poshified

Tuesday Top 5: Regret Purchases

In helping DoctorsMrs and others who have jumped on the No Buy for the rest of August wagon, I thought that rounding up a few regret purchases would be a good topic :smileyhappy:

r.JPG

-Chantecaille Save the Sharks: Chantecaille makes some of the best eyeshadows and blushes, but this palette was an utter flop. The eyeshadows were extremely chalky and the blush color difficult to pick up, but the palette as a whole just clashed with my skintone.

-Sigma Paris palette: Wanting to support a couple of my favorite Youtube gurus who participated in the making of this palette, I bought this when it first came out. Let's just say Sigma should stick to brushes. The fall out is absolutely ridiculous and pigmentation is lacking!

-Buxom Pug cream shadow: This is an exact dupe of Chanel's Illusion D'ombre in Illusoire. The thing that makes it different is, well, the quality. This shadow not only popped out of the jar after just six months (and with proper storage) but has also a greasy film on top.

-NYX Butter Lip Glosses: Good grief! These were sticky, patchy, and just plain awful. On my lips, they pretty much just slip and slide. Am I the only one who finds these over-hyped??

-MAC Lady Gaga Lipglass: Having missed out on the lipstick, I thought it was a good idea to get the lip glass instead. Sticky like a Venus flytrap, MAC Lipglass has one of the worst lip gloss formulas. Not to mention, the color wasn't all that flattering.

Share away, BTers! :smileyhappy:

WhereYouStand

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Regret Purchases

- Clinique Products pretty much any I have ever bought are a bust! & not a  must!

- Tarte for True Blood Cheek Stain it had glitter in it and the true blood shows application didn't glitter and for sure did not look anything like that.

- Pixie blush & bronzer quad you can find it at your local target but I suggest you don't!

poshified

(0) Hearts

The Tarte for True Blood collection was quite disappointing overall. Definitely a collector's collection only!

kimchikween

This thread has been so awesome!  There have been a couple of products I was thinking about trying out that I am second guessing - my wallet thanks ya!

ry22

The worst products ever (in order of worst to least worst):

1) Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser- This "gentle" cleanser made my face feel on fire. When I touched my face, it felt like I just got a facelift (not in a good way-I'm young) it was so painfully tight.

2) Josie Maran Natural Volume Lipgloss- this product is so stick and goopy I can't even get it out of the container

3) Sephora Collection Blockbuster 2011- The concept was amazing, but after the first month I haven't touched it. The shadows lack quality and I'm never going to use all the shadows.

4) DDF Amplifying Elixar- It is so thin and goopy, it literally dripped out of the sample tube I got.

5) Clean Clean Original- It smells like cheap soap.

jellybean917

ry22 - I had a similar problem with Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser! It says that it's good for dry and sensitive skin...but it's not at all. Awful stuff.

ry22

My skin's normal-combination and I've never had sensitivity issues before this product :smileysad: It took me a week until my skin looked normal-ish again. I'm just glad it was only a sample

magrat22

Good to know, it was on my wish list..now removing :smileyhappy:

poshified

The Josie Maran Lip Conditioner (in the cute jar) is quite terrible as well!

spoiledbrat

that cute packaging gets us over and over :-(

poshified

I guess it's safe to say that a majority of us are suckers for packaging :smileywink:

ry22

Good to know, I was eyeing that product until I found EOS, which is also natural but cheaper

melde

I bought that and I haaaatttteeeddd it. It actually irritated my lips. :smileysad:

mcsommer

I've been wearing NARS orgasm blush for a couple of years now and have loved it, haven't noticed any sparkles and the color is great.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if I just haven't noticed the sparkles...I'm 55 and I don't need sparkles either!  My absolute most regrettable purchase was the Bare Minerals Matte foundation.  Regardless of how much primer was applied first, the powder would absolutely not spread or blend on my skin...

poshified

Super Orgasm could easily win the most glittery blush fallout of the year award :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

That's not glitter, it's confetti.

hydee77

Regret purchases...let's see..NARS.  I'm sorry to the NARS lovers but I wanted to love NARS but the eyeshadows, blushes and lip glosses I've tried just have a "cheap feeling" to me.  My "Orgasm" blush packaging fell apart not long after I got it.  I also don't like Lancome mascara.  Fragrance in mascara, especially that floral scent reminds me of the tiny mascaras I would get in in a $5 off-brand makeup set at the grocery store back in middle school in the mid 90s.  UD eyeshadows irritate my eyes so bad that my lids get swollen.  Tarte eyeshadows are like chalk, they have no pigment whatsoever.  I have many regret purchases! The gross, gloopy Philosophy "Pure made simple" cleanser made my skin so dry and irritated I threw it out in just one use (it was a sample)

DTalksAll

Which NARS lip glosses did you try? I can't stand the larger than life lip gloss, it's really tacky. I like the original ones with the doe foot applicator (except Turkish Delight, that looked strange on me) 

poshified

It seems like all the high high end mascaras have scents in them. I do love Guerlain's though! :smileyhappy:

nakedlunch212

1. UD Naked 2 - I must be one of the very few people in the world who is not that impressed with UD eyeshadows. I bought it on impulse and figured out in the end that glitter is my worst enemy.

2. Dolce & Gabbana Rosebud Blush - So fancy! So posh! ScarJo makes this stuff look smokin' hot. I had visions of bright, fresh pink cheeks. The real world results were barely there color and eight layers of powder clinging to the side of my face.

3. Benefit Dandelion Blush - Poor pigmentation, chalky texture, worthless, scratchy brush, flimsy cardboard box. Benefit draws me in with their cute packaging and cheeky names, but it can't keep me due to lack of quality.

4. Lancome Definicils - The high-end version of Maybelline Great Lash. Countless raves, but whoomp whoomp. All I saw were stiff, spidery lashes and a flattened curl. I loved, loved, LOVED the Alber Elbaz packaging. So sad it didn't work out.

5. LivingProof Prime Extender - What does this do???!!! Nothing.

spoiledbrat

have both UD Naked palettes and do not like either one and it is sooo long i need a suitcase for a cosmetic bag if i carried it -

i got so sick of palettes with one or two colors i like that i took an Estee Lauder palette that was empty 4x6 inches, popped out the inner frame and use Loctite glue to glue in the ones i like from other palettes and give the rest to my nieces or a woman's shelter

poshified

Definicils was one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 285 replies
  • 443 hearts
  • 74 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat
    • melisa16