neutrally defined eye, as it allows Dominique to steal the show here! You look stunningly beautiful! 🙂 

Thank you, ballerina!  I now understand why she's been sold out for months!

I like it Mocha! It's a different shade, but different is good! You remind me of Sophia Loren with your tan, dark hair and eyes. Very beautiful!

image.jpg

Wow.  I'm speechless, veg.  Thank you!  I aspire to someday be as awesome as Sophia Loren.  

She is a stand-up broad in my book! 😉

Ahhhh Dominique looks so fabulous on you! Just perfect!

Thank you, gem5136!

I like Dom on you, especially in the second photo with the different blush Jem suggested. And I agree with your red lipstick analogy … I also have Dom, but I'm not brave enough to really wear it yet. It's cool-toned when I usually go for warm, so that's part of it, but it's also a lot of lipstick, and I'm perfectly comfortable wearing really audacious (heh) reds. I found that layering it with Anna, Dom's less intense twin, helped.

Thank you, TKLJ!  

Yes, the different blush makes a world of difference IMO.  It's weird, I really do like Luster, but I always look at it in pan and think this doesn't do anything... I'll just wear something else.  On me it's subtle, but it just adds something.

I was thinking about layering it with Anna, but I told myself to suck it up and just wear it out on its own. 🙂  But I have found once it warmed and settled onto my lips, the brightness toned down a fair bit and it isn't quite so OMG to me now.

I just remembered I have Luster as well (it's so hard to remember all the names of things I have and things i want), so I'll have to try this!

#firstmakeuproblems 😄

i like it on you!! idk if i love it with that eye color maybe, a little too much cool toned?! IMO. Maybe a brighter lid color to neutralize it

Thanks aviscardi!  Yes, it's definitely something I'm going to play around with before I give up.  

Did you manage to get yours yesterday?  I checked their online store again this morning and it was still in stock, so hopefully you did!

did you see my suggestion in the audacious thread ? try it with just a hint of luster blush. will balance out the cool tones, i think. i actually really like it with this eye shadow but maybe also try it with a more neutral / champagne shimmer.

Ooooh, Luster, good call!  I'm going to try that before I go out.  

I started with a beige-y gold Too Faced shadow, but it didn't look right, so I layered Demon Lover over it and went from there.  

I'm thinking it might also look good with something in a cool grey tone.  In my head I am imagining Lysithea (which I don't currently own) might work...

Jem, very good call.  Luster makes me like it a lot more.  Also, after it warmed up on my lips it has changed a bit into something not nearly as jarring to me.

i0218154mage.jpg

YES. That's it! That's the look! Forget what I said in my first comment. 

Lol, thank you!

YAYYYY !!! I'm so happy to hear / see this mocha. Wheeee !

I am loving it.  It's like all the things I adore about Anna, but on steroids.  😄

1 Reply
testing