Variation on No buy

jxw200

Variation on No buy

Inspired by the count if you dare thread & project 10 pan & the fact that i'm in DESPERATE need of a no-buy, my boyfriend thought of a new challenge! Since i've already counted how many of each type of product i have, now i'm going to decide how many of each i must use up before i can buy another.

i think this will be slightly easier to accomplish than a flat out no buy (at least for me!) Plus these are the categories where I just have more than necessary. 

So i will finish:

7 blush/bronzers

7 eyeliners

10 eyeshadows

10 lip glosses

2 lip sticks

1 primer

2 mascaras

i also don't need any makeup brushes or remover wipes.

So i can't purchase anything in those categories until I've accomplished this! (And i will update my 10 pan sometime to reflect this)

Hmm i wonder what we should call this challenge?

PS based on the way i've organized my makeup, i sometimes will say I can't buy any more of a certain product bc that drawer/case/container is full. do you guys do this/does it work? 

katie723

Re: Variation on No buy

o. m. g. is all i can say, jxw200!

you must go on an infinite bronzer no buy! LOL! :smileytongue: you've got great bronzers to work with already!

jxw200

I just realized I have a nars multiple duo that hs the st Bart's shade, so there's another one...

At least alot of the ones I have aren't full size! I can't imagine how long that would take... Seriously nearly everything looks new! Ahhhhh
geminibreeze

@ Katie what do you think of the It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product? I heard quite a bit about it and have considered trying it lol . I really have to sit down and go through my stash to and do this. Guilty as charged lol.

katie723

@geminibreeze, do this challenge! it's a really big EYE OPENER, seriously! i just need to visit my list every so often to remind myself of it!

I really like the Its a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product... I don't think it's done anything miraculous to my hair, my hair is naturally straight and shiny. But, I love using it throughout my hair as a heat protectant product (which is one of the 10 claims) because the consistency is like a leave-in treatment so when i blow dry my hair w/ a brush, i feel like it smooths out any stubborn waves making my hair nice and super straight while also protecting it from heat. I DONT like it in my bangs because of the thick consistency... I don't style my bangs, I just keep them simple and swept to the side with a paddle brush. When I put the Its a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product in my bangs, it made them curl up and do weird things that I don't want it to. 

I do want to try the Aveda Damage Remedy leave-in product! It's sounds amazinggggggggg! I'd have to cought up $35 for it, though :smileysad:

jxw200

Dont worry geminibreeze! Even though I've organized and set all these goals I haven't really followed them. Though it did feel great to organize and give away/swap/etc things I didn't need!
jxw200

[ Edited ]
Katie that's what I meant too! I can't believe the amount of stuff I've collected.

Don't think I've ever finished a nail polish either. I used to have a thing for dark wine/berry/magenta colors so I have quite alot of those - I listed a bunch for swap and even gave a polish to my bf's mom lol

I have way too much stuff and I can't even decide what products would be on my list! Just anything at all would be satisfying lol. I broke my no buy too but I did have gift cards... So does that count? I only spent $7 actual dollars on my f&f order of super expensive guerlain Bronzer! And then yesterday at sephora in San Fran I picked up a few things with some store credit from a return. (nails inc nail polish, jack black grapefruit &ginger lip balm & dior quint in earth reflection)

so pretty much everything I said I couldn't buy more of here I went and bought one of! Yikes!
katie723

@jxw200 good question! i dont know if that counts as breaking your no-buy if you used a gift card! you were on vacation anyway, so i'll let it slide! :smileywink:

hows the nail polish?! and i soooooo wanted to try the jack black balms!! tell me how you like it!

jxw200

[ Edited ]
I really like the jack black balms! Great flavors and very moisturizing & pretty long lasting. I think I like this best - the only other thing I've found super healing is befine's lip serum. Alot of balms leave my lips dry when they wear off (or like the same chappedness they were before lol) and these don't.

I like fresh sugar lip stuff too, but again not for moisture/healing! They have great texture, flavor & color and are nice lip balms but not as great at healing lips! (mine get pretty dry/flaky as soon as it gets cold and I sometimes pick them so I find that the jack black & befine options even out the dryness so I don't pick them!)

Nails inc polish seems really nice! It went on super smooth and not streaky or anything when I tested it in store. I wasn't super careful either and it looked like 1 coat would be opaque & pretty on its own!
katie723

ouch, bad @jxw200 for picking at your chapped lips! LOL! i cringed when i read that! now i really want to try the jack black lip balms!

i find Befine's serum interesting... i havent grown on it yet. Did you get that in your birchbox? Cuz i did! :smileyhappy: I wish it came with both the exfoliator and serum =(

the nail polish sounds good! too bad i cant buy anything for the whole monthh!

jxw200

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts
Katie, I actually discovered it a few years ago when I interned at a pr firm! They represented befine :smileyhappy: did you like your birch box? I canceled mine in August when I realized it had been a month or two since I'd gotten anything I was interested in. Plus I'd subscribed since September 2010! And then I realized how many products from the boxes that were still unused and decided I should save my $10 unless the boxes got really good again! Lol

Anyway I agree it's "interesting" lol and I find I love using it when I go to bed (dry Chicago winters just kill my lips!) I never really use it during the day. I think I have the lip exfoliant somewhere too hmmm
jxw200

(0) Hearts

i want to buy a guerlain bronzer. ahhhhh 

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I cant wait until November No Buy ends so that I can start Christmas shopping! :smileyvery-happy:

katie723

hey sephoramusthave,

do you mean xmas shopping for yourself or for others? it got me thinking if buying beauty/makeup items for others violates the no-buy?! if so, uh-oh!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

For others. ( and yes, a no buy means no spending money on anything beauty related unless you completely run out of something..period.) 

I'm seriously set with beauty items for this year. Sure there are things I want to get, but nothing I need. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • jxw200
    • katie723
    • geminibreeze
    • dianabt