Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

I agree, and it matches your top perfectly. What are you wearing?

your lips look like a perfect strawberry !!

complete opposite of yesterday. neutrals.

NARS tinted moisturizer, finland. when i use this i feel like i'm rubbing my face in liquid silk.

NARS radiant creamy concealer, chantilly

NARS contour blush, olympia

COVERGIRL brow pencil, midnight black

NARS eyeshadow, ashes to ashes

BOBBI BROWN eyeshadow, chocolate

GIORGIO ARMANI smooth silk eye pencil; just slightly on the outer part of my bottom lid

GIVENCHY noir couture 4-in1 mascara

MAC lipliner, spice

MAC lipstick, honey love

neutral.jpg

I like how your looks depict your mood.

Whatever you come up with, you always end up looking beautiful.

Even without a stitch of makeup on, you're gorgeous.

I hope your days get better as the week goes along.

Gorgeous like always! Your skin looks so dewy and radiant.

I really want to get one of those NARS contour blushes, but I can't decide between Olympia and Paloma. I have fair to light skin, with yellow undertones and warmer shade look best on me... but I still am quite pale (and I keep getting paler and paler the more I avoid the sun), so I don't want to do anything too brown.

Contrary to how this photo looks (a bit pink), I have neutral-to-yellow undertones too. Olympia is the lightest one, I think it would work for you for sure. It's a cross between a proper contour powder and a blush, which is why it's a bit more pigmented than a contour blush but not brown/shimmery like a bronzer.

Lookin' nice Jemly. I have been thinking of purchasing the Spice Lipliner... i might actually do it now. It looks really good paired with that lippy. 🙂

Olympia is really working for you.

The tinted moisturizer loves you.

Your skin looks like it is made of liquid silk.

When you choose your makeup for the day, do you tend to focus on a specific aesthetic? I ask, because your makeup (and your whole look, really) always conjures a feeling. It feels specifically composed, not with force, but with artful intention. Does that make sense? 

Well said!

without a doubt, my mood. that is the only thing that decides what i do (not the season or the weather). dark lips usually mean i'm feeling confident (or want to trick my mind into feeling confident 😉 ). dark eyes make me feel powerful (so that doesn't mean i'm feeling powerful, but it means i'm needing to feel powerful--war paint if you will). neutrals like this are frankly indifference. neutrals for a neutral mood, just trying to get through the day. usually if i'm wearing bright pinks or something like that, it means i'm particularly happy or optimistic that day.

(um. i suppose i'm a moody person ?!)

I am exactly the same way with my daily look. Only difference is that, on most days, my mood is just lazy. 😉

Anonymous Insider

I've never owned a MAC anything... but the last time you wore Honey love I immediately went to the MAC website and looked it up. This time my will-power has broken. You've sold me. 

You look fantastic! 

lhart that's fantastic ! let me know what you think. it's a pretty light color, so if you find it's too light don't distress, it mixes very well with other colors. it's a good neutralizer. here i'd filled in my entire lips with the spice lipliner (which is quite dark on me) and putting honeylove on top lightens everything slightly while retaining the contrast.

OMG your skin is absolute perfection!

ah thanks other-gem. it take constant work and probably too-much-money 😉

I'm wearing a lipstick I love but often forget about, plus some new things I bought recently. I don't know what's going on with my undereye circles, as they don't show up in my lit mirror.

IMG_3567.jpg

FACE

Dior Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 002

BareMinerals The Magic Act Palette blush in The Natural High and bronzer in The Premiere and The Close Call

Guerlain Meteorites compact in Clair

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscape

EYES

Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer in 002, with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind corrector in Neutralizer on left eye and Bobbi Brown corrector in Dark Peach on right eye (I'm testing to see if I like one better)

IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette shadow in Soulful, Violet, and Transformer Pearl

Sephora Waterproof Retractable liner

Marc Jacobs Blacquer

Benefit Gimme Brow

LIPS

BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipliner in Empowered

Nars lipstick in Transeurope Express

I think you just sold me on this Nars lippie. I really should not buy another lip anything...

Yes, yes, yes! You may as well order Trans Siberian as well. For some reason, Sephora doesn't sell these shades (both semi-mattes) but they're on Nars's site.

Can you tell the difference between the two correctors?

LOVE your lips today. 🙂

1 Reply
testing