Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks 🙂 But I must stress that my skin is only 'perfect' courtesy of Collins Resultime CC Cream + a little ELDW + the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ... 

ballerina !!! i've been waiting for this moment (you posting here) for so long !! you are GORGEOUS. your skin seriously glows. you have the kindest eyes and i love how you've done them. and oh my, that baume de rose rosy glow, how lovely !!! 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks, Jem 🙂 Once the sun spots popped out I had to learn to fake prefect skin. It's taken a couple of years and over 70 foundation/BB/CC cream experiments, but I think I'm finally getting there. I'm trying hard to keep the eyes cool now as the shimmery pinks definitely work best in Asia and Dubai, but I've noticed that in the UK matte is essential, so my early morning ice rink stint with the children is a different cool eye look, in which I attempt to blend Kevyn Aucoin's A Hint of Peach, with Custom Color 3's eye brightener, and just a hint of shimmer in the tear duct (see pic below) - I've ordered a couple of Nars mattes to try, since Bobbi Brown didn't offer me enough of a GWP! I still need a lot of help with blusher, but I figure with eyes the only way to get better at blending is to practice! 😉

IMG_2634 copy.jpg

Your skin is absolutely glowing and that By Terry Baume De Rose Rosy Glow looks amazing. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! The glow is courtesy of Colins Resultime CC Cream + the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette! 🙂

You are beautiful! I love your cardigans Heart 

Anonymous Insider

I'm a sucker for J Crew cashmere for work, as AC is usually turned up to high at Indian hotels 🙂

Wow.  Ballerina you are absolutely gorgeous!

I love your new hair!  And the top in your second picture is so gloriously spring-like.

Please do come back and post more often!  We love seeing you around here 😉

Anonymous Insider

I'm middle-aged with sun spots and a skin tone that defies description! 😉

Oh nonsense!  I would be ecstatic to look this good in 10 years 😉

You're skin is amazing--I don't even see any sunspots!

I'm 35 and never really wore sunscreen consistently over the years and now paying for it with freckles/sunspots. Earlier in Jan, the dermatologist told me to wear SPF 60 everyday. What sunscreen and products for reducing sunspots do you think I could benefit from?

Anonymous Insider

I'm hiding the sun spots in these pics with Collins Resultime CC Cream and a little ELDW over worst impacted areas. I feel the need to hide them whenever I leave the house, which has somewhat made me a prisoner to base makeup, but I figure since I used no foundation at all until I was 41, it's time to experiment with it, so I try to have fun! 😉

In the UK, I use SPF 50 everyday, and in Asia SPF 100 (Bioderma). For skincare, I'm getting best results from DDG extra strength peels combined with layers and layers of serums and treatments and oils that are mostly high in either retinol, vitamin C, both, or other dark spot faders, like liquorice. 

Since I'm 44 now, and the sun spots only appeared when I was 41, I know they were the result of my teenage years, since a close friend died from skin cancer when we were in college, so I quit with all forms of sun worship aged 20. Since then I wore factor 50, but given my genetic mix, I knew hyper pigmentation was likely - I'm 25% Middle Eastern, 25% Mediterranean, 25% Asian, and 25% Caucasian - but it sucks nonetheless.

My husband keeps urging laser, but I've heard they pop right out again if you ever find yourself anywhere near the sun, so I'm not sure this can be a long term solution given I work in extremely sunny counties! 😉

You're absolutely stunning ballerinagrl!

Anonymous Insider

I apparently was when I was young and my skin was perfect. Now it's ageing, with severe hyper pigmentation issues: Look after young skin while you have it - wear an SPF 50 everyday even if you live someplace where the sun never comes out 😉 When I was young I hated how I looked and even my skin, so all I can say now is make the most of youth while you have it!

1. kat von d lock it tattoo foundation, 44

2. lancome dual finish powder

3. benefit dallas

4. mac mineralize blush, gentle

5. lancome blush highlighter, 001

6. too faced chocolate bar palette

7. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, eden

8. benefit theyre real mascara

9. mac patentpolish lip pencil, spontaneous

10. thebalm bahama mama

You just reminded me that I haven't touched my benefit box blushes in a very long time!  They're so good too!  I only wish they didn't take up so much space. 

I want them! Surprisingly I don't own any. The clunky packaging turns me off.

Haven't been able to post consistently over the past week or so. Hopefully will pick back up soon!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Becca primer

Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation in Real Sand

D&G tan #22 for contour 

Naked 1 shadow

UD liner

Marc Jacobs mascara

Lorac Perfectly Lit Spotlight powder/highlighter 

MUFE N1 lipstick

I LOVE the glowing highlight on your cheekbones, it looks so natural yet glam! Cute little puppy, i love his sweater! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

You really do look so naturally lovely in all your photos.

You have such a beautiful glow about you! And I love the pic of your make up products splayed across the table too! 🙂

testing