[ Edited ]

So, today I was wearing:

KVD foundation in L42 ( very thin layer ) ,
NARS Light Reflecting Loose setting powder,
TF Milk Chocolate bronzer,
Illamasqua Katie blush,
TF Better Than Sex mascara ( First time trying. Don't like it. ),
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde,
MAC Heroine lippie with MAC Currant lip pencil ( da bomb combo! :smileyhappy: ).

The lips were bold all right, but the rest of the makeup wasn't really much at all... BUT, I was told this on the street: "You are way to pretty for that much makeup!!!"?!!!! Really?! Don't you just love it when something like that happens?! I just laughed out loud. And was thinking to myself just why some people think they are entitled to say something like that to a random stranger? Was she thinking she is complimenting me? Or was she just plain mean? It doesn't really matter, I'm just talking to myself here, puzzled by humans over and over again :smileyvery-happy:

On the other side, MAC Heroine was a real show stopper today. ( It's like that every single time I wear it. ) Every other person on the street and in the mall was stopping me to ask just what is that gorgeous color on my lips! Next time I wear it, I should just stick post it note to my forehead: "MAC Heroine on my lips, peeps!", and walk around like that :smileyvery-happy: Oooh, Heroine is really addictive... I love, love, love it!

Re: What are you wearing today?

[ Edited ]

C360_2014-03-11-14-53-06-667.jpgC360_2014-03-11-14-54-44-524.jpg

Today I'm wearing:

DermaDoctor DD Cream

Stila Collage of Color (cheeks) in Roseberry

UD Naked Skin Ultra Definition Finishing Powder in Light

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown

YSL ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in Naughty Mauve (smells amazing, by the way)

MUFE Aqua Liner in Diamond Turquoise Blue

Rain Cosmetics - Glitterati in Gold Digger on lids

Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Onyx

Benefit - They're Real! Mascara

What a great look! You are rockin' that eyeliner! :smileyhappy:

I REALLY want that liner now! It looks so good on you!

LOVE that Aqua Liner so much! It looks beautiful with your brown eyes!

PS - Did you just get the Dipbrow, too? I think I saw it with your Chocolate Bar order. Isn't it amazing?! I'm in love with it!

Thank you! I want to buy all the Aqua Liners now!!!

And yes, I just got it with my Chocolate Bar palette and it's to die for. Seriously, I don't think I'll ever go back to powders now! I want to get one in a lighter shade so I can transition a bit and add more depth, since while I like the way it looks right now, I'd like to be able to make them look more natural, starting soft and then becoming darker, then having the tail end be light as well, to mimic real eyebrows. :smileyvery-happy: But I think it's amazing! It's so much faster to use than my powder!

I actually passed on the pomade because it was so dark! I already have black (Asian) hair and brows, so putting on more black was a bit too much. Any tips on how to apply it reeeeeaaalllly lightly? For reference, this is my brow with nothing on.

Purple eyeshadow look - 1.jpg

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! I'm not sure a lighter brown would match my hair color, but I'll pick up several different colors of pomades to experiment. :smileyhappy:

Well, I built mine up to the color they are, and that took about three applications of it. I took just the eensiest weensiest bit on my angled brow brush and then wiped it off in the lid until there was practically nothing on the brush. Then I outlined my brows with it, and filled them in with short strokes. It's really, really blendable, and if you get one of the lighter colors, do that once, and enhance with a powder that's one to two shades lighter than your actual brow, you could probably achieve a really natural, flawless looking brow. Also, if I'm going for soft and gentle, I like to run a spoolie through it to get the look of natural hair where there isn't any, if you have any spots that need to be filled in at all. And I was playing with it last night, and cut it with a light brown brow powder I have, and I was able to get really softly defined brows that even my boyfriend mentioned looked "fresh and light". Which is what I want to do when I'm not wearing heavy eye makeup, because too much brow and nothing on the eyes makes me look silly. :smileyhappy: 

i dont know the answer to your question but i love your eyemakeup in this picture!

Instead of the Ebony, you could go with Dark Brown or Chocolate so it's slightly less harsh. That will help, I'm sure. Aside from that, I really ... very, very lightly tap my angled brow brush into the pomade and wipe off the excess on the rim. I naturally have a pretty full brow, but I find if I take my time and pick up my spoolie to blend over and over and over again (I blend with the spoolie a lot as I apply), I can get it to look like 'real' brows. It just takes a lot of patience and slowly building up the color little by little.

I'm with Lari, evno.  I have black asian brows too, but I fill in with a light brown powder so that the line is not so harsh.

By the way, Lari, I did buy the Anarchy lippie today! Finally gave in. :smileyvery-happy:

YAY! I hope you love it!!!

[ Edited ]

upload_8683794035696598499.jpgMar112014

Face:

MUFE Mat Velvet+ No. 25 (I'm almost through with this one)

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone

Eyes and Brows:

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (Haute Chocolate all over the lids, Amaretto on outer 1/3 and hugging lash line, Triple Fudge to lightly deepen lash line and crease, Salted Caramel as the transition/blending color in the crease, Creme Brûlée as inner corner highlight, White Chocolate on brow bone)

MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Chocolate

Lips:

Mac Prep+Prime Lip Primer

Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 4

EDIT: I'm going out to dinner tonight so I might add more color to my lips. Afraid this looks sliiiightly washed out, but I know that the blush is more intense IRL than in pictures so maybe it's not as bad as I think.

(0) Hearts

I second those amazing brows!

You look great in red! I like the nude lip it moves the attention to your eyes!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments