shortstuff07

Vanity Upgrade Questions

So I'm looking to upgrade and get a vanity, but I have some questions.  Does anyone have the acrylic lipstick holder from the Container Store?  Does it hold OCC lip tars well or no?  Any container suggestions, store recommendations, advice you wish you'd had when making yours?  This is the desk I'm looking at, does anyone have it or the Alex system from IKEA?  I'm also thinking I'm going to paint it, as white seems a bit too sterile for a make up super station.  I'm super excited but a bit nervous as well!24LIpstickAcrylicOrganizer_x.jpg

SallieSunshine

Re: Vanity Upgrade Questions

Related comment on The Container Store:  I have an acrylic holder with a removable piece for 10 lipsticks that's sold at The Container Store.  When I looked for it in store, they were all scratched on the bottom.  I searched later online, and found the exact same piece on Overstock for half the cost.  

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I didn't find one on overstock, but I am going to run to the container store to see if they'll fit the brands I have.  

viviene23

[ Edited ]

I have it...I can take a pic for you tomorrow. I dont have lip tars anymore  so I dont know if it would fit. I also have the alex 9 drawers...I'm not sure what your question is, but I like the drawers because it keeps my makeup away from sunlight and each drawer has perfect depth for cosmetics.

This is what inspired my vanity ( similar except i'm using custom made dressing table). I was so excited as well when I was putting together my vanity...hope everything works out for you :-)

upload_1890885353259638887.jpg

Nicrohr

Love the vanity, this is just what I was thinking of doing in our spare bedroom!

(also bc my BF hates my stuff in the bathroom and we have (literally) zero counter space, just a sink and it's hard to do make up in there!)

I could look up Lisa Bethany, but does anyone know what product (ikea? no?) that desky thing is?

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

We're moving in March and I might have mentioned that I need a room specifically for this.  He'll have his counter space back, and I can leave my stuff out if necessary without worrying about him spilling on it.  

Not sure on the desk, looks like it could be Ikea though.

Drawers are Ikea though.

sparklekai

i have the malm dressing table and 2 alex 9 drawers & love it!!!! i have more than enough space for everything plus room to grow...i do also use it for non-beauty related things

Nicrohr

Nevermind - found it :smileyhappy:.

It's the MALM Dressing Table.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

1.  That vanity set up is lovely, although I think it needs more lighting, but that's just me.

2.  If you have time to post photos, I'd appreciate it.  I was wondering about the depth and what dividers you use to separate everything.  

3.  I'm really excited, and so is the boyfriend!  He's tired of me taking over his side of the counter with cosmetics!

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

Also, mine would be PINK!  :smileyhappy:

MikuNerd65

That is just tooo CUTE!!! I'm jealous!

annypoo

This is gorgeous

beethousand

I don't have the Container Store one, but I did look at it in store before buying the one I eventually purchased (60 spot holder from Amazon), and the two look to be roughly the same size in width; however, mine seems to have taller slots, so the OCC fits pretty well. I think the older style tube would fit well, but the newer ones might be a little unbalanced. I do think it would work, but it may get annoying over time.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I can't do annoying, I think I'll have to run in with a few of mine to test it out.  I just love the idea of having them out on display.  

shortstuff07

91WtfxEZvJL._SL1500_.jpgAnd the polish rack!!  I'm hoping it will fit my butter's so I can leave them out and actually locate the color I want!

sugarkenzie

I have been eyeing this for a while now, possibly for a combination of polishes and fragrance minis.  Did anyone ever try to fit fragrance minis on this?

It's such a cute display rack!

LindaDD

(0) Hearts

I have this exact acrylic rack and I repurposed it to hold my perfume minis and some skincare items (Caudalie oil and beauty elixir, sunscreen, OH serum, etc). It makes me so happy to see my minis displayed. The only ones that were too bit to fit were my Toccas and CK Downtown.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

According to Amazon, it's barely an inch wide per shelf, so it might be a stretch.  I think a spice rack from the Container Store would probably work well, as the shelves are wider.

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

linnmon-alex-table__0199908_PE358591_S4.JPGFor some reason I'm having a hard time getting the photos to post!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • jxw200
    • drrragon
    • janinebt
    • viviene23
    • aggiegirl2012
    • IllegallyBlonde