What are you currently trying/testing?

ran8

What are you currently trying/testing?

Greetings everyone!  Hope everyone is having a positive summer so far.  As the title says, what are you currently trying or testing?  My response is down below. 

Even on a limited buying period, I was able to sneak in one Armani Eyes To Kill intense eye shadow.  Overall, it's fun to play with.  Personal preference is to pick up the product with a clean finger and apply.  Seems to work better that way first.  Then going in with a brush if needed.  It can be used underneath or on top of other eye shadows to create unique color effects.  This has been one of my go tos for lazy eye makeup or to amp up a look this summer.  The only downside:  price.  Although debatable since there seems to be a lot of packed product in the jar. 

Typically, tampering with my skincare usually ends up being disastrous.  However since I was borderline on free shipping (verge of the total being 50 anyway) from Shu Uemura, I decided to give the Ultime8 cleansing oil a try.  Helps there was a discount promotion too. 

So far not too bad.  I am also wondering if the ingredients are actually beneficial or just marketing hype.  Not sure if I would buy again (tend to like the performance and price of the A/I formula better).  If all else fails, I can use the Ultime8 for the body instead.  It's only been a day so far so maybe my mind will change from there. 

maltipoo66

Re: What are you currently trying/testing?

@elizbeth1972: thanks so much!  I'll definitely have to check them out-I've had my eye on Honey, Darling, and Sweetheart.  I have some research to do!

makeupobesessed

I'm testing out a few things, I've been suddenly crazy for NYX and also I just bought a hydrating most...the OLe Henriksen cucumber mist...not too many things for summer, I take it easy. Plus I can never test skin care products. It doesn't turn out well for my acne prone face.
janinebt

Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide: I just started using this about a week ago and I really like it. I dyed my hair black late last month so I'm always looking for products that are specifically designed for color treated hair. This leave in conditioner is insanely lightweight, it feels like serum, and gives my hair a rich shine. An added bonus is that it smells like fruit snacks :smileyhappy:. I have a small sample size, but I'll definitely be purchasing a full sized bottle before summer ends. It's like a sunscreen for the hair.

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads: I've been using this on and off for about a week or so. I'm still a little on the fence about it because I haven't seen a dramatic change in my skin. I like that the beads aren't rough and that it can also be used on the body. I may try using it in conjunction with my Clarisonic Plus :smileyhappy:.

Miracle Skin Transformer: I really like this product! It's like a translucent BB cream. I used it underneath my foundation and loved how smooth soft it left my skin. I've also applied it just on top of my moisturizer, and was impressed with how refreshed and healthy my skin looked. I have combination skin, so I'm a sucker for anything that mattifies! This is definitely getting added to my wishlist too.

ALTERNA - Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide

Peter Thomas Roth - Botanical Buffing Beads

Miracle Skin Transformer - Miracle Skin™ Transformer SPF 20

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Oh boy, Tokidoki is on sale online and instore, and I actually found a super cute eyeshadow compact availble instore but NOT on Sephora.com! It's very thick and sturdy plastic with nice neutral-ish colors for all occasions on top tier. The bottom compartment is ~.75in thick, excellent for storing the flat mini face powder brush or delicate jewelries when traveling. I'm so love it.

I got good customer service instore the other day so I buckled and finally brought the set of 3 Sephora + Pantone eyeliners on sale for $15. I love the orange and was playing around using it as an accent liner.

I'm also trying to get my skincare under control. Usually at this time of the year my face is pouring out oil non-stop, but this year my face is actually dry. When I use the lightweight gel that I used in past summers, my skin gets cracked and dry. Probably cuz I cut out all fried/oily food so my skin no longer produce as much oil, or because I brought and used too many new products lately, completely changing my whole regimen. I find it ironic that when I search for solution to this problem, my own answers came up. Heh. I suspect it's the toner, so I'm using Origins 95% Organic toner instead of Clinique Toner 2 (my standby of 5 yrs). If that's still a bit dry, I'm going to switch to Korres Pomagranate cream gel or Yogurt cream instead of Clinique gel or Bliss gel moisturizers. And I'm trying to use SPF25-35 moisturizers instead of the SPF15 moisturizers I was using, so I'm testing 3-4 different SPFs. We will see how that goes.

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Oh boy, Tokidoki is on sale online and instore, and I actually found a super cute eyeshadow compact availble instore but NOT on Sephora.com! It's very thick and sturdy plastic with nice neutral-ish colors for all occasions on top tier. The bottom compartment is ~.75in thick, excellent for storing the flat mini face powder brush or delicate jewelries when traveling. I'm so love it.

=================

You have good taste my lady !

Antoine

geminibreeze

The Korres Yogurt cream is very good! I have it cause my skin is sensitive and it never caused break outs or anything. I highly recommend it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • btmod1
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33