Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks LHart6!  And in French too!  I feel so special 😉

Anonymous Insider

I have a degree in French I figured I might as well use it LOL 

Dammit, Janet! You look fantastic!

LOL, thanks almostyou!  Every time I wear this lippie, that song is in my head 😉

Totally half-arsing pictures today. Very tired, and I woke up with a headache, so I'm phoning in life as a whole. Still gotta work though!

I'm not feeling my make-up 100% today. I feel that using the lightest shade of the palette as an all-over color was not necessarily the best idea if I was going to use the second darkest color all over my lid. It made the shade dilute and everything is shimmery now.  Try again with Smashbox Vanilla as a base shade Friday or something. C'est la vie.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Benefit Fake Up Concealer

3) Urban Decay Naked Skin 1.0

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Pigmented Pressed Finishing Powder in Fair

5) Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion

6) Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Exposure (all five shades)

7) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

😎 Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N9

IMAG1515_1.jpgIMAG1516_1.jpg

Your skin looks amazing! I also love how the mascara is on you!  

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Awww, thank you!

Anonymous Insider

Love your eyes today!! 🙂

Also, I'm curious about the Greek Yoghurt primer... it sounds interesting. How do you like it?

Thank you!

The primer is actually my holy grail primer. I have combo skin - oily nose (not the T, just the nose), normal around the center of my face, and drier towards the edges. I noticed that with most foundation, it would rub off, pool, or even *cake* on my nose - lighter ones like Naked Skin or Nude Miracle and more mattifying ones like Amazonian Clay. I tried Algenist's primer, Urban Decay, Tarte, Smashbox, Sephora brand... Everything that claims to control oil. Same effect - even with finishing powders!

This primer keeps the dry portions of my skin hydrated, does not cause my normal skin to break out, and balances my oily zone. I feel like my oil production is down, my make up stays all day and no longer cakes, and finishing powder isn't so much of a necessity as it is a habit.

And as an added bonus, I've noticed my occasional blemishes do not last as long, and seem smaller. They don't claim it, but as it is made from yogurt, I imagine there is some pro-biotic property to it, which would likely explain that effect.

I will say that the smell takes some getting used to. It's not necessarily unpleasant or strong. Just.. weird. But it does fade quickly.

OK, I thought it was just me. I like the way that primer works and I find it incredibly hydrating, but the scent..... Like you said, it's not unpleasant or strong, but it is pervasive. And I find it does not fade on me. I can smell it the whole day.

It reminds me of when I was breastfeeding. Just that ever-present scent of milk on me. TMI? 😛

This may be a stretch, but perhaps you're sensitive to the smell because you were breastfeeding?

Maybe it isn't so much that it fades but that I adapt to it. I wear Nirvana Black too and can't smell it throughout the day, but I don't touch up either because I know Sandalwood can offend some people if the scent is too strong.

Either way, to me, the benefits outweigh the smell. After months of searching and exchanging products, this is what works for me and I'm not about to let that go :P. I *am* going to see if I can get a sample of Korres other two primers though for S n' Gs. The pomegranate is supposed to be mattifying but not drying, so who knows.. it could be better!

I'm still in my PJs and plan to stay this way, so I think you look totally glamorous. 🙂 In all seriousness, your eyes look lovely and that Smashbox mascara is really working for you.

I feel you on the PJs thing. This weekend is my first day off in about a month and I'm totally going to have a pajama party.. even if I have to go shopping. Not like anyone at Winco would notice though, hah!

Thank you for the compliment! I was a bit iffy about the dark plum liner on my lower lash line, but it seems to be working without looking like I "walked into a door" or something. And on the Mascara, at first, I hated it, but it's really starting to grow on me - my lashes don't clump, and it doesn't irritate my contacts. I have thought about maybe actually investing in and using a lash curler with it, though I may be a bit over-critical.

Wow, you're not even curling your lashes? If those are the results, don't bother.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been experimenting with not wearing foundation the last couple days. 

Marc Jacobs concealer

YSL Touche Éclat 

ABH Brow Wiz

UD Naked 1

MUFE Aqua liner in burgundy

Buxum mascara

Off topic, but your sweater is super adorable, starsandbucks! I love cozy sweaters! Heart

<3, Randee

I love the sweater too! I like the colors you chose for your eyes- you look great without foundation! Sometimes its good to take a break from it 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Love your sweater, and what a gorgeous, rosy lip!

Yes, what is that lip? I am in love. 

I am in love with that cardigan, and your skin looks beautiful-you don't even need foundation! 

Thank you! I got the sweater about a year ago and it's one of my favorites. I tried to find it online but it looks like it's no longer for sale - and it was such a cheapy too!

13 Replies
testing