DiVWA

What Clothing Do You Wear While Applying Your Makeup?

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid to get makeup on my dressy/work clothes so I wear something else.

I used to wear longer sleep t-shirts but they seemed a bit confining and I found myself getting warm in them in the summer and in hotter climates. (And to sweat while putting on makeup or doing one's hair is the worst thing!)

Then I saw this neat Betsey Johnson slip nightie on sale at JCP last year and the light bulb went on above my head and I realized it would be perfect for wearing while putting on makeup. This nightie has little candy hearts drawn on it with mushy sayings (like the real Valentine's day candy), neat ribbon like adjustable straps and some ruffles on the bottom hem. Totally cute, loose, and never too warm.

I then returned to JCP and got a second slip nightie (also on sale) that has a gray and pink leopard spot print, also with ruffles on the bottom hem and pretty ribbon/lace adjustable straps.

Every time I wear one of these slip nighties, my husband always compliments me on how cute I am. It sure makes me feel cuter as I apply my makeup and style my hair. :smileywink:

After I'm done applying makeup and blow-drying my hair, I change into my dressy clothes or my work clothes.

What clothing do you wear while you apply your makeup? What you're wearing that day/night, or something else?

beauty4ashes

Re: What Clothing Do You Wear While Applying Your Makeup?

I get dressed before I apply make-up.

Sometimes I wear my husbands old dress shirts.  

If it's a super fancy dress or blouse, I wear waterproof hair dresser coat with sleeves or a cape if I don't need sleeves.

Yes, it gets HOT. I have a fan blowing on my legs. 

misscg

Depending on the day and amount of makeup I'm putting on I do different things. Most days I do my makeup in my bra and panties since I usually do it straight out the shower. On colder days I'll put on one of my robes. And on light makeup days I just get dressed and do my makeup as an after thought lol.

friedrice

I just wear my satin robe with undies. It is so easy to take off the robe.

Because when I wear my sleepy shirts, it is hard not to smudge my make up when I take off the shirt and sometimes my cheeks would touch the collar and see makeup on shirts.

I think make up artists prefer you wear tube top kind shirts and robes so you wont mess up your make up when u get dressed. :smileyhappy:

image.jpg

DiVWA

A robe is a great idea. I had same issue with taking off t-shirts or night shirts when I used to wear them.

floridab

After showering, and in front of lights to put on makeup, I get so hot, that it's just undies for me.  That way I don't get any makeup on pjs or anything.  I also usually keep a small fan on me (hello hot flashes) LOL.  I always am careful not to get makeup on my pullover shirts.  

Zpsid91

I usually just wear a tank top and shorts or some version thereof :smileyhappy: I really like the idea of a slip or robe though...I have a couple hanging out in my closet (get it..hahaha) that I could repurpose! Thanks for the idea!

AlisG

I totally just do my makeup when I'm still in my PJs, too... Which is usually a t-shirt and sweatpants. I like this idea of buying something that makes you feel awesome and putting on your makeup in it.. But I would totally mess it up in 5 minutes. haha

MikuNerd65

I usually get up and wash my face...with my pjs on, and put on whatever else my face needs. after that I stay in my pjs, cause I tend to make a mess. Wither it's the sink or my shirt. After that I get dressed knowing I won't get messy. 

missey1973

[ Edited ]

I guess I am the opposite. I get dressed first. I don't like pulling shirts over my head and messing my hair up after I have fixed it. I also dont like getting makeup on the neck of my shirt from pulling that over my face.

KellyJ1028

I usually get up, shower and begin to put on my make up. I always wear pj bottoms or yoga pants with a tank top while getting ready. Whether it is a work day or weekend getting dressed is the last thing I do.

Comfort is a biggie for me... :smileywink:

SydBristow

I feel like I'm missing something...how does makeup get on clothes? I don't think I've had that happen. 

YouAreAlways

I always always get fallout powder, blush, bonzer, prob not enough for it to be a big deal unless I was wearing all black or all white. 

heartsmyface

I have over vigorously pumped foundation onto myself before. Lol!  It really does happen! 

starletta8

Powder fallout, rubbing foundation, etc.

I try to limit my dry cleaning bills...

DiVWA

I tend to be a little bit sloppy. I've gotten foundation on my clothes, as well as mascara and eyeliner.

JayReed

I had this same "ah hah" moment, I bought a black robe from VS and use it. I agree it always makes me feel cuter while getting dressed.

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

I usually wear pajamas or yoga pants and some sort of tank top. Getting dressed is always the last thing I do, even if I'm not getting dressed up that day. I'm one of those people who always likes to be in comfy clothing when I am at home though. It is how I have always been!

Best,
Randee
miabt

That totally makes sense!  I'm so weird though, I dont like my pjs getting dirty :smileysad:  And ohh my, if I got makeup on my lululemon pants & ruined them, I think I'd cry!!

RandeeBT

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't wear any of my lululemon pants or lucy pants getting ready because I would be sad if something happened to them too! I usually just wear less awesome, inexpensive yoga pants from TJ Maxx :smileywink:.

Best,
Randee
heartsmyface

That's funny cause I treat my lululemons as disposable. I must have 40+ pairs of their run shorts and even more of their tanks.  New gym clothes keep me motivated to stay in shape. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • misscg
    • friedrice
    • floridab
    • miabt
    • starletta8
    • SydBristow