cspriverratz

Vacation Must-Haves!

Hi everyone! I'm a week away from my Florida vacation, so exited! Of course that means I have to pack ): it's hard deciding what beauty products to take and what to leave behind! I was wondering if any of you other Beauty Insiders/VIBs had vacation plans, and if so what beauty products are you bringing with you? It would be lovely to hear what everyone is doing for the summer!

I'm taking:

Neutrogena sunscreen SPF 50

Smashbox BB Cream

Benefit Porefessional mini

Cover FX Matte Setting Powder mini

Sephora Sun Disk Bronzer 

Nars Blush

Anastasia Eye Brow Pencil

Buxom Lash Waterproof

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Urban Decay Naked Palette

Eos Lipbalm

Korres Lip Butter

Benefit Benetint mini

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl mini

Stila Afterglow Lip Color

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

Marc Jacobs Daisy rollerball

Viva La Juicy/La Fleur rollerball duo

B&B Surf Spray

lylysa

Re: Vacation Must-Haves!

(0) Hearts

I love that you're bringing so many minis! It will also come in handy to have in your purse to touch up or take a day look to night without having to revamp your whole look!

I would add/suggest blotting sheets, just so you're not relying solely on powder to touch up shine, Benefit's Porefessional can also be tapped over make up to absorb/control shine as well!

You might look into a lip exfoliator just to keep lips smooth, the summer sun can wreck havoc and dry lips out, even if you're constantly replenishing with lip balm, you can always use regular table sugar to lightly polish/buff at your lips though, you might even look into a lip balm with SPF for added protection.

mafan

Don't forget waterproof mascara. I put on stuff that wasn't waterproof yesterday, and in 90+ degree weather it wasn't pretty. 

voxover

(0) Hearts

I'm bringing all of my sun safety kit to try out all of the SPF and BB and CC stuff for sure and some good sunscreens that won't break out my oily acne-prone skin (Please feel free to give recommendations, everybody! :smileyhappy: ). The bag is big, so I think I can fit just about all of my makeup and skincare items in there if I want to lol.

Other than that, I'll be sure to pack:

-Foundation and concealer even though I'm trying to lay off it
-Blistex SPF 15 medicated lip balm and others with higher SPF's.

-Trader Joe's sunscreen

-Trader Joe's jojoba oil for gentle makeup removal and then Cetaphil soap after that.

-Murad's acne line and Peter Thomas Roth's amazing Sulfur Cooling Masque for any cysts and white heads that dare even try. (If these products keep it up, it's looking like I'll might finally get my acne under control by the time I visit the beach!).

-Witch hazel in case there's any acne outbreaks on my back and shoulders from sunscreen

-Waterproof eyeliner

-2-3 lipsticks

-2 nail polishes 

-My really handy all-in-one Sephora eyeshadow, lipgloss and blush pallete

-Tweezers so there will be no stray eyebrows

--Josie Maran Argon Balm in case I need intense hydration

-If anyone's interested, I'd like to suggest Korres Cooling Gel. I haven't used it after being out in the sun yet, but it's wonderfully cooling on my acne-prone sensitive skin, so I imagine it's great for sunburn too.

-I'm probably taking all of my skincare/makeup items (even non-essentials) so they don't go bad/get damaged from heat exposure in the house and my new bag can probably fit it lol.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I am going as an adult chaperone on a teen mission trip in 2 weeks and I am really in a quandry about what to bring.  I don't like to go without makeupof some kind!  We will be getiing up in the mornings and going out on jobs, then coming back in the afternoons for showers.  I'm thinking of just wearing concealer, powder, blush, tinted moisturizer, mascara and lots of sunscreen for working outdoors in the heat.  Then wearing Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with a simplified makeup routine for evenings hanging out with the teenagers.  I have considered trying a clear mascara for working outdoors since I have dark eyelashes.  Any suggestions?

mafan

Janine, Aqualillies is great. I love that it has a blush, highlighter and bronzer that all look good on me and I probably won't bother with others. (My small Hoola and Coralista did come along for the holiday weekend but I don't know that I would bother again.) I can vouch that they are waterproof on me, as I swam laps in them.

Melissa, unless you don't wear mascara, don't forget to bring something waterproof, too. 

I agree, this is a great time to use up samples. I at least got through some packets last weekend. 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

What brush/es do you use with Aqualillies? I've been eye balling it for my weekends adventures, but not sure since I don't know which brushes to use.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I have this set of brushes:

http://www.sephora.com/advanced-airbrush-set-P280421?skuId=1302371

And they're almost the only brushes that I use.  I keep them on the counter at home and pack them when I travel.  I used the shadow and the crease brush for my eyes and the powder brush for the highlighter, bronzer and blush.  Others might do differently, but this works for me.  (I also stick a few extra brushes in my case, so I have a smudge brush that I used with the darkest brown instead of eyeliner and I have a domed powder brush that I use with a finishing powder.)

The palette is quite good size (about the size of DVD, but thicker) so you can use whatever brushes you would usually use for your eyes, bronzer, blush, etc.  Nothing here is too small for your usual brushes.

melissabt

Oh what a fun post, I'm like seeing what everyone else brings it gives me some ideas.

Small palette. I have a few from Too Faced (they're the size of about a credit card)

SPF Spray I think I might be purchasing the one from Sephora Collection soon SPF 30 Sunscreen Body Mist

A body bronzer! St. Tropez one night only

Make Up Forever HD and a BB cream

Illamasqua Cream blush

Bronzer Laguna or Benefit Hoola

Lots of gloss and lipstick. Bright corals, pinks and lavender tones.

Sephora Collection Self Tanning Spray (in case I get tan lines)

PTR scrub for face and body

Josie SPF moisturizer

Fresh Soy Face Moisturizer

Tweezerman

<3 Melissa
sephoralovex

Possibly traveling back home to visit. Hopefully will make travel plans elsewhere too..

I'm taking:

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation

Cover FX Matte Setting Powder Mini

Benefit Fake Up

Benefit Boi-ing

NARS Deep Throat Blush

ELF Peachy Keen Blush

NARS Laguna Bronzer

Benefit Watts Up

Benefit Eyebrow Pencil

Benefit Stay Don't Stray

Mascara/Eyeliners

TheBalm Nude'Tude Palette

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick

Illamasqua Lipsticks

janinebt

Tis the season for summer traveling! I'll be going to Hawaii in just a few months. Although I haven't come up with a set list as to what I'm bringing my usual favorite things to travel with include:

-One day time palette (I'll probably bring the new Aqualillies one along)

-A night palette (I have a really cute Dior palette that just has black and grey shadows)

-A BB Cream

-A powder foundation

-One or two rollerballs

-My brow kit

-My blush palette (the Tarina Blush palette, which we unfortunately no longer sell, really comes in handy for traveling)

-About 3-4 lipsticks, plus a lip balm

-A mini mascara

-A travel sized shampoo/conditioner/stying product kit

-Sunscreen

-Three eyeliners (usually black, brown, and nude)

-Setting spray

I pretty much have my routine down to a T. I'll usually just dedicate my makeup pouch to housing things like brushes and primers; everything else goes into a travel sized makeup case.

I find that traveling is an EXCELLENT time to bust out those samples that we all hoard. They're small and usually run out before your vacation is up, which means more room in your luggage for souvenirs.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
aviscardi

No plans here but ive found out that less is more when i pack. i usually overpack and realize that i never wear half the stuff i bring.  I went to New Orleans last May and it was so hot i didn't want to wear so much makeup especially since i was  out all the time and not going to and from work. 

marydiva

Honestly, I hadn't decided yet! I hate that I can't just take my giant Sephora trunk as a carry-on b/c I don't want semi-liquid products or liquid products to get confiscated and/or thrown away.
I'll probably just pack a bag of makeup and throw it into my suitcase.

Neutrogena Moisturizer SPF 15
Neutrogena Sunscreen SPF 50
BareMinerals Full Precision Brush & Concealer Brush
BareMinerals READY Foundation
BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil & Brush
NARS Blush in Orgasm & Blush Brush
Urband Decay Primer Potion
Sephora Eye Makeup Smokey Eye Brush Set
Urban Decay Glinda Palette
Urban Decay Naked 2
BUXOM eyeliner in Onyx
L'Oreal Eyeliner Marker in Blackest Black