poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Sephora brand products

Sephora's own line -- admittedly -- has some of the best products, whether it be skincare or makeup. What are some of your favorites?

sephora.JPG

(L-R):

-Waterproof eye makeup remover: My HG makeup remover that works just as well as Lancome's Bifacil!

-Acne fighting roll on gel: I can't stand the smell of Kate Somerville's Eradikate (nor Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion) and certainly not the white stain both leave behind. This has replaced both upon discovery.

-Jumbo Eye Pencil in Taupe: I've loved all the jumbo eye pencils I've ever tried from Sephora's line, and I find they perform even better than Urban Decay's 24-7 pencil shadows at times!

-Sephora X Shine Top Coat: An amazing long lasting top coat that gives a gel like shine to nails. So glad to see the re-launching of Sephora X in early October! :smileyhappy:

-Instant nail polish remover: While it does take longer to remove glitter polishes, this stuff does what the name says in terms of removing regular nail polishes: instant removal.

shinybananas

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Sephora brand products

The eye blending brush and the rouge cream lipstick.  A steal at $12.  I have it in Mr. Lover and it's a staple!

swfupload_6946102695411939677.jpg

poshified

(0) Hearts

That's a gorgeous shade!!

spacesuit

I've been meaning to try more Sephora brand stuff. I have a couple eyeshadows from the clearance bin, and a friend bought me one of the skinny brush rolls for my birthday (decent quality, especially for traveling). Their pencil liners are supposed to be good too, I've had my eye on a bright yellow one even though I have no idea how I would wear it.

poshified

I wish Sephora would make the Prisma Chrome shadows permanent!

swfupload_2996111713559175397.jpeg

desertbr4t

these are the bomb! just use it wet or damp. i love these

poshified

(0) Hearts

I believe Sephora wanted to mimic Laura Mercier's illuminating eye colors. But for a fraction of the price with the same performance, I'll stick to Sephora's :smileyvery-happy:

midnightangel

I dig those too! Verrrry tempted by the black one. :smileywink:

poshified

(0) Hearts

Definitely recommend picking it up if they're still available at your local Sephora :smileyhappy:

spacesuit

I love the look of those, they look like little shiny cushions! I recently picked up a couple of the Microsmooth baked shadow trios from the sale bin, I'm pretty happy with them.

poshified

(0) Hearts

They're so metallic; I highly recommend picking up a few if you ever see them in the sales bin :smileyhappy:

warriorwitch

I love doing yellow liner with blue eyeshadow (especially bright blue). I always get compliments when I wear looks utilizing blue and yellow together.

bisoubisou

I have dry skin- especially in the winter, so I can't live without Sephora's Intensive Moisturizer. I also love the packaging and the smell!

poshified

(0) Hearts

The smell in the products is inoffensive, thankfully!

spedteacher74

I love the roll on depuffing gel and the age defy night cream for the winter months. (purple container). 

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'll have to check out the depuffing gel!

Titian06

(Sorry, I'm unable to edit my post.)

I also have a few of Sephora's make-up brushes.  They're probably my favorite brushes of all the brands I have.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Remember the Sephora 55 Airbrush brush? That was one of my faves, and the new version just doesn't apply as well.

swfupload_7113378589110007285.jpg

vanillammm

I just got one of these in a set I purchased on ebay!

I really purchased the set for #49 the angled blush brush, and #57 the airbrush concealer, but it also came with this one, the pro brow comb and the flat foundation brush from the same line.

What are your favorite things to use it for? Powder, blush, bronzer, foundation, contouring??? Please tell!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness, I used it for everything! :smileyhappy: It applies finishing powder slightly better than liquid foundation, I think, but it works great for both. It's also amazing for warming up the face with bronzer, but not as good for contouring cheekbones since it's not as precise. Some days I'll be lazy and use it for bronzer, wipe it off and then go in blush.

vanillammm

[ Edited ]

Yes, they have some amazing quality brushes. I don't know why that didn't occur to me when I posted before.

L.O.V.E. the pro bronzer brush #48 with the white goat hair that they discontinued last summer when they revamped the line. The new version just doesn't blend as immaculately.

bronzerBrush.JPG

bisoubisou

I also have to co-sign on the brushes! I bought a whole stash when they had them on sale a few weeks ago.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • dannyc
    • wendyomgwar
    • ladyace74
    • bisoubisou
    • poshified
    • lucyshnoosy