Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just just my regular stuff today:

MUFE. Face and body foundation 

Naked 1 shadow

Blinc Ultrathin liner

MUFE Aqua Liner

MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara

jouer blush

MUFE N1 lipstick

Wow-your hair looks stunning today! Very impressed by that braid! It looks so much more intricate and beautiful than a regular french braid, but the way you braided in the extra sections reminds me of one. Plus. I love that blush shade on you! 

Super cool braid.

LOVE your hair!

You are so naturally beautiful...gorgeous hair and beautiful features...kinda jealous 😉

I really like your hair ❤️

I have a couple of the Jouer cream eye shadows in my nordstrom wish list that I have been back and forward on. Do you have any of the cream eye shadows? If you do, what are your thoughts about them...

Anonymous Insider

I use a Jouer Cream Shadow in Champagne when I'm feeling too rushed in the morning to deal with powder. I've found hat using a decent base primer like Laura Mercier's Eye Basics, it can see me through a ten hour work day with no issues ....

I haven't tried any of their shadows. I like the blush. I have one of their cream highlighters and it's ok but the lasting power is not good at all. I have two liquid liners and I really don't like them very much at all but everything I've read about them online is very good, so I seem to be in the minority. I actually only got the blush I'm wearing here because I ordered one those brush gift sets that comes with a makeup bag and a few products. I really really love jouer brushes but the quality of the ones in that set were so chintzy and horrible I just couldn't give the set away as a gift so I ended up keeping the whole thing for myself and finding something else to give my friend for Xmas.

So, long story short: I find the quality of their products inconsistent! 

Anonymous Insider

Your hairstyle is gorgeous!!! Loving your fresh-faced natural makeup look, too! Your natural beauty never requires much, and that's such a sassy lip you have going on; so cute! 🙂

love that braid !!

Thanks! 🙂 my bangs will never, ever, ever grow out so I do this instead. 

Anonymous Insider

My hair grows so fast I can't even do bangs! 😉

I am very camera shy and self-conscious, and I don't think my HTC Selfie Camera will do me any justice, so I won't be posting a photo.. at least, not until I get home.

1) Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

2) Urban Decay Anti Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion

3) Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation 1.0

4) Tarte Smooth Operator Pressed Finishing Powder

5) Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Obscura (all five shades)

6) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

7) Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment in Tulip

Edit: Now with a shoddy photo my boyfriend took in a Starbucks while I was stirring coffee, half-asleep, waiting for a roommate candidate show up so we could talk to him.. The angle is unflattering imho, and makes my nose look bigger than it actually is 😞

IMAG1403.jpg

Those shadow colors look so rich! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Hey, you used the Hourglass eyeshadow palette! It looks pretty cool; what's the quality like? You look wonderfully polished with that flawless complexion, the nude pink lip, and the gorgeous alternative smokey eye! 🙂

Hi! I just wanted to say that you are so nice and complimentary towards everyone. Love your positive spirit!! xx

Anonymous Insider

Well I'm loving that you experimented with a really unusual smokey eye and revealed the fact your blending skills are A+ 🙂

Awww, well thank you! ❤️

Truth be told, I'm actually still fairly new to all of this.

Of all the palettes I own, I have to say that the Hourglass palettes put the rest in my drawer to shame. They are absolutely wonderful. In the picture I attached, Twelve hours had already elapsed. No creasing, no transfer, or fading. They blend like a dream, and fallout is minimal. They're very lightweight, and I would have likely forgotten that I was wearing it if it wasn't for the weight of the Full Exposure mascara on my lashes.

If you don't mind the price or the size of the product, I would definitely say get one if you haven't. They are *phenomenal*.

How are you liking the Hourglass Palette??? I've been debating getting one!

I love it!

The shadows are very, very creamy. The softest shadows I have ever stuck my finger in. The size is a bit underwhelming, but there is plenty of product and room to fit a brush in each individual color.

That said, I have read reviews that say they are powdery (re:Temptalia). I have not experienced this, but unlike her, I do use an eye primer. I did perhaps experience a very tiny amount of fallout from some of the shimmer when I used a thinner, fluffy brush, but nothing that couldn't either be easily covered up with some Fake Up or swept away with a fan brush (as I do my foundation first). Though I usually apply with a dense brush, then blend what's already on my lid.

They are extremely blendable, apply like a dream, and have lasted.. 14 hours so far without any creasing, fading, lid transfer

I have four out of seven palettes, and I am for sure getting two of the remaining three (a bit iffy on Graphite, because, while that fourth color looks like a beautiful steel blue, it's mostly just a grey).

testing