VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS !

i have a secret love of watching vintage beauty ads, but i just came across these tutorials and i had to share. i can't get enough. i love how some advice is clearly very dated, and some is undeniably timeless ! 

1930s

1940s

1950s (i'm having trouble finding a proper 50s one)

1960s

Re: VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS !

(0) Hearts

MAYBELLINE eyebrow & liner pencil, 1950s

IMG_0280.JPG

Not a vintage video or tutorial but loook at the fierce makeup in the 'too much' music video

I remember graduating high school thinking that Spice Girls were retro, what does that even say about now?! 

not quite vintage, but in my world definitely retro. I HAD THIS LIPSTICK. no idea what color, but given all i wore in my early makeup days was uber nudes or pale baby pinks, i imagine it was something of the latter.

MAYBELLINE wet shine lipstick (early 00s ?)

ok in the far less cynical beauty advert world, this N.7 ad from 1986 is legit fun.

(0) Hearts

ummmmmmmm. what exactly are we talking about here ? lipstick orrrrr...... ?

REVLON 1980 soft lash "sponge on" mascara.

serge lutens applying makeup at Dior 1973

baking.....in 1960 !

notice how rough the makeup artist is ! and she applies eyeshadow with fingers Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

shiseido 1974

bold hold hairspray 1988/89

Great find, I love watching these ads! 😊

[ Edited ]

is 2001 vintage ? nah. but maybe slightly retro to our aging eyes Smiley Wink this commercial was brought to my attention, and i'm highly amused by it because seeing the packaging took me down a nostalgia spiral, as i used this foundation (surprising, as until LOREAL true match launched, i could never find a drugstore foundation that matched my skintone). i don't remember anything about this foundation other than that distantly familiarity of the packaging of a much-used product Smiley Happy

Maybelline Ever Fresh Foundation (feat. sarah michelle gellar)

I remember that commercial; and purchasing the foundation, as well. Geez that makes me feel old..lol! 😊

perhaps the most famous of the chanel no. 5 commercials. this one is from 1986, and brought a renewed attention and boost to nina simone's career (for the song featured). 

i find this one highly amusing because this is the toothpaste i remember my mom always using--i'm pretty sure she still does ! so now i'm wondering if she's been using it since the 70s !

NEVER FORGET: TOPSY TAIL ! (1993).

As a kid I wanted a Topsy Tail so bad that my sister and I made me one out of a hanger!  Not the most comfortable thing but it worked!  Good find Jem.

japanese, 1968. AMAZING.

(0) Hearts

I love you @jemly for this thread. 

I particularly love this video, especially when one says "when spring comes, be like little children!". 

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • mrclean.gif
  • IMG_0280.JPG