onomotopoeia9

WHat is your holy grail fragrance?

[ Edited ]

For whoever didn't realize, its TRIPLE POINTS on your entire purchase if you buy a fragrace this week.

SO in honor of that,,,

I know we might have collections of samples, rollerballs, and fullsize, but there's always that one favorite...which is yours?

Feel free to explain why u like it (gripes are welcome too!)

I'm Flowerbomb, hands down. I feel like it is versatile enough for me to wear at various occasions...however, I find that it wears off really quickly....I'm moving on to prada candy, but sephora doesn't have a rollerball yet.

dannyc

Re: WHat is your holy grail fragrance?

I used to have 2 signature fragrances made from the Sak's fragrance counter; one was similar to the Gueralin Lily of The Valley for Summer (my all time favorite flower/scent) and a spicier one for Winter. My Sak's doesn't have a fragrance bar anymore, and I don't have a similar alternative near me now so I'm stuck buying brand fragrances.

In the Summer I love Fresh fragrances. I use the Sugar Acai age delay body lotion, the deodorant & then a sprits of the Lychee perfume. They blend nicely together without being over powering. 

I also started to wear Miss Dior more. It's not the same as Cherie, but it smells good on me. I'm milking my Dior Bronze Sweet Summer perfume! It's more like eye candy now with less than 1/8 of the bottle left :smileysad: 

In the winter I like to alternate between Spicebomb, Burberry Brit & Vera Wang Princess. 

dianabt

LOVE this post, I have a hard time deciding on just one.. My scent for YEARS was Chanel Chance but lately I have been in love with my Fendi Fan di Fendi toilette as well as the Escada Cherry in the Air:

Fendi - Fan di Fendi Eau de Toilette

Escada - Cherry In The Air

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
beautylovingirl

@banachoox3- The green one by Chanel is Eau Frachise  and it does smell really good. I may have to add that one back into the rotation for summer. I never can pick just one I don't even know why I try:smileytongue:

MoreGun89

I love the Disney Jasmine one!  It's just so subtle, gorgeous, and doesn't give me a headache by the end of the day :smileyvery-happy:

sephoramusthave

swfupload_9082195027073962914.jpgHonestly, I don't think I have one. I tend to fall in love with a new scent all the time---although I do usually gravitate towards the more tropical/sweet scents and they are quite similar. The only bottle that I have repurchased more than once is Hilary Duff with love, its just so sweet and warm and totally me. I think I went through 3 bottles and buy it whenever I see it in store no matter how many fragrances I have at home (I usually find it on sale at tjmaxx for such a nice price that not buying it would be criminal because I used to only be able to find it at kohls and its full price there).

emmaclaire

Stella McCartney, L.I.L.Y.  Lilies are my favorite flowers, and this perfume is just absolutely stunning.  It's floral without smelling "old" or overly powdery, it's light and fresh without being too summery or young, and it's got a musk that isn't overwhelming or heavy.  It's also not cloying or sickly sweet.  I don't know a TON about perfume, but whenever I smell this, I really am reminded of a fresh picked lily on a spring day, covered in dewdrops!

aviscardi

I'm not sure i can say, i have so many that i alternate daily. i was sad when my Kenzo d'ete was discontinued so now im trying to finish up the bottle. i have finished 2 small bottles of RL romance, on my 3rd- i think its a 2.5oz size.   Otherwise ive been loving Gucci gorgeous gardenia. 

lylysa

Though I'm more apt to change my fragrance by mood, a staple of mine has been Issey Miyake's Florale. Since it launched I've run through about 3 bottles. The only other fragrance I've made it a point to repurchase is Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon Le Secret.

The IMF scent was a huge departure for me in terms of what I normally wore, which were more gourmand, sweet fragrances with base notes of vanilla or amber. This was much lighter, airy, and feminine due to the white woods and use of rose. Normally rose fragrances rub me the wrong way because they end up smelling too artificial due to a perfume trying to make it too heavy, but IMF does a great job at balancing. It allows you to still get right off the bat the scent is distinctly rose, but allows it to trail and linger naturally rather than be in over abundance. It also happens to be the scent I was wearing regularly when my b/f and I started dating and he instantly loved it. So now I also pair my love for the fragrance to the memory of us! :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

It really depends for me. I like to switch it up every so often, mostly due to weather. Right now I'm smelling like Victoria Secret Bombshell in Italian Iris. My summer fragrance. I love Escada's Perfume (Cherries in the Air, and Rockin Rio), Coach Poppy, Juicy Couture(Viva la Juicy), Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia, and Chanel Chance(green one). I have a ton of samples to go through that are still sitting in storage.

crayzeeRN

Eeeek I can't be good and just pick one!

Coach Signature and Hanae Mori Butterfly! Just depends on what mood I'm in :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Hanae Mori is beauuuutiful! I got a sample with an order once and am so glad I tried it! I managed to grab another sample with my last order!

crayzeeRN

Same here! It came with a small bag of sephora samples in an online order- I sprayed it on my wrist and basically had my nose glued to my wrist smelling it all day, haha!

lylysa

Yesssss!!!! It's definitely captivating and makes you go back to sniff and whiff to see how it changes/develops!

mityren

[ Edited ]

I looove perfumes and good smellys.  I have an entire drawer full and self full. I have almost every scent Victorias secret makes, Chloe Kat Von D  Tocca  DKNY etc.

My HG though is Chanel No 5. I let myself "treat" myself a couple times a year. I think its so feminine and sophisticated. To  me it screams classy.

The others i grab most often is Love Spell by Victorias secret or just plain rose water which I cant live without. Its a great pick me up during a long day at work and makes me feel fresh and happy.

LKuhle

I wore Clinique Happy for YEARS. And I mean it was probably close to 15 years. But then I discovered BCBG MAXAZRIA and I absolutely love it. It's the first perfume that's caused me to switch.

swfupload_8616702508686396719.jpg

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

I like the bottle design! (of course, its whats inside that counts lol, but its a nice bonus!)

maltipoo66

I absolutely loved Escada's Taj Sunset perfume, but I don't believe Sephora carries it anymore....right now I'm using Ralph Lauren's Pony Collection #2 rollerball, but I also really like Viva La Juicy and would like to try Flowerbomb soon.

emmaclaire

I also like Viva La Juicy, but I found that it sometimes smelled too  heavy and sweet on me, which made it come across as a less delicate and almost a "too-young" fragrance.  It is still a lovely scent and I wear it on occasion (with a light hand!), but if you're looking for a floral scent you should also check out L.I.L.Y.!

beautylovingirl

I love DKNY delicious too but don't wear it as much as I used too.

poemelyric

Ann Taylor's Chic is my all time fav...  It's beautiful and yet classic.  That and J'Adore by Dior.  Also classic.  I work in an office so it's not overpowering.  Not too out there.  When I go out though, it's definitely Kat Von D.  Any Kat Von D! I have them all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 69 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa