poshified

Tuesday Top 5: October 2013 Favorites!

[ Edited ]

I don't think there was an October faves thread, so I thought I'd go ahead and start it (albeit a few days late :smileytongue:).

octfaves.JPG

-Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyl in Sweet Escape: This nude gloss is quite opaque on its own, but it pairs incredibly well with Hourglass' Femme Nude Stylo No 6. It does have a slight tingly feel but not to the point where it felt as though a family of bees were stinging my lips. Too Faced Lip Injection, I'm looking at you.

-Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Waterproof Mascara: I'm a drugstore mascara girl at heart, as I feel that they perform better than most higher end ones. That said, if I had to choose one HG high end mascara, it would be this one. The formula is very black and it holds my curl extremely well throughout the day. Yes, the wand makes it impossible to throw on in a hurry, but for the achieved look, I'll put up with it :smileyhappy:

-Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Initiation: If there's one LE eyeshadow you should own for the holidays, it should be this one. It's a versatile color that goes with just any crease color I've decided to pop on. It also wears beautifully on its own blended into the crease with some liner!

-MAC Pro Longwear Bronzer in Nude on Board: Anyone else ever come across a product that simply needs to use itself up once you see the pan peeking through? I deem this the never-ending bronzer, but I'm not complaining as it suits my current NC25 skintone, and it lasts throughout the day.

-Lancome Genifique: There were many days when I was pressed for time in the morning and fussing with a slower absorbing serum was the last thing I wanted to do. Genifique to the rescue! I'll be purchasing a full-sized once I get through all the sample packets and deluxe sizes of this.

What items were you loving for the month of October?

glossyguru

Re: Tuesday Top 5: October 2013 Favorites!

1) Too Faced Natural Eye Collection

http://www.sephora.com/natural-eye-neutral-eye-shadow-collection-P241303?skuId=1189224

I haven't owned this in a while, but I recently repurchased it and I forgot how amazing it was. I always find palettes where I will use 3 or 4 of the colors, but in this palette I will use ALL of them

2) Anna Sui Fairy Dance

http://www.sephora.com/fairy-dance-P378044?skuId=1446368

My HG perfume. Such a warm and comforting scent, I recommend it to anyone.

3) Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Corrupt

http://www.sephora.com/24-7-glide-on-eye-pencil-P133707?skuId=1498658

This has become my absolute favorite eyeliner this month. Love the color, I think that it's a pretty unique brown shade.

4) Nars Single Eyeshadow in Galapagos

http://www.sephora.com/single-eye-shadow-P0249?skuId=1072800

Such a beautiful warm brown, works great to darken up any look. And I love the formula of this eyeshadow, super smooth and not too chunky for a shimmer/glitter

5) Anastasia Brow Powder Duo

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=ANASTASIA%20BEVERLY%20HILLS%20Brow%20Powder...

This is such an awesome brow powder, I can't say enough about it. It makes my brows look so natural and full!

garnett

I had a lot of fun in October and I have the receipts to prove it!

1. Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Showstopper- I found this while drooling over a $350 Marc Jacobs lipstick set. I noticed that one of the lipsticks had a red case while all the others were black. It's so beautiful that I had to share it with all of you Beauties. :smileyhappy: The formula is wonderful. It glides on so creamy and it has a satin finish. I find that it gives a very good wear time too.

2. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream and Liquid. I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora using the promo code "ceramidin" . It contains lipids (fats) that support and reinforce the skin's water barrier. I have normal to dry skin but have always had issues with flaking. These products are excellent. They have helped my skin behave and stop flaking. You can use one or both of these. I use the liquid all over my face. I reinforce that with a tiny amount of the cream in my trouble areas. I let it sink in and then use my regular skin care. The results don't lie-my nose and chin are not flaking anymore. I use less moisturizer but my skin is holding moisture better. My makeup looks better because my skin is in better condition. I highly recommend that you give this product a try if you have dry skin. The deluxe sample will last for many days and you will see results before you consider purchasing full size products.

3. Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer Pen- I received a sample of the Marc Jacobs foundation and concealer during The Great Foundation Sample Bombardment of 2013. The foundation didn't rock my world but the concealer was outstanding. It is a thin formula that gives good coverage that conceals and brightens. I find that it lasts all day (ok a nasty blemish needs more attention) and never gets cakey, cracked, or dry looking. The pen dispenses the product well and the cooling tip makes it glide on nicely.

4. Bite Beauty Best Bite Set & Collectors Edition Lip Layers Set-
I have to admit that I am a total Bite Beauty addict. I love their lip pencils and lipsticks. I can't think of anything I don't like about these products. The Best Bite gives you four creamy, long wearing lip pencils that iare four fabulously wearable Fall & Winter colors. The nude tone, Madeira, is not great for me on it's own but really lovely under a sheer, nude gloss. At $25 it's a great gift and gift for yourself. The Collectors Edition is a bit of an investment but it has a beautiful array of colors that will complete you lipstick wardrobe. So many time I want to try a type of color or want a certain color for a particular outfit or occasion but don't want to make an investment for a whole tube. This allows you to play, blend, layer, ombre, etc. I got it at 20% off during the employee sale. Consider getting it while we have the 20% off this week.

5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette- Any of you who are familiar with my favorites know I am totally in love with the Ambient Lighting Powders. They are very fine, go on like a whisper, don't cake, don't glitter, don't dry me out. They truly impart a lit from within glow. I own 5 of the 6 full sized compacts so when the palette came out I thought I wouldn't need it. At closer inspection I saw that it contains Radiant which is the one I didn't own, Incandescent which is currently only available in this palette, and Dim which is a great go to color. Ambient Lighting Powders last forever so even though these are smaller in size you are going to get a whole heck of a lot of use from this. You can mix and layer these powders  to create the effect that you desire. I have dry skin and these are the first powders I have used that don't make me chalky or dry. They do a lot to brighten my complexion and make me feel more polished.

kittichick

(0) Hearts

This -  "The Great Foundation Sample Bombardment of 2013" needs a trademark sign.

Also, I keep seeing love for Houglass' Ambient Lighting Palette. I might have to buy this.

glossyguru

Awww you guys are REALLY making me want that Best of Bite set!

kittichick

(0) Hearts

Buy it! BUY IT! It's sooooooo awwwwwesome...

Seriously, I love it. All four colors are good on me. I am amazed. Plus, smooth, creamy application, reasonably long-lasting, and such cute packaging!

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Its good glossy! I just got it in my last order and I am really loving the formula and the colors.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Eek and it's only $25! But I promised myself that I wouldn't buy myself anything until after Christmas... Do you know if it will still be available then?

poshified

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the heads up on Ceramidin! I haven't broken into my deluxe size yet but now I can't wait to use it :smileyhappy: My local Sephora's testers for the MJ Showstopper always get stolen. It must be that red packaging!

melde

And thank you for enabling us. Haha.

kittichick

1. Real Techniques - 2 brush sets

upload_8483057538489132865.jpgupload_5437895844961792717.jpg

2. Bite Beauty Best Bite set (esp Madeira) - I was surprised that they ALL worked on me! I have such a hard time finding colors that I like and yet... All four of them. :smileyvery-happy:

upload_3462986425681186444.jpg

3. Tarte Pure Delights 8-Piece LipSurgence Lip Set (esp Destined & Grateful)   

4. Clinique quad in Teddybear - OMG, the perfect nude eye!! I still can't believe it. And sooo blendable and NO drop-off.  

upload_5395106821954094123.jpg

5. Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes - No surprise here!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Clinique's re-formulated eyeshadows have taken me by surprise! Teddy Bear looks right up my alley, so I'll be checking it out soon :smileyhappy:

kittichick

Right? :smileyvery-happy:

They're not super pigmented, though. But they are buildable and with a primer and nude colors, I don't find that to be a big deal.

mimibel

image.jpg1-3 BRUSHES: Real Techniques Blush, No7 Foundation & Concealer.

4 MAC Fix+

5 No7 Skin Illuminator

I'm trying more cream and liquid products but I'm more skilled with powders. :smileywink: 

These 5 numbered items stay in my everyday kit though. 

poshified

Creams are definitely trickier to deal with, but I'm sure you've got the right tools for them! :smileyhappy: You can never have enough RT brushes!

mimibel

Absolutely true! At least many gels, creams and cream-to-powder products have more sophisticated formulas so layering over powders for touch up or finish is now possible.   Who knew?!? Evidently not me.

poshified

(0) Hearts

The beauty of makeup -- it's a trial and error process :smileyvery-happy:

DesertRose0706

[ Edited ]

1. I got 3 new MAC brushes in October and I have used them all everyday and they are really amazing:

116 - blush

217 - blending

219 - pencil

2. Dior Rosy Tan Eyeshadow Quint - this quint is just gorgeous!!!

3. Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder -  I have been using this for an all over bronzer and it creates a really atural and luminous look

4. Flowerbomb perfume - I got one of the 250 point perks and I really love this perfume, which is very exciting for me because i have a VERY hard time finding perfume I like

5. Murad Advanced Active Radiance® Serum - i got a deluxe sample of this erum and have been using it twice a day and am actually noticing an improvement in mky skin - it looks more hydrated and bright!  i am definitely pickin gup the full size during the sale!

jellybean917

Maybe I should finally swatch Rosy Tan. It doesn't seem so great on the computer, so I've never even looked at it in person.

Diorskin Nude Tan is definitely one of my new favorites though! Such a subtle, natural glow. Most other bronzers turn me into an oompa loompa, even with the lightest hand.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Dior shadows are 'softly pigmented' compared to UD's. However, Dior's are extremely blendable and buildable. They also give an overall polished look that can be difficult to achieve with some of UD's shades :smileyhappy:

Did you have a problem with the Nude Tan forming a hard film after a few months? I've heard many people sending it back for that reason.

poshified

(0) Hearts

If I could only have one eyeshadow palette, it'd be Rosy Tan! :smileyvery-happy: I'll have to check out that Murad serum.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler
    • garnett
    • DesertRose0706