mommyto4

What I caught my husband doing...

I went into the basement to do a load of laundry and heard my husband rusting around in another room.  Of course I was curious so I went to check it out.  What I saw amazed me.  He had my bin of nail polish out, all of them lined up, and was using them to paint lures for fishing!!!  Honestly I wasn't upset, just shocked.  I don't know if using nail polish is a great idea or not.  He went to the local "man" store and apparently he found a whole bunch of plain lures on clearance.  Usually he just buys finished ones.  And this completely justifies my sale binge today :smileyhappy:

Let's rewind back 10 years when I became pregnant the first time and couldn't clip my toe nails anymore towards the end of my pregnancy.  My husband was amazing and offered to clip and paint them for me.  Biggest mistake of his life!  Ever since that fateful night he has continued to provide this service for me once a week. 

After looking at a couple of the lures he had painted I called him out on how the detail was amazing.  I mean the zig zags, dots, and different patterns on these lures was crazy.  I asked him why he hid his talent for so many years? Now that I know what he is capable of this is a whole new ball game when it comes to my weekly pedicure.  He just laughed at me and went back to meticulously painting the lures. 

I thought you ladies might enjoy this bedtime story :smileyvery-happy:

melde

Re: What I caught my husband doing...

(0) Hearts

Does he have a brother? Just kidding... :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

Heehee..there should be a support group for the significant others of the beauty obsessed...

mommyto4

Let's add to this story.  He just called me and asked if I still use that giant tackle box?  I said, "The silver train case you bought me?"  He replied with a yes.  I laughed and told him he can't give me something and then take it back.  Giant tackle box *shakes head*

kimchikween

Too bad Top Shop no longer has the nail polish color "Gone Fishing"

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

LOL You gals are the best!  I've really enjoyed reading all the comments.  He is a great husband!  When I get home from work I will try to take a picture and post it here :smileyhappy:

Yes I own lots of brightly colored polishes.  No neutrals in our house.  I did see one lure with glitter nail polish as the top coat.  

I asked him today when I can expect to see these designs on my toes?  He said when I grow my toe nails to the same length as some of the lures.  Ewww that will not happen!  Some of the lures were like 3 inches long.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Please tell me you started sending him pictures of designs you want on your toes now! 

I always tell my boyfriend he should paint my nails for me... he laughs & says he'd try... but he never has :smileysad: 

midnightangel

You must have very bright polishes. Fish are drawn to bright, sparkly objects just like most Sephora customers. :smileywink:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Hi mommyto4, what a great story! He sounds like a great husband and it sounds like you're going to have some GORGEOUS looking toes coming up! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
ace2021

(0) Hearts

Your husband is so sweet! I tried to teach my brother to paint my nails when he was about 5 and that was a disaster.

JeannineB

(0) Hearts

What an incredible husband you have!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

I agree with Jellybean917 what a catch!  He sounds like a great guy! 

jellybean917

Aww, how adorable! Your husband sounds like a real catch (fishing pun!). What a great start to my day. Thanks for sharing!

martianeskimo

(0) Hearts

That is hilarious :smileyvery-happy: 

rikkie

[ Edited ]

So now when you buy too much nail polish, you can say it was for both of you! "Oh yes, honey, I uhhhh... read fish love this shade of sparkly pink, it really catches the light and they're very attracted to it so I had to pick it up for you!"

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

LMAO, good one! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

I can just picture it now! He's brought home a big catch and he goes, "Honey!!!! That Essie and OPI really did the trick!"

:smileyhappy: Thanks for sharing this cute and heart warming story!

aparrish

(0) Hearts

I read this story to my husband, and he wasn't nearly as tickled as I was. (darnit!) I LOVE THIS!

Do we get to see some lures? :smileyhappy: You should send some photos to Sephora and OPI! (Or Essie or Julep or ...)

PoesRevy

Thanks for the smile. Sounds like you may have an awesomely cool designed nail art pedi in your future :smileyhappy:

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

That is so neat good for both of you!!!!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

lol i'd probably do the same thing :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • dianabt