Tuesday Top 5: Regret Purchases

poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Regret Purchases

In helping DoctorsMrs and others who have jumped on the No Buy for the rest of August wagon, I thought that rounding up a few regret purchases would be a good topic :smileyhappy:

r.JPG

-Chantecaille Save the Sharks: Chantecaille makes some of the best eyeshadows and blushes, but this palette was an utter flop. The eyeshadows were extremely chalky and the blush color difficult to pick up, but the palette as a whole just clashed with my skintone.

-Sigma Paris palette: Wanting to support a couple of my favorite Youtube gurus who participated in the making of this palette, I bought this when it first came out. Let's just say Sigma should stick to brushes. The fall out is absolutely ridiculous and pigmentation is lacking!

-Buxom Pug cream shadow: This is an exact dupe of Chanel's Illusion D'ombre in Illusoire. The thing that makes it different is, well, the quality. This shadow not only popped out of the jar after just six months (and with proper storage) but has also a greasy film on top.

-NYX Butter Lip Glosses: Good grief! These were sticky, patchy, and just plain awful. On my lips, they pretty much just slip and slide. Am I the only one who finds these over-hyped??

-MAC Lady Gaga Lipglass: Having missed out on the lipstick, I thought it was a good idea to get the lip glass instead. Sticky like a Venus flytrap, MAC Lipglass has one of the worst lip gloss formulas. Not to mention, the color wasn't all that flattering.

Share away, BTers! :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Regret Purchases

The original one does work much better for me than Naked 2, but trust me, you can live without either :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

I have enough eye shadow to last me through the apocalypse :smileyvery-happy: Have yet to ever hit pan on any of my eye shadows so you are definitely right- I can live without!

poshified

I wish eyeshadows would use themselves up sometimes! :smileyvery-happy:

prettyinpa

@poshified-  I'm clumsy and occasionally drop my shadows on the floor and presto!  Smashed to bits, time for a new one! Or if it's something I'm trying to use up (mistakenly), it's Hip Hooray! :smileyhappy:

poshified

It's like "Oh darn, I just shattered one eyeshadow. That's a good enough reason to go out and purchase a new eye palette!" LOL

clarks18

I have a few regrets makeup wise of products that didn't work for me.

1. Dior Show Mascara- clumpy, dry, flakey, sent me to the eye doctor.  I got a clump of mascara stuck behind my eyeball, ended up not being able to wear makeup for two weeks after and had to use painful eye drops for it to heal.  Never again Dior.

2. Marc Jacobs Blush- Just bought this over this past weekend and I'm already planning on returning it.  It is a beautiful color and looks so pretty in the little compact but that's about it.  I layered this blush on so heavy and you couldn't even tell I had blush on.  Not worth the #30 at all.

3. NYX Matte Cream Lip Gloss- Eww this made my lips look so nasty.  I'm allergic to a lot of lips products so I wanted to give this a try to see how it worked for me.  Well it wasn't even pretty once applied.  It was so cakey and not natural looking.  In the trash it went.

4. Ole Hendricksen Serum- Not for me.  Made my skin breakout around my hairline, smells like cough syrup.  Works great for my mom though!

5. UD Naked Palette- Bought this before Naked 2 came out.  Warm toned eyeshadows look hideous on me.  Again ended up giving this away and my sister ended up loving it.  I think there are too many similar colors in this palette and the Naked 2 palette.  I'm just over the whole Naked line. 

6. Kat Von D Liquid Eyeliner- Not worth the price.  The Sephora brand liquid liner blows the Kat Von D liner away!  Kat Von D liner is thick, cakey, and flaked off all over my face. 

poshified

Dior mascaras don''t work on me, even with the waterproof formula. That's awful the mascara caused so you much trouble! I swatched the MJ blushes in store and didn't find the texture too impressive, compared to other less expensive blushes like MAC even. I got a NYX Matte cream lip gloss too and it made my lips look so wrinkly!

prettyinpa

Ah, where to begin...

1) Benefit Lemon Aid-  It looked like I smeared yellow crayon under my eyes. Didn't blend in at all and gave a weird yellow reverse raccoon look. 

2) Bamboo Shine Luminous Shine Mist- Made my hair look like it was wet or greasy even when I used just a little bit. Not for fine hair at all.

3) Ditto with Ojon Hair repair- Was very hard to wash out and left my hair limp.

4) Philosophy Purity Made Simple- Everyone raves about this cleanser- it gave me a rash!

5) All MAC Lipglasses- Another favorite of a lot of people, my hair gets stuck in them and they last about 3 minutes. 

Great post!

LKuhle

Seconded on Philosophy Purity. I just don't really get it? haha

aviscardi

I didn't like the purity cleanser, i felt like it didn't do anything for me. I had the bottle for well over a year and then saw in jacyln hills video that she uses it to clean her brushes as well. Tried it and now i have a way to finish the bottle :smileyhappy:

poshified

That is one expensive brush cleaner! haha

roxystar4

I agree 100% on the Benefit Lemonaid. Worst product

poshified

I saw one Youtuber use Lemonaid in a tutorial without showing what it was that she used (until I saw in the description box), and let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight! lol. I'm pretty much Back to MAC-ing that lipglass next time I'm at the store. I can only force myself (to a certain extent) to use up products I dislike.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 285 replies
  • 443 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • melisa16