shortstuff07

Vanity Upgrade Questions

So I'm looking to upgrade and get a vanity, but I have some questions.  Does anyone have the acrylic lipstick holder from the Container Store?  Does it hold OCC lip tars well or no?  Any container suggestions, store recommendations, advice you wish you'd had when making yours?  This is the desk I'm looking at, does anyone have it or the Alex system from IKEA?  I'm also thinking I'm going to paint it, as white seems a bit too sterile for a make up super station.  I'm super excited but a bit nervous as well!24LIpstickAcrylicOrganizer_x.jpg

MakeupJunkie666

Re: Vanity Upgrade Questions

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't have full size lip tars but I put my mini's in a little drawer organizer tray. 

lip drawer.jpg
The bulk of my lip products are in this drawer but my full size lipsticks are on my main vanity

shortstuff07

This is where I'm at thus far… I really love the lipstick holders from the Container Store!  I have 5 of the 24 set dedicated to lip products, and 1 24 for roller balls and fragrance samples, which works very well!  I picked up an acrylic spice rack as well, it holds the butter polishes beautifully!  I'm still waiting to get my actual vanity, but I think this is a reasonable start.  :smileyhappy:1800435_10152174816623991_739095278_n.jpg1969228_10152175048138991_686430231_n.jpg1798506_10152178033828991_624281507_n.jpg

original.jpegoriginal-4.jpegoriginal-2.jpeg

hadtotryit

(0) Hearts

I'm speechless.... lol. Simply awe-inspiring. I'm thinking that finding the right vanity is a bit of a challenge. I love the idea about using them for the perfume... If I'm happy with the quality of the acrylic's I'll have to re-order. Thanks for the great photos. 

MakeupJunkie666

(0) Hearts

I love your organization and collection!! 

hadtotryit

I found a great site that sells the acrylic lipstick holders. There are two size options, one for a quantity of 12 (under $4) and one for a quantity of 24 (under $7). The prices are so reasonable! They have a $25 minimum purchase requirement but I found LOTS of things on this site so I got to the minimum easily. I actually just posted on a makeup spatulas thread that I found seriously good prices/high quantity on the same website. I also ordered some mini funnels (I think I got around 20 for less than $1.  My order was about $30 and my shipping was about $11 for FedEx which I admit is pretty expensive. If you look at the entire site they sell all kinds of bottles, makeup sponges, brushes, makeup bags, drawstring gift bags, etc. All the prices seem to be what one would expect for wholesale. In fact, they seem to be geared towards those in the beauty profession as they also offer custom imprinting. 

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

shortstuff07

I'm going to look into this site very soon!  I ended up getting a lot of acrylic from the Container Store, as there's two stores I can readily access without shipping, and if I hated them, they're easy to return.  The spatulas and funnels would be super handy, thanks for sharing lady!  :smileyhappy:

YouAreAlways

Holy junk!! Good find!!!

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

Winners/ Home scene/ Tj max/ Marshals seem to have a bunch of them this month. 

itsjaimiehere

They definitely fit...

image.jpg

shortstuff07

Ahhh!  And I bet you can flip them upside down to keep them mixed!  :smileyhappy:

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

Definitely! They slide around a little bit that way, but it still works :smileyhappy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

I don't think lip tars will fit in that acrylic holder, but perhaps consider a shallow jar or bowl to hold them? That tends to look super cute on a vanity.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Derienjocelyn

My boyfriend just got me a beautiful vanity for christmas! I've been waiting for  a long time for one just didn't want to cough up the money for it! Anyways i just got a bunch of different storage/organizer units from bed bath and beyond ( a little pricey ) and target! 

This is my vanity and now from this post i might buy alex from ikea too and paint it black! vanity.jpg

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

This is the one I am looking at too! 

Teresaanne92

That is beautiful! What a keeper! :smileywink:

Derienjocelyn

I agree! it only took 7 years of training :smileywink: but it was worth it!

viviene23

@shortstuff

Here as promised :-)

org1.2.jpg

It does not fit marc jacobs showstopper or burberry  but fits ysl lipsticks.

org1.3.jpg

I dont know if you can compare the lip tar to  benefit's plush lipgloss size

but as you can see wide end of it doesn't fit

org1.4.jpg
org1.5.jpg

As for Ikea alex organization...I'm lazy so I just bought myself some organizing trays from ikea and container store.

upload_2496912170085158018.jpgupload_433739119205636984.jpgupload_1416348826782108455.jpgupload_6465826423017906763.jpg

bad823

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, where is the polish rack from?? I need one!

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I found this one on Amazon, but I don't think it's going to fit my butter's the way I want (I'm lining them up sideways instead so they won't take up as much room).  I did find this one from the Container Store, that I think will work the way I want and hold up better, plus it's expandable.  The reviews for the first one have me a little hesitant as well, while being able to return the second to an actual store is a little less nerve racking. 10061087_ExpndblLinusCbntOrg_x.jpg

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

I bought a wall-mounted one from Amazon, and it fits my Butter London's sideways :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • jxw200
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • viviene23
    • aggiegirl2012
    • IllegallyBlonde